Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Inspire 1?

I see even the Phantom PIlots forum is posting false information about the Yuneec H. What is it about many DJI (no offense) pilots that compels them to 1) deny problems with DJI and 2) make up stuff about competitors. Are they insecure?

Reactions: HarveyC
"What really sets the Inspire apart is the 2 to 3 Mile range.... It sets you free" really? I would've thought as that distance is illegal, it would do anything BUT set you free, quite the opposite...

Reactions: GlenT
99.9% of all aerial photo/video is within 1km and 95% within 500m. Drones (particularly these) are not meant to go from one city to another and bring you pizza, but to capture nice photos and videos :) I don't need that kind if range for that, but I guess it is a good marketing trick that DJI uses.

For me I do need range due to the style of videos I shoot. However, I would give up range any day for a SOLID vid signal. Range, short or far is of no use if the vid signal continues to stutter, break up or go on and off. For those that do not own a Phantom or an Inspire with Light Bridge let me tell you that it's not all roses... Even with such technology one can still get a weak vid signal at even 100 meters depending on interference (buildings, valleys, electrical wires, trees, etc). So you still have to be aware of interference.

With the Typhoon H, I plan to use it in more semi-open areas with a little less interference and hope to get a nice vid signal hopefully up to 500 meters. Each of us will get different results on different days in different flying areas.

Reactions: rixcho
I see even the Phantom PIlots forum is posting false information about the Yuneec H. What is it about many DJI (no offense) pilots that compels them to 1) deny problems with DJI and 2) make up stuff about competitors. Are they insecure?
I think it goes both ways and the comments are made due to a lack of knowledge of the products. I'm in both camps (Yuneec & DJI) and am on both forums. If someone dismisses another product I can immediately tell that they have zero knowledge of the product if they begin stating something that has been trashed around over and over (something about a product that is negative and has occurred to less than 1% of owners). But I can honestly say that it does not happen often..... However, now that Yuneec has upped the game with the Typhoon H, I'm sure I'll see it more. :)

99.9% of all aerial photo/video is within 1km and 95% within 500m. Drones (particularly these) are not meant to go from one city to another and bring you pizza, but to capture nice photos and videos :) I don't need that kind if range for that, but I guess it is a good marketing trick that DJI uses.
Yeah, DJI sticks their nose into all the FAA meetings and attends all their regulatory meetings to give suggestions. Then they build birds that fly way past the vlos! Makes no sense to me! Agree with you 100%. If I am flying for surveillance of real estate or a structure or just photography, then no need to be out past a mile, or even near that!

Reactions: rixcho
Yeah, DJI sticks their nose into all the FAA meetings and attends all their regulatory meetings to give suggestions. Then they build birds that fly way past the vlos! Makes no sense to me! Agree with you 100%. If I am flying for surveillance of real estate or a structure or just photography, then no need to be out past a mile, or even near that!
I fly both platforms too, and I like both equally for their various differences and abilities. But entering a forum long distance flight competition is not one of them. With a 333 I choose to fly within regulations, if or until they change, even if I disagree!'

Yes and as a matter of fact if you need to go past one mile or you are in a more closed/interference area, you have the option to replace the antenna :)

Reactions: DroneClone
Due to popular demand on other forums.... I updated the graphic. Am I missing any feature that one has over the other?

View attachment 476
One thing that springs to mind is the open source nature of the H's software, more precisely, the apps that will follow in the coming months and years. Having the ST-16 as a Tx with the Android tab just opens up another cool dimension IMO. I know you've highlighted the included tab above, I was looking at the app side of things with Devs doing what they do best. Imagine the possibilities....

Not significant, but Simon's review reported speed of 28 MPH with cross wind, that's 12.5 m/s

One thing that springs to mind is the open source nature of the H's software, more precisely, the apps that will follow in the coming months and years. Having the ST-16 as a Tx with the Android tab just opens up another cool dimension IMO. I know you've highlighted the included tab above, I was looking at the app side of things with Devs doing what they do best. Imagine the possibilities....
Excellent point, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech