Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H review

Yes. Because from the H's point of view, if the arrow was pointing to the left for example that means that you (and the TX) are on it's left. So if you were to apply left cyclic then the H would be heading back to you.
Imagine wearing a set of FPV goggles. And all you can see is what is on the screen. The arrow is pointing towards the TX, so all you need to do is swing the H in the direction of the arrow to head toward the TX.
Hope that makes sense:)
Edit: Sorry CaptainDrone answered just as I was typing too.

Reactions: raymond captuo
Thanks guys, I'm educated now! LOL I guess I kept thinking in my shallow mind that direction and of travel must have something to do with the direction the arrow is pointing, mixing up the orientation of the H and the direction of travel. I've been a bit paranoid about this. DC got me practicing with a Husban and I've got pretty good at chasing around the household pets until the drone is in a different orientation and then I get pretty good at crashing. I don't plan to be flying the H in the house but the one time I did much outdoor flying with the Hubsan a gust of wind took it up into my orange tree! :)

Thanks guys, I'm educated now! LOL I guess I kept thinking in my shallow mind that direction and of travel must have something to do with the direction the arrow is pointing, mixing up the orientation of the H and the direction of travel. I've been a bit paranoid about this. DC got me practicing with a Husban and I've got pretty good at chasing around the household pets until the drone is in a different orientation and then I get pretty good at crashing. I don't plan to be flying the H in the house but the one time I did much outdoor flying with the Hubsan a gust of wind took it up into my orange tree! :)

ROFL. I've seen videos of people trying to hover their huge copters (as in 900+) in a bedroom. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of the consequences of my wife getting wind of doing that.

I found something interesting...

Conclusions:
From this, it is clear that there are only a few drones that are really worth buying at the moment. If you want big range and obstacle avoidance, then the Phantom 4 is right for you. If obstacle avoidance isn’t so important then your pick might be the 3rd generation - Phantom 3 Professional. If you don’t need the range, then you should consider generation 2.5.

Flagships comparison between DJI, ZeroUAV and Yuneec - RC Groups

i am concerned about the props and land gear visible in this video....did he not put the landing gear up maybe?

He left the landing gear down, but the props do appear in many videos when someone flies it quickly. Hopefully a combination of moving the slider closer to the snail and/or dipping the camera a degree or two will minimise it.

He left the landing gear down, but the props do appear in many videos when someone flies it quickly. Hopefully a combination of moving the slider closer to the snail and/or dipping the camera a degree or two will minimise it.
ok i thought he left the landing gear down...but i kept saying to myself why in **** would he do that?? the props appearing here and there are not a big deal....i don't think you can get away from that on any platform if you are are moving quickly....thanks sdharris....

but i kept saying to myself why in **** would he do that??

I agree it was an odd thing to do. Then again he has posted another odd video, have you seen the 12th hole video he posted? I nearly fell asleep.

Consumer drone is now more similar to smartphones, the days of a new quadcopter “built in a garage by a hobbyist” are over. This is due to the massive complexity of modern quadcopters as well as the difficulty of modern high volume manufacturing and distribution. I like the idea of "generation" which represents the capability of design and maufacturing of a company.

Are you sure you really want to buy one?? with the sky high price 1799 USD?? are you insane? Typhoon H even does not have the realsense yet, and even with the intel realsense, it can not work properly if there is sunshine! no lightbridge technology, no sport mode, no stable system...and more, the makting material of the drone body is aweful! As a professional drone user, I will say, the Typhoon H can only worth 600 USD.
Troll. Sonar is not affected by sunlight but the optical P4 sensorry is

Understandable but there has to be some lag regardless of the technology used. Nothing is instant
Exactly Wall Strreet has spent umpteen millions of dollars trying to get instant responses via electronics,if it was possible online traders would be killing it.There is some kinda lag,now the military has some pretty quick stuff.

ok i thought he left the landing gear down...but i kept saying to myself why in **** would he do that?? the props appearing here and there are not a big deal....i don't think you can get away from that on any platform if you are are moving quickly....thanks sdharris....
IMHO an excellent video it shows just how good the Gimbal is. Look at the picture it is rock solid then look at the vibration of the legs. The legs are shaking like an electric drill but the picture is perfect. I have never seen any retractable video that showed the legs going up. Quite brilliant as a demo. With the camera angled down you would never get the props in and anyway it is so easy to cut them out in modern editing systems it is no problem. Thank you to the demonstrator. I wonder what all those small ponds are? Or is it flooding?

Hi DroneCreep1988, regarding your "comparison" article looks very bias to me. I would want to know how the tests were performed as it looks way out of wack.
I have seen other comparisons and are very different so your article I would throw in the bin.
DJI has a very loyal following so it's understandable such as these comparisons.
Cheers

I can only tell you what I know about sonar, having used it for 20 years in the military and been to numerous school to teach the practical applications. Sunlight has zero effect. It's a DJI fan boy plot to discredit the H and effect any sales

I can only tell you what I know about sonar, having used it for 20 years in the military and been to numerous school to teach the practical applications. Sunlight has zero effect. It's a DJI fan boy plot to discredit the H and effect any sales
Sure. Fanboys aside though, sonar is great for sensing obstacles but I've not seen it working for navigating around obstacles which requires vision and some processing power. Not a big deal for just regular piloting but seems really useful for when engaging follow me, waypoints, etc.

Typhoon H has optional IPS, so a comparison with it installed will be more better and it is expected they hover similarly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone