Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Spare battery

Reaction score
Hi Guys

so I am about to pull the pin and buy an H, I want to get some spare batteries as I am going to get just the standard package, so have any of you had anything to do with these? they are slightly cheaper and bigger? thanks for any help

Battery

actually the std battery is 6300 ..... i had a couple of gfi batteries for my q500 and thay where fine ... i have 6 batteries for my h .... id get the pro verion it it were me (thats what i have)

I thought they were 5400mAh? thanks for the feedback. Don't need the realsense though for what i will be doing. 6 batts, sounds like almost enough! haha

When I think I should or can go "cheaper" on something I think of the old saying; "Penny-wise and Pound Foolish". Am I saving money now that may cost me more later...

I have several extra batteries and ALL are OEM. IMO, the few bucks you save now may cost you later in a crash that may result from a bad battery. Not to mention if something bad happens, Yuneec may deny your claim cause you weren't using an OEM or "approved" battery.

Sure I've heard of people using bigger packs with adaptors, but the preferred battery in those cases are well known batteries.

Just my .02

I understand what QuadBart is saying but I can tell you I have had better luck with after market batteries then the Yuneec OEM batteries. The GiFi battery is the best battery I have ever used and just love it.

I agree with most and suggest stick with stock. It's just not worth the risk or small savings to use anything else in my opinion.

Do you guys really think Yuneec makes their own batteries?
No way in the world they make their own batteries. One of the aftermarket companies makes batteries for all kinds of drones and after awhile starts to produce their own with their name on them. If you want to spend 30-40 bucks more on OEM batteries go ahead but my experience with Yuneec batteries over the 2.5 years I been using Yuneec products has lead me to aftermarket batteries because they last much longer and you can get higher mAh batteries then stock.

Its like medication, new drug comes out you pay through the nose for it. 8-12 months later there is a generic drug that does the same thing for 1/3 the price.

Like I said if you have a big wallet go for the OEM batteries :)
I'll keep my saving in the bank where it belongs. LOL

Last edited:
Do you guys really think Yuneec makes their own batteries?
No way in the world they make their own batteries. One of the aftermarket companies makes batteries for all kinds of drones and after awhile starts to produce their own with their name on them. If you want to spend 30-40 bucks more on OEM batteries go ahead but my experience with Yuneec batteries over the 2.5 years I been using Yuneec products has lead me to aftermarket batteries because they last much longer and you can get higher mAh batteries then stock.

Its like medication, new drug comes out you pay through the nose for it. 8-12 months later there is a generic drug that does the same thing for 1/3 the price.

Like I said if you have a big wallet go for the OEM batteries :)
I'll keep my saving in the bank where it belongs. LOL
What batteries are you using on your H
Thanks for the help

Thanks guys! it's either this from yuneec or a Gifi, seeing as the consensus seems to be they are good, I will get some of them, Or as KBflyer says wait for the 7000mAh!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval