Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H rebuild

Reaction score
After the crash, I have been sourcing parts and getting everything together. Thanks to AH-1G I was able to get motors, and thanks to several other members I was able to track down some of the smaller parts I needed.

I do have a question. I have it apart, and have replaced everything that needs to be replaced. However I have a connector that I cannot figure out. I dont remember it being hooked to anything. Attached are pics. Does anyone have a clue?

Attachments

• 15824346277324577448020588405282.jpg
    15824346277324577448020588405282.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Or you can save your money and spend it on something more essential like a charger if you don't already have one, it will pay in the long run.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Awesome! Thanks everyone. I searched and searched for an answer last night and never found one. She will be all put back together shortly and I will post her first test flights.

So I ran through a few test flights and all went well right up until it didn't. As you can see in the video, the drone flew great. Then on the second flight right as I landed it wobbled and flipped over. It broke a prop and now I have to check all the motors again to make sure they are not damaged. I also will be ordering two new sets of props. If anyone has a good source for OEM props for a good price, let me know.

Shame we didn't see it land on second flight Was anything on telemetry about the flight.

Shame we didn't see it land on second flight Was anything on telemetry about the flight.
I don't think it was a motor issue, how quickly did you release the left stick (power).
Are there underground electrical wires where you landed?
If your concerned about landing in the future, try hand catching.

I think the issue was not doing a full calibration before the flight. I got ahead of myself. I have seen videos of these doing weird things when coming in to land. I have had it happen once before and was able to just gain some altitude and then bring it right back in safe and sound.

The landing was just off camera so I didn't bother putting it in the video. All you could see was some leaves flying up.

I normally will hand catch if I am out in public, but in front of my house I always try to practice landing in the same spot just to keep myself in practice.

The reason for checking the motors was after it flipped it was giving me the 5 motor warning. Plus, when I removed all the props and started the motors, two of them sounded horrid. So I am going to just give everything a good cleaning and checkup before the next round of test flights. I will also be doing a full calibration.

I think the issue was not doing a full calibration before the flight. I got ahead of myself. I have seen videos of these doing weird things when coming in to land. I have had it happen once before and was able to just gain some altitude and then bring it right back in safe and sound.

The landing was just off camera so I didn't bother putting it in the video. All you could see was some leaves flying up.

I normally will hand catch if I am out in public, but in front of my house I always try to practice landing in the same spot just to keep myself in practice.

The reason for checking the motors was after it flipped it was giving me the 5 motor warning. Plus, when I removed all the props and started the motors, two of them sounded horrid. So I am going to just give everything a good cleaning and checkup before the next round of test flights. I will also be doing a full calibration.

5 motor mode upon a flip or any abnormal contact with spinning props is to be expected.

Hopefully any debris likely ingested into the “horrible” sounding motors is easily removed. Otherwise, could be just “unloaded motor” sounds. Been there, heard that.

Good luck!

Jeff

Reactions: 7cyclops
Might be worth checking telemetry, constant calibration can make things worse, going off in a direction different from the cause. Check other avenues before.

Reactions: h-elsner
Flight Logs are good for diagnostics in such cases. Have a look on compass warnings in Error flags. How good was GPS (gps_accH)?
Five rotor moter is normal in this case as said above.

br HE

I need to upload the logs here so someone can have a look. Does anyone have a cheat sheet to decode the logs? I would rather learn how to read them myself, than asking for help with it all the time.

I need to upload the logs here so someone can have a look. Does anyone have a cheat sheet to decode the logs? I would rather learn how to read them myself, than asking for help with it all the time.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Thank you for that software link. I just went through the last few logs and found that I need to replace two motors. That software is amazing!

I am in the process of replacing the motors and then will be doing test flights once it is no longer raining here in Georgia. SO far it has been raining almost constantly for two weeks.

I do have a quick question for anyone that may know how to do this. How do you take the lock ring off the bottom of the motors? I want to clean them, and cannot get the lock ring off in order to pull the motor apart.

A WJSX Snap Ring Pliers Set or something similar may help. Please be aware, it is not recommended to reuse the old snap rings. The whole power of the motor points on that.

br HE

That what I tried first was my entire set of snap ring pliers. None of them area small enough. Maybe I will go with blowing them out with compressed air first and then move on to more in depth cleaning if that doesn't work.

Thank you for that software link. I just went through the last few logs and found that I need to replace two motors. That software is amazing!

I am in the process of replacing the motors and then will be doing test flights once it is no longer raining here in Georgia. SO far it has been raining almost constantly for two weeks.

I do have a quick question for anyone that may know how to do this. How do you take the lock ring off the bottom of the motors? I want to clean them, and cannot get the lock ring off in order to pull the motor apart.
The two motors that need to be replace, are they the ones I sent you?

No all the motors you sent worked like a charm.

Update, I ended up ordering the wrong props. I ordered two sets of H Plus props that would end up being too large for my old H. So I should have the new props in tomorrow as well as my replacment camera. Fingers crossed for a working Typhoon H.

Reactions: Dinker63670

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me