Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Inspire 1?

I would not compare the H with the inspire, there not in the same price catagory, 1300.00 vs 3000.00
One is not 1/2 the product of the other and I don't think the other is twice the machine, will see once the H gets into our hands, I hope DJI has something to worry about, or not...

I would compare the H920 to it, if I was in the market to spend that much...
The H290 would be comparable to the Matrice.

I own the H290, Inspire, Typhoon H, Phantom 4/3, and some other toyish ones. Fun to fly, the Inspire and the H are both fun. The biggest problem the H has is that the picture looks like absolute dog crap. I have better images from my security system. I hope they come out with a new camera, I would buy it. Right now, the many year old Inspire (of which I spent a lot of money on a while ago) shoots way better than the H. The H is a disappointment to me to be honest. When I need to shoot a broadcast quality video, Matrice, Tornado, or S1000 or a DIY from a studio camp. I would never use the H for anything that wasn't family or something.

I hate to say it simply because I really wanted the H to be the next big think to give DJI some competition but there is no competition yet. It's not even close. This is coming from someone that has a fleet.

Not having a good camera on an aerial UAS is sort of mistake. I love it though and am holding hope that they improve the camera. You can get the Inspire for the same price as the H Pro now. To me it's not even comparable. Forget the the stock camera is 10x better but you can also turn the Inspire into a pro machine by putting the X5R on it.

Don't want to be that guy and I hope everyone is loving their H but I am just sort of meh on it. I am getting tired of the sub $2000 UASs though TBH.

Last edited:
The H290 would be comparable to the Matrice.

I own the H290, Inspire, Typhoon H, Phantom 4/3, and some other toyish ones. Fun to fly, the Inspire and the H are both fun. The biggest problem the H has is that the picture looks like absolute dog crap. I have better images from my security system. I hope they come out with a new camera, I would buy it. Right now, the many year old Inspire (of which I spent a lot of money on a while ago) shoots way better than the H. The H is a disappointment to me to be honest. When I need to shoot a broadcast quality video, Matrice, Tornado, or S1000 or a DIY from a studio camp. I would never use the H for anything that wasn't family or something. \

I hate to say it simply because I really wanted the H to be the next big think to give DJI some competition but there is no competition yet. It's not even close. This is coming from someone that has a fleet.

Not having a good camera on an aerial UAS is sort of mistake. I love it though and am holding hope that they improve the camera. You can get the Inspire for the same price as the H Pro now. To me it's not even comparable. Forget the the stock camera is 10x better but you can also turn the Inspire into a pro machine by putting the X5R on it.

Don't want to be that guy and I hope everyone is loving their H but I am just sort of meh on it. I am getting tired of the sub $2000 UASs though TBH.
Interesting !
And what about a comparaison between you inspire and your phantom 4 ?
Because I own a H, but my next drone will be a DJI... and I really hesitate between the both of them. by reading forums and looking at youtube, I think :
- inspire
- PROS : video quality - professional look - stable in strong wind
- CONS : flight time
- P4
- PROS : video quality - flight time
- CONS : toy look !

Interesting !
And what about a comparaison between you inspire and your phantom 4 ?
Basically identical.

I have the X3 on the Inspire and it has 60kbps h.264 encoding (same as P4 but they don't call it the X3 on the P4 but I am pretty sure it is or similar, plus the 3/4 chip). I guess I enjoy flying one over the other depending on my mood. I like the portability of the P4. I also sometimes like to fly the P3 too. I would say that I like the Inspire better if I had a gun to my head because I can put the X5R on it when I want to, and I sort of do.

The H, if they would come out with a better camera and sell it, OR EVEN give it away for us people that paid for it, that might boost it past the 4, I dunno. I love my P4. I love all my birds.

Camera connection that fails goes to the typhoon H it's not on the list.
Portability: the typhoon H really ? With that giant backpack you look like quasimodo.
Flight time 25 minuts : huuuuh why i always get around 20 to 18 minuts.
Price value : plastic against a really other plastic machine.
360 degree camera: that's tru but a really bad 360 degree camera so give me then the not 360 degree camera from the inspire wicht is also not good.
Object avoidance: yep you got me there. When you fly with you eyes closed it's a good solution.
Tablet included; yes also tru and there i got nothing to say the st16 is a badass controller.
One question why always this comparison between this two drones.
I got myself een H en regret it from day one so not everbody is happy with it.

Camera connection that fails goes to the typhoon H it's not on the list.
Not sure what this means.

Portability: the typhoon H really ? With that giant backpack you look like quasimodo.

Flight time 25 minuts : huuuuh why i always get around 20 to 18 minuts.
Price value : plastic against a really other plastic machine.
360 degree camera: that's tru but a really bad 360 degree camera so give me then the not 360 degree camera from the inspire wicht is also not good.
Object avoidance: yep you got me there. When you fly with you eyes closed it's a good solution.
Tablet included; yes also tru and there i got nothing to say the st16 is a badass controller.
One question why always this comparison between this two drones.
I got myself een H en regret it from day one so not everbody is happy with it.

Not really sure who this is aimed at.

Let me say one thing though.

On both the Inspire and the H, the retracting landing gear and the spinning camera is A GIMMICK!

With the exception of the continuous spinning camera on the H, a spinning camera has zero use when you can rotate the bird.

The retractable gear is good I guess if you're flying and you want to record really fast.

I have plenty of DIY without retractable that never get in the way.

If you want to pan the camera, you rotate the bird. if you want to go forward, you go forward (you don't need an optical zoom unless its telephoto).

On the ground, there are dolly tracks for moving. In the sky, there is air. On the ground the camera sits on a giant rotating device to pan (just like the bird). It doesn't rotate on a 1-3 inch pivot.

Just more breakable parts. (H and Inspire)

Not really sure who this is aimed at.

Let me say one thing though.

On both the Inspire and the H, the retracting landing gear and the spinning camera is A GIMMICK!

With the exception of the continuous spinning camera on the H, a spinning camera has zero use when you can rotate the bird.

The retractable gear is good I guess if you're flying and you want to record really fast.

I have plenty of DIY without retractable that never get in the way.

If you want to pan the camera, you rotate the bird. if you want to go forward, you go forward (you don't need an optical zoom unless its telephoto).

On the ground, there are dolly tracks for moving. In the sky, there is air. On the ground the camera sits on a giant rotating device to pan (just like the bird). It doesn't rotate on a 1-3 inch pivot.

Just more breakable parts. (H and Inspire)

In this case to the starter of this thread. He gives us a comparsion between the two machines.
Butwhat you say about the panning camera is not true. You can fly straight ahead and get a great shot when you turn you camera to the object. Try that with a phantom. Fly straight ahead and then turn it.

In this case to the starter of this thread. He gives us a comparsion between the two machines.
Butwhat you say about the panning camera is not true. You can fly straight ahead and get a great shot when you turn you camera to the object. Try that with a phantom. Fly straight ahead and then turn it.
I suppose that's true. I don't recall ever needing to do that move. Is that it?

If I wanted to strafe I would point the camera to the direction, Flying straight and turning the camera seems like a very wonky camera move.

I am not dogging on it. I love it. I am just saying what I think.

No it's great move. I got a great shot from a ship that i fly over and turn the camera when it past me and then see it dissapear in the distance and flying in a straight line ahaead.
With the ph3 that i had whas this not possible but the ph3 is also a great machine but the panning camera is really great to use.
And don't forget when you are in cablecam mode you can control the camera in al directions that you like.

No it's great move. I got a great shot from a ship that i fly over and turn the camera when it past me and then see it dissapear in the distance and flying in a straight line ahaead.
With the ph3 that i had whas this not possible but the ph3 is also a great machine but the panning camera is really great to use.
And don't forget when you are in cablecam mode you can control the camera in al directions that you like.
You can do the cable cam the exact same way using way point. Not trying to start an argument but if the bird is flying to waypoints (cable cam), you can rotate the bird anyway you want.

Honestly you can get the same other shot you were mentioning that way too.

Mark a way point, rotate the bird on its flight.

And the best part is the video won't look bad.

As much or more than anyone, I wanted the H to crush the DJI products but it's not even a competition IMO.

Haha have you seen the comparison between the cablecam and waypoints on youtube you must do that.
And yes you can turn the camera around and up and down with the ph3 but with the H you can with the stick turn the camera in every position you like.
So it's much more useable then rotating the drone. Sorry you can not win that of the H the phantoms are not always the best ;)
And when you see a ship passing you do you think there is time to set first waypoints and then doe the shot. Succses with that the ship is alreay gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my