Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Mostly good with what we’ve seen so far. Looks to be a great video camera. A couple things still need questions answered relative to still photography but those won’t happen until we see more samples from the few people that have one.

The screen is brighter, but I still recommend adding a sun visor

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-26_18-53-1.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-26_18-53-1.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 26
The screen is brighter, but I still recommend adding a sun visor
Brighter screen is a welcome improvement. I see you've already painted some of the arms with day-glow paint. Good idea.
Is the sun visor you show a commercial item? I made mine about 1-1/2 years ago out of a cardboard box. I've posted this picture before but to save you from searching, here it is again:
DSC08319-1.jpg
The advantages are the cut-away area at the bottom so I can reach in to use the touch screen and the cheap reading glasses so I can put my face right down into the viewer like using an FPV device. With this viewer, though, I can instantly look away to see the TH in the air relative to its surroundings. I've used this thing on every flight since I built it.

Yes, and the shade that @oliver showed does NOT require you to use the bottom. It looks pretty sharp to me. I ordered one to go along with my "Ty Pilot" tray for the ST16. :)

Last edited:
Interesting to see a grey market developing in the UK for the £750 US-only Autel Evo with no local NFZs - for those prepared to take a risk on customs. The Irish pilot obviously over-excited as he forgot to open out his antennae! Not fair to judge on this footage but it didn't do much for me…probably because I'm already in love.

His next video shows the thought that Autel has put into their app for the EVO.

Mr. Gilmore is quite a character.

P.S. Autel still claims that at some point they will put a 1” camera in the EVO.

Pretty much impossible to compete with a 12mp sensor right now. Even the smaller Anafi is advertised as having 21mp. Small size, no NFZ’s ,and safety orange color aren’t enough to excite anyone looking to get serious with the imagery.

On a different note, Autel still has the best C.S., the camera’s dynamic range has been said to be very good at somewhere around 10-11 stops, and there is intent to be EU compliant. They’ll need to be quick with that certification to sell it without restrictions though.

Last edited:
Pixel count is good but not much of a substitute for pixel size. This is why packing 100 megapixels on a 1" sensor wouldn't result in good images. Its also why medium format digital cameras exist.

There's a lot you can do on a sensor as Sony keeps on demonstrating but at some point you just run into the laws of physics.

Agreed, size really does matter;). Autel has been talking a 1”sensor for a long time. They’re still talking...

For now, the 1" sensor is likely to be the optimum size for drones of this class.

Once you get to M4/3 you need much larger/heavier lenses and then you're considering zoom lenses, etc. and you need a more sizable aircraft. $$$

Starting about $15k after obtaining the necessary “optional” equipment. Unkess some technological “magic” occurs it’s almost impossible to stay in the small and “cheap” class of multirotors to compete against medium or full frame cameras. The cinema level stuff is very, very good but equally expensive. The Alta and M-200 are on sale at Crutchfield right now, less camera and gimbal. Even on sale they’re not cheap.

Last edited:

New
Photo taken from my H+ of my H520. No distortion correction done but a very small amount of grading, taken in 'original mode' which is the same as H520 unprocessed. Looking really good I have to say.
I've a feeling I'm going to really like this aircraft.

H520%20from%20H%2B%20copy.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder