Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro will not Calibrate

Reaction score
Updated to the latest firmware, rebooted the ST16 and Drone and now nothing will calibrate. In the ST16 I click "Setting Calibration", then "Accelerometer", "Gimbal Camera" or "Compass" and nothing happens. Compass calibration worked before upgrading to the latest.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
JKru

Ok, solved my issue. I rebound the aircraft and it worked. Firmware updates seem to be a little flakey. Anyone else having this issue just go through the bind process.

The firmware instructions mention re-binding after the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The firmware instructions mention re-binding after the upgrade.

I'm new to drones, yup your correct (make sure you read the release instructions and NOT the manual they will differ in this regard). Hope this will help someone else. I think I figured out what happened but something interesting none the less. So my OTA update failed after "camera response ERROR! Upload processing failed!" I was on latest version it seemed of everything except I was Autopilot 1.29 (not 1.30). What I did is clean up all the firmware update and log directories on the SD card and the ST16 and it updated. Then I did bind it again. After that I thought I would check for new updates on the controller and aircraft. The controller was up to date but the Aircraft began updating again (to the same version). I probably forgot to rebind is the issue.

My question is does anyone else experience this that the aircraft will not check for the latest version? The reason why I ask is just to make sure I don't have anything weird with my drone.

Last edited:
Something you discovered the hard way, but discovered just the same, is the importance of the release notes. It may not work for you, but something I like to do is save each firmware upgrade to a new folder and download the release note PDF's to file for later and continuing reference. Doing so allows me to maintain a progressive record of what changes have taken place over time while providing a known off line location for reference material.

I haven't updated to the over air update version yet but I suspect the system is not yet designed to check for the latest version. It did not prior to the latest firmware upgrades. Realistically, I hope that never becomes the case because if the system auto updates, as another system has done for awhile, a user my quickly find they have new functionality or experience restricted functionality they didn't desire. That's how GEO was introduced into DJI's systems, and worse, installed in an firmware upgrade several versions before it was stated to occur. Those that avoided updating to avoid the installation of GEO found it was installed well before and they were stuck with it. If an owner has a system that functions perfectly for the intended purposes there is little point, as a matter of fact no point, in introducing unwanted functionality or reducing what they are already happy with. Having the latest, greatest is not always a good thing, especially if that newest, super duper upgrade took away from what worked great before. If you do professional work, tool stability is far more important than changing what you know already works for what you use it for. Let the owners decide what they want and install it if and when they want it. They bought and paid for the product, they own it, not the manufacturer, so let the owner decide what they do and don't want and act accordingly.

Reactions: JKru
Something you discovered the hard way, but discovered just the same, is the importance of the release notes. It may not work for you, but something I like to do is save each firmware upgrade to a new folder and download the release note PDF's to file for later and continuing reference. Doing so allows me to maintain a progressive record of what changes have taken place over time while providing a known off line location for reference material.

I haven't updated to the over air update version yet but I suspect the system is not yet designed to check for the latest version. It did not prior to the latest firmware upgrades. Realistically, I hope that never becomes the case because if the system auto updates, as another system has done for awhile, a user my quickly find they have new functionality or experience restricted functionality they didn't desire. That's how GEO was introduced into DJI's systems, and worse, installed in an firmware upgrade several versions before it was stated to occur. Those that avoided updating to avoid the installation of GEO found it was installed well before and they were stuck with it. If an owner has a system that functions perfectly for the intended purposes there is little point, as a matter of fact no point, in introducing unwanted functionality or reducing what they are already happy with. Having the latest, greatest is not always a good thing, especially if that newest, super duper upgrade took away from what worked great before. If you do professional work, tool stability is far more important than changing what you know already works for what you use it for. Let the owners decide what they want and install it if and when they want it. They bought and paid for the product, they own it, not the manufacturer, so let the owner decide what they do and don't want and act accordingly.
I think deactivating the ST-16 wifi so it doesn't access your home wifi (internet) would be a safe guard against un desirable updates.

I did that to assure separation between my e-mail accounts and linking to my PC. The ST-16 WiFi is another means to introduce viruses through systems sharing. For me, convenience does not trump security.

Ok reviving this thread. Arrived in Redondo Beach, CA from Seattle and calibrated everything was great and got good flights. Changed location 4 miles away and getting orange flashing warning as well as compass issue and instructed to land. I landed and recalibrated and still issues. Logs are throwing error 32 flags. I just read that people were facing north when doing calibration I did not do this. Could this be the issue? Any tips or pointers to threads I might have missed? Cannot seem to get a successful calibration now. I'll try rebinding shortly.

Facing north helps it seems. I don't know if the compass calibrates in degrees, radians, or something else but they all start reference at zero and run +/- from that point so might as well point it in that general direction to start out.

There will be times that influences from ferrous materials nearby will interfere with the compass so performing a new calibration when that happens certainly won't hurt.

Facing north helps it seems. I don't know if the compass calibrates in degrees, radians, or something else but they all start reference at zero and run +/- from that point so might as well point it in that general direction to start out.

There will be times that influences from ferrous materials nearby will interfere with the compass so performing a new calibration when that happens certainly won't hurt.

The weird thing is my buddy has a Autel and he had no problems at the location. I could not get it calibrated at all. I'm back at the hotel and I am getting it in the room. Are there certain revs of the hardware that have compass issues perhaps? I have another 15 days to exchange just wanted to make sure nothing could be wrong, it's been flying great otherwise.

PatR are you getting any 32 error codes hidden in your flight logs? Maybe this is normal and as long as you have GPS lock should be fine.

The weird thing is my buddy has a Autel and he had no problems at the location. I could not get it calibrated at all. I'm back at the hotel and I am getting it in the room. Are there certain revs of the hardware that have compass issues perhaps? I have another 15 days to exchange just wanted to make sure nothing could be wrong, it's been flying great otherwise.

PatR are you getting any 32 error codes hidden in your flight logs? Maybe this is normal and as long as you have GPS lock should be fine.

I did a calibration yesterday at my normal location but changed my forward direction to north after picking up drone to rotate. I noticed increased drift and less accuracy and I believe that is from me starting incorrectly. I'm going to retry later and report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: JKru
I did a calibration yesterday at my normal location but changed my forward direction to north after picking up drone to rotate. I noticed increased drift and less accuracy and I believe that is from me starting incorrectly. I'm going to retry later and report back.

Also since Yuneec was the guts behind Blade, I'm experienced with the finicky calibration but the 350 would fail if not followed to the letter. I think the H will accept a less then perfect data collection if all the steps are followed as it has internal error correction but too many instances are bad. I've been super stable and yesterday was TH first time I saw noticeable drift. Again, I believe I caused it.

Alright the compass is emotionally sensitive :) I faced north, moved more than 11 feet away from cell phones, ensured good connection to the st16, removed the gimbal and removed props, rotated smooth and slow, and worked perfectly at Venice Beach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots