Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Inspire 1?

Hate to nit pick. Is the tick on the wrong side for "3rd Party Software"?

Hate to nit pick. Is the tick on the wrong side for "3rd Party Software"?
At the present time third party software such as Iris will work with DJI but not Yuneec products, if I understand it correctly. Hopefully third party software will work with Yunnec in the future.

I believe range is not always indicative of how good the reception will be in saturated areas. But yes, as previously said if for some reason you need better reception/range you can change the antennas.

Why didn't Yuneec offer more range with better antennas to begin with? Why should I need to change antennas?
It's a FAA buddy system, they don't want you to fly out of vlos and be responsible that you can! I am sure overseas and down under the rules are about the same.

They do not have Lightbridge technology for one, but I am sure they could come up with their own version, or just build the controller with range booster built in ! I think they may not want to invest in this since it is against FAA and others flight regulations, good question !:confused:

Last edited:
a8969843-70-TYPHOON_INSPIRE%20%281%29.jpg

No comparison really..

If you are comparing the Inspire with X3 camera on price alone, Inspire loses. The H appears that it will fill a niche with good value. However for commercial purposes H will lose on the important things such as the H top speed of 22mph (but 40 in follow me) when inspire does over 45mph with GPS mode (P mode). The capabilities of the Inspire in software are much more refined too, but what really sets things apart is the 2-3 mile range of the Inspire, using Lightbridge communications. The distance sets you free.

However, for professional photographers the new Inspire Pro offers a micro 4/3 camera which is in a league of its own. It's no comparison to the H Camera, regardless of price.

I look forward to reviews soon.

I own three Inspire 1's and I love them. I also own two Q500's and I love them. Both brands have their own "unique" qualities, features, and cool looks. The Q500 was the first affordable quad with the follow-me/watch-me feature. Then DJI open-sourced the Inspire and third party devs gave it the same features. While I like the smoothness of my slower Q500, I enjoy going full speed with the Inspire. I have topped out at 55mph. For a quad that size, it's pretty impressive. I look forward to getting my H that I pre-ordered in March so I can learn to love all of it's new features too. For me it's the competition between drone makers that bring out new innovations to our cool hobby.

They do not have Lightbridge technology for one, but I am sure they could come up with their own version, or just build the controller with range booster built in ! I think they may not want to invest in this since it is against FAA and others flight regulations, good question !:confused:
Out of interest, what tech do the fpv drone racer's use? They have near instant video transmission.

If you are comparing the Inspire with X3 camera on price alone, Inspire loses. The H appears that it will fill a niche with good value. However for commercial purposes H will lose on the important things such as the H top speed of 22mph (but 40 in follow me) when inspire does over 45mph with GPS mode (P mode). The capabilities of the Inspire in software are much more refined too, but what really sets things apart is the 2-3 mile range of the Inspire, using Lightbridge communications. The distance sets you free.

However, for professional photographers the new Inspire Pro offers a micro 4/3 camera which is in a league of its own. It's no comparison to the H Camera, regardless of price.

I look forward to reviews soon.

The distance is in a lot of countries no problem anymore because flying out of sight is forbidden

/\/\ax2206

sold my p3 pro and now my p3 standard is up for sale.. going 100% yuneec. tired of dji bs!

I'm not selling my DJI P3ADV because if i sel him i will lose around 30 to 40% of the value i neded to put up for buying it. and some of the functions the P4 can do i can do with the Litchi App

I also awaits a H very soon i hope ... preorder at my local store already for around 37 days

/\/\ax2206

If I was you I will prefer Phantom 3 4k rather than Typhoon H, because: 1. P3 4K has longer flying distance up to 1.2Km, while Typhoon H only 1Km. 2. P3 4K has visual & sonar positioning system, while Typhoon H only has Sonar avoidance system and this is really unstable comparing to P3 4K positioning system. 3. you can use your own iphone or ipad for live stream screen which will bring much better FPV experience, which Typhoon H only has keyboard-like remote controller that is very reflective during FPV, we can hardly see the video. 4. P3 4K has really well-design drone body with very good quality making materials, while Typhoon H has really cheap design. 5. the P3 series has been released more than 1 year already, the control system is very stable and reliable, while Typhoon H only has prototype so far on the market, not to mention the stability of control system. 6. P3 4K is much cost-effective with retail price 799 USD, while Typhoon H cost 1299 USD (without realsense). 7. Typhoon H has outdate technology with fake adverstiement on CES 2016...and now asking for 1299 USD...I don't see any reason for you to choose Typhoon H.

You got it all wrong.

1. Typhoon H range is better - 1.6km, not 1km
2. Wrong, Typhoon H is more stable and 3k does not have vision positioning, while Typhoon H have realsense - the most innovative tech in a drone today.
3. Wrong, Typhoon H can be connected to a phone/tablet. And it has built in tablet, unlike any DJI where you need to spend money for tablet and also make you controller ugly unusable garbage.
4. P3 is ugly and like cheap toy, while Typhoon H looks like pro cinema drone for like $20k
5. I previously owned P3 Advanced and the APP keeped crashing, very buggy and even after updates and one year after release still bad, piece of garbage at most, totally unstable. Wrong, Typhoon H is already released and we have seen production units review with most of shipping to users to come within a week now. Not a prototype, totally you are wrong as it is already production use.
6. Not cost effective since it DOES NOT have good camera, gimble with 360 continues, retractable gear with awesome controller, 6 props for redundancy, better software and technologies invested in it totally a new generation drone worth at least $3k and we are grateful for having it for less. Lots of more features absent in any other drone. Actually DJI pricing policy is quite bad - for piece of old technology you pay more premium (and quality is somewhat questionable), a lot more... they even release P4 costing more but not adding more value at all (only better props installation), really and honestly overpriced for such an old technology drone, but they will loose the market soon for this and will soon have 3 times less sales market.
7. See 6. and do your research better, you are either really stupid or just a troll not to recognize how good Typhoon H is compared to all competition. It is without doubt the king of drones now, even the media acknowledged it already and it is a common sense to realize it.

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like a small scale cinema drone used for professional filming like in Hollywood movies which cost 50k-100k USD. Absolutely insanely good looking and hitech piece of technology :) All professionals and also media absolutely love it and like what it offers. Quite understandably undisputed the king of drones.

Not speaking to rixcho, why don't you guys go back on DJI forums and spread your false, uneducated information and quit trolling on "OUR" forum, 90% of what you stated about the P4K is bull **** and mis information and 99.9% of what you stated about the H is wet bull ****! You apparently have no knowledge of drones and of the specs of either company. Sell your products elsewhere!:mad:

Reactions: rixcho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone