Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H RealSense with Wizard in Watch Me Mode

R

Rayray

Finally got up the nerve (stupidity!) to try this. From start to finish of this video, the RealSense controls the H as it watches and follows me through groves of mostly giants Oaks. At times it did not "watch", no idea why. The morning sun caused glare, and no way to set video using the Wizard.

When I got to the end and looked back, the craft was nowhere in sight. After a couple more seconds, I knew I'd better go and look for the pieces. When that sucker appeared way up over the trees, I let out a whoop. A happy kid again.

Yes that would take a little bit of crazy to do that. Good example of how well the realsence works, I just wish the H did a better job of keeping the camera on you. I'm sure in a couple years these things will be crazy good at going this and keeping the camera on you.

Reactions: Rayray
I suspect it is the lack of GPS precision on the Wizard due to the dense vegetation that is causing the camera to not be on target all the time. The foliage will block out some of the GPS satellites overhead, and fewer locks mean lower precision. The Typhoon kept the camera pointed where it believe the Wizard to be, based on what the Wizard was transmitting to the Typhoon.

Stuff like this won't get better while it relies on GPS. There are some other high-precision positioning systems in the works that aren't affected by vegetation and will also work indoors. I think it will be a generation or two of new multirotors before something like that appears in a consumer product.

I wish I could be using mine but I got it back from Yuneec repair today and it would not fly...one of the motors was binding on start up and it flipped without taking off, perhaps it was damaged in shipping, regardless, it's been sent back to dealer for an exchange. I've had nothing but good luck with the other two I own but the time it's taken to try and get this third one up and flying has been ridiculous...particularily when they refer to it as a "Pro" model.

I suspect it is the lack of GPS precision on the Wizard due to the dense vegetation that is causing the camera to not be on target all the time. The foliage will block out some of the GPS satellites overhead, and fewer locks mean lower precision. The Typhoon kept the camera pointed where it believe the Wizard to be, based on what the Wizard was transmitting to the Typhoon.

Bet you're right. Also, I remember that at some point I realized that I was not keeping the top of the Wizard, where the GPS is, pointed up all the time.

I wish I could be using mine but I got it back from Yuneec repair today and it would not fly...one of the motors was binding on start up and it flipped without taking off, perhaps it was damaged in shipping, regardless, it's been sent back to dealer for an exchange. I've had nothing but good luck with the other two I own but the time it's taken to try and get this third one up and flying has been ridiculous...particularily when they refer to it as a "Pro" model.

Mickey, I see we're about the same age, over the hill but not under the hill...yet.

Your two that fly good, what are they if I may ask? And I hope I'm not making folks feel bad about their Pro with problems. I seem so far to have a good one, but i hold my breath every time I push the UP lever.

Good luck and best wishes, Mickey...Yuneec needs badly to get on top of their issues now!

From the video, it almost looks like the copter was in "follow" instead of "watch" mode.

From the video, it almost looks like the copter was in "follow" instead of "watch" mode.

I think THoff (above) is on the right trail.

I had noticed similar on an earlier flight, so I made sure that the Wizard was in Watch Me mode after I switched to Smart mode. Right before the video started. In Watch you have a green light, in Follow it is yellow.

Also, I had it low when I switched modes, but after that it did its thing, went up and down, but not back down to the original height.

I'm sure in a couple years these things will be crazy good at going this and keeping the camera on you.

Within 6 months we'll be using a camera on the H that will zoom in on you, target and launch a paint ball. PB launcher additional cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22