Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H rebuild

I got in my new camera, and other than that fact that it is a normal CGO3 adn not the + version everything has connetced fine. It will not turn side to side, or tilt though. The ST16 will not update the firmware for the camera though. What are the steps for updating the camera firmware for a nor,a H and a CGO3 non-plus version.

I got in my new camera, and other than that fact that it is a normal CGO3 adn not the + version everything has connetced fine. It will not turn side to side, or tilt though. The ST16 will not update the firmware for the camera though. What are the steps for updating the camera firmware for a nor,a H and a CGO3 non-plus version.

I believe you will need to ask for an exchange and get the correct camera for your H.

The CGO3+ is a must for the H480. The CGO3 does not understand the commands from an H.

Jeff

So the CGO3 will not work with the H?

The ST16 has a picture from it, but it will not accept inputs from the st16 such as move left/right or tilt up /down.

I would advise you to stop trying to update while you still have a drone. The CGo3 firmware is associated with the Q500. It would be difficult to separated them safely, and loading Q500 firmware on a TH will likely render your unit completely bricked.

With that said, firmware is NOT your issue. The "tilt" PWM code is the same for all CG03 updates, and all versions of the TH firmware will accept it. You have another issue.

The Pan function does not work on the CGo3, other than a few degrees of automatic pan associated with stabilization. It is in no way controllable from the ST16.

Please describe what you have already attempted, and we can build on that to search for a solution.

I haev tried to load to the update from yuneec onto the SD card and then through the update area on the ST16 I tried to update. It just ended up saying it had timed out.

BTW, the tilt worked, the pan did not. Sorry for the confusion.

And yes, @NorWiscPilot is pretty much right.
The chief drawbacks of using a CGo3 on a TH are bad onscreen video quality, lack of manual pan, and a complete absence of the advanced features of the camera. Even if you get it to work, it will have limited functionality on a Typhoon H.
It will NOT work trying to upgrade the CGo3 firmware to CGo3+ firmware. That upgrade appears to be blocked by Yuneec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
O.K. So returning the camera adn getting the correct camera is my best option for getting it back into 100% working order. THis might explain why I got such a good deal on it. LOL

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval