Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Quad Battery Charger

As has been mentioned above, the DY3 is the equivalent charger for the H Pro. However what has not been mentioned is why the various chargers above (and there are other models in these series that charge 2 batteries at a time, like the DY3) are preferable.

Please review this thread on caring for LiPo batteries:

LiPo Battery Care

The Cliff Notes version is this: One of the most important factors you can monitor on your LiPo batteries is Internal Resistance. 1) the lower the IR, the better. 2) Equally important, how far the deviation of those readings across the cells.

The only charger mentioned in this thread that cannot monitor IR is... the DY5 (and the corresponding DY3).

I would recommend the Hitec X2 Plus Black Edition as both an affordable and capable choice for the H Pro.
Where does one get the cables and connectors for the TH Pro to go along with such a charger like the Hitec?

Hi Air Intel,
That is my set up exactly, with 4 cable adapters and boards. It does all of my other quad batteries and lihv for the H Plus and 520 when I end up with them eventually. Dual power sources and it is not just for professionals but for hobbyists ,BECAUSE IT PROTECTS YOUR BATTERY'S BY CHARGING AND BALANCING AND DISCHARGING CORRECTLY. You only have to stuff up a few batteries by charging incorrectly and there is the cost of this machine. I purchased mine 1 week after buying my 2 H480's and I have flown them at least 5 days a week with 7 batteries. Two GIFI 's are a bit puffy but we're suspect from the start and are my calibration batteries and test bench ones . The remaining 7 are 4 originals and 3 Ultrax and there all performing great thanks to getting a very good charger. So
all Joy drone guy buy the good charger and not one that is confined to one type of battery.
Johnno Hennessy,
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .
Thanks for the advice.

I bought those from Carolina Dronz a couple weeks ago. Had them in a few days. They shipped same day I ordered them and arrived quickly. Well made, solid leads.

Edit - Sorry, I bought the H+ leads.....but back in October I got the leads for my H480 from them as well.

Reactions: Phaedrus
I bought those from Carolina Dronz a couple weeks ago. Had them in a few days. They shipped same day I ordered them and arrived quickly. Well made, solid leads.

Edit - Sorry, I bought the H+ leads.....but back in October I got the leads for my H480 from them as well.

I've been happy with them as well. One of them was missing the plastic strain relief on the end of the balance tap. Sent them an email and they replaced it and told me to keep the first one.

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn