Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro model vs Advanced (Advice Requested)

Reaction score
I've a decision to make, as I don't want to be without a 'copter for the rest of the season, and need to replace my drowned H soon.

Looking for a definitive list of reasons why the Pro version (which I cannot seem to get yet) might be better than the "Advanced" version.

Notes (to be corrected if I am wrong, or missing something)

1. Advanced has no Realsense, but could be added easily
2. Pro as a kit is more expensive than Advanced plus Realsense Module
3. Pro has longer antennae on copter body
4. Pro has three antennae on ST16
5. CGO3+ is the same on Advanced and Pro
6. Considering that RealSense Module may use power/add weight, cut into flight time
7. I cannot seem to get my hands on a Pro kit for the nominal price of $1899, as the only ones that have them are much higher .... everyone else says "Not Available - yet" So. ..when?

Any thoughts? I appreciate all input. Also, I did search, but found nothing specifying these things, except in other posts, not directly related or searchable.

Another consideration/question: If I buy a regular kit, would there be any reason for me to want two ST16's? Or, for that matter, two Wizards? I have never used the Wizard, and will not likely do so. But in case, I would sell one ST16 and one of the Wizard Modules ... is the fact that they are on ebay any indication of demand for such?

1. Advanced has no Realsense, but could be added easily
2. Pro as a kit is more expensive than Advanced plus Realsense Module
3. Pro has longer antennae on copter body
4. Pro has three antennae on ST16
5. CGO3+ is the same on Advanced and Pro
6. Considering that RealSense Module may use power/add weight, cut into flight time
7. I cannot seem to get my hands on a Pro kit for the nominal price of $1899, as the only ones that have them are much higher .... everyone else says "Not Available - yet" So. ..when?

I don't think anyone can do more than guess at most of the answers you seek. No doubt you will get answers which are just beliefs or based on Web misinformation. I have a Pro. According to the shipper, only 25 were released to certain USA dealers during the 3rd week of July. My OPINION is that the Pro will start to be released by the end of this month.

As to your 7 items, I can answer #6. Based on reported flight times of others, my RealSense H flight time is about the same, varies a bit according to conditions. As to price, the Pro also includes IPS. Current 1900 price includes 2 batts, a Wizard, and a carrying case/backpack.

I like my Pro, lots of fun and lots to learn. It's your money, your decision.

Reactions: lsn618
From what I can tell IPS is part of the RealSense module ... any info on that?

Only three questions need to be answered;

Are you planning to fly indoors?

Do you regularly fly your copter so far away you can't tell how close you are to something?

Do you plan on using your H to play chase in a complex and object filled environment?

If no to all three, you don't need the Pro version.

Could not answer no to those, but I guess my question, refined, would be not so much whether I want/need obstacle avoidance in three dimensions, but whether there is something about the Pro version that is NOT related to RealSense or IPS, that makes it inherently better than the Advanced version. If no, then I can go ahead and get my replacement 'copter, and add the RealSense module when my account recuperates.

Thank you!

As for the extra St16

Why not keep it?

Bind the bird to one and the camera to the other.

Fly with a partner

One flying one filming.

Actually you pair them but you know what I mean

I thought about that .. the reality is that as a lone shooter the opportunities would be very very few and far between. I'm the only active "drone guy" I know in my area. Although I know there are others .. heard mention of some dufus flying his Phantom over the crowded State Fair recently ... NOT ME>

Miz... I agree with Pat...
I see OA and RS as a gimmick....
Unless you fly low to the ground you don't need it...
I am in a hilly area at home and when at the lake I fly at least at 200 feet.
The only thing I want to watch is what the extra antenna do for range and reception.
Just get the advanced and the cheap backpack and enjoy flying the rest of the summer !

M it is better to have and not need it than need it and not have it. The Wizards are like having two 16s.. Well sell one or both of em. That's $200.00 each.
Think on this. Your out 1200ft at 30ft when return to home is activated. You have OA on. RC has dropped out. There is a bunch of trees and other clutter between you and TH. Now the pro will negotiate back, the advance will stop and hover till the battery makes it land. This is my 2 cents. Fly safe.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Thom, yes indeed ... well, I never fly at 30' when I'm far out ... but when I get the RS module, maybe I could. There is a river chasm I wanted to fly through, but was too leery of the sheer stone walls and the windy situation so did not .. another use for it ... providing it's not just forward, but to the sides, at least somewhat (think Death Star trench)

SO "officially" here is the word from YuneecUS:
"The RealSense module will include the IPS sonar just as it does on the Typhoon H Pro. The only difference between the H and the H Pro is the RealSense module, and the cameras are the same. There is an extra antenna on the ST-16 that will ship with the H Pro to increase the video range, but the quality of video is the same. There are no further differences between the options. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you and have a Yuneec day!"

With the FPVLR antenna that are coming, I will have range and clarity to do what I need, thus negating the need for the antenna upgrades on the Pro, so therefore I will go ahead and get me advanced version, and get the RS once I feel flush again. Thanks for all your thoughts and inputs!

When you say pro do you mean the one with or without realsense ?

Yuneec Typhoon H Drones | Drones Direct

Because it's going to get confusing now pro just means with 2 batteries and a case.
Ooh, that IS confusing, and misleading ... I mean with RealSense ... that's what I thought Pro indicated .. had no idea all it REALLY indicates is the new antenna configuration, plus batts and backpack.

+1 on PatR's response. Figure out what you want to do with it then see if the "Advanced" or "Pro" meets your needs.

I want Realsense but the reality is I probably wouldn't use it much... But I still want it!

I'm waiting for the yuneec H advanced pro plus with realsense to comes out.
Which is the pro transmitter and mark 2 H , without the case , but with 3 batteries and realsense.

I'm waiting for the yuneec H advanced pro plus with realsense to comes out.
Which is the pro transmitter and mark 2 H , without the case , but with 3 batteries and realsense.
When is that coming out? I just ordered the regular typhoon h which I'm guessing is the "advanced" version and I got it for $1,128.00 +tax and I dont see the point in spending an extra $772 for rs if I'm not really going to use it probably gonna need the backpack and extra battery for $350 for both but the new transmitter intrigues me

I noticed on the demunseed review the top speed is limited to 11 miles per hour with realsense activated so that reduced performance may assist with battery flight time.

I'm still on the fence but leaning towards not bothering as it does not work with flight modes like orbit which is daft, with a 360 rotating camera they could have easily had the Typhoon orbit with the nose first so that realsense was useful and rotate the camera to keep it focused on the centre.

Just hoping you can change the RTH height in a future update.

I noticed on the demunseed review the top speed is limited to 11 miles per hour with realsense activated so that reduced performance may assist with battery flight time.

I'm still on the fence but leaning towards not bothering as it does not work with flight modes like orbit which is daft, with a 360 rotating camera they could have easily had the Typhoon orbit with the nose first so that realsense was useful and rotate the camera to keep it focused on the centre.

Just hoping you can change the RTH height in a future update.

Not sure why you need to change the RTH height if flying LOS?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval