Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Great to hear that you’ve engaged FuturDrone.

Sorry to hear about the 5K iMac. I hope you get it back soon!

At 720, not really a valid test... minimum of 1080p to even form a baseline, IMHO. Either way, some correction is still needed... care less about this and more on how well these various idiosyncrasies are addressed. More surprised at the report of unsharp DNGs.

Original H came out in June as well, with various flight and camera tweeks needed. It was November that year that many initial issues were finally corrected.

Last edited:
I was just watching that before seeing this post and thought the same thing. 720? Really? One thing he touched on that those of us who want to do video work is that the props will come into view sooner than the H due to longer arms and props but I am sure it will be a simple matter of learning the do's and don'ts. I am hearing also that there is a firmware release due at the same time as launch (whenever that officially is I guess)

Preventing prop view is as simple as not jamming the stick to the top of the gimbal. You learn that real quick flying big multirotors with long props. Fly like a bus driver trying not to upset the passengers, not like your in a road race with a sports car. Be smooooth on the sticks[emoji6]

Preventing prop view is as simple as not jamming the stick to the top of the gimbal. You learn that real quick flying big multirotors with long props. Fly like a bus driver trying not to upset the passengers, not like your in a road race with a sports car. Be smooooth on the sticks[emoji6]
Or fly backwards and reverse the video in post.

At 720, not really a valid test... minimum of 1080p to even form a baseline, IMHO. Either way, some correction is still needed... care less about this and more on how well these various idiosyncrasies are addressed. More surprised at the report of unsharp DNGs.

Original H came out in June as well, with various flight and camera tweeks needed. It was November that year that many initial issues were finally corrected.
An HD version is now available so I have changed the video hyperlink.

Or fly backwards and reverse the video in post.

Sometimes you can do this and get away with but others it is difficult, such as when there are things like cars moving or people walking. ;)Strangely enough I have done it blatantly in at least two of my videos and no one has caught either account or maybe they did but didn't say anything.

When extremely brief and at the right time a view of the props won’t detract. They can actually be a benefit if not over used.

Doncha just hate it when you go through all the effort to shoot scenes, edit the video, add text captions, post it a public venue, only to find you misspelled a descriptive word?

Observations;

Horizon at mid screen good.

Aggressive flight introduced props, continuous high speed flight did not.

Easing into the controls did not introduce props to view.

Rapid stop and gyration did not show props.

Possible bending of straight lines during aircraft/camera rotation.

Great imagery in general.0

Last edited:
Sometimes you can do this and get away with but others it is difficult, such as when there are things like cars moving or people walking. ;)Strangely enough I have done it blatantly in at least two of my videos and no one has caught either account or maybe they did but didn't say anything.
I remember watching a beautiful 4k video of the ocean waves breaking on craggy rocks. While most of it looked correct, some scenes looked strange. It took a while to realize that the waves were going backwards! That wasn't your video, Ty, was it?

Observations;
Horizon at mid screen good.
Yes, I've noticed that fisheye distortion of the horizon doesn't exist as long as the horizon is in the middle of the view. As the horizon moves towards the top or bottom of the view, it becomes curved. The curvature in this video, where the horizon is near the top of the view (1:33-1:50), shows only slight curvature. I could live with that or make the necessary correction in post.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating that we keep the horizon in the middle of the view. The rule of thirds would suggest to place the sky in the top third of the scene since the ground is usually what we want to see in the video anyway. Interesting sky scenes are another matter.
Thanks for posting the video, Ty.

Reactions: rdonson
I remember watching a beautiful 4k video of the ocean waves breaking on craggy rocks. While most of it looked correct, some scenes looked strange. It took a while to realize that the waves were going backwards! That wasn't your video, Ty, was it?

No. I had one where the cars were driving backwards in the background but the focus was a tower in the foreground and another where I flipped the scene left to right so the motion flowed correctly but there was writing on the road that looked real funny

Reactions: Rubik
- Color, detail and sharpness all pass muster (thumbs up)
- Rapid stop and gyration did not show any strange movement in the video. The dampers are doing their job admirably!
- The horizon looked acceptable but I suspect that a tweak by Yuneec could improve it to where we don't notice it at all.

I agree Ron, I think the imagery color and detail is very good, same for gimbal - rock solid. But most of that video is shot with the camera at zero to the horizon so we don't see curvature. The one exception is the high speed run down the road and we see a little curvature, not as bad as our H but enough that one just needs to plan their shots. Coming from the H 480, the C23 is a done deal for me and any fixes down the road will just be welcome additions. Just hoping the rest unfolds in a similar manner.

For video, I just remove the portion of the clip in FCP X that has props. Fairly easy to do and just use an appropriate transition in the gap.

For stills, yes, Photoshop or Lightroom will easily remove the props.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder