Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H will not start GPS stuck on acquiring

@Intelien,
It may help if you will upload your flight logs, especially from a "flight" where it was sitting outside for awhile. We may be able to find a clue in the data.

(See Attachment 51 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) in this document for a couple ways to retrieve the logs if needed: "Way To Fix Drones project" )

I know you said you could not go outside due to rain but you really need to have the H in the open so it will say acquiring if not out in the open

Wow after looking at the dates.. Been longer then a year and a half since I last flew it. Time really does fly!

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    16 MB · Views: 4
I know you said you could not go outside due to rain but you really need to have the H in the open so it will say acquiring if not out in the open
I will leave it out today and see what happens. I need to charge up a battery first.

I took a look at the FlightLog data. You were in storage for quite some time.

Looking at the last two lengthy connections. It appears if the aircraft can attain decent GPS, but you never get GPS Ready due to a lack of accuracy from the ST16. The IMU Status remains at a value of 97 which means the c-gps signal (Controller GPS good) never goes true. Without that signal you will not be able to launch.

You need to have both aircraft and controller in an open area long enough to get the GPS Ready. At that point you should be able to arm the motors.

I took a look at the FlightLog data. You were in storage for quite some time.

Looking at the last two lengthy connections. It appears if the aircraft can attain decent GPS, but you never get GPS Ready due to a lack of accuracy from the ST16. The IMU Status remains at a value of 97 which means the c-gps signal (Controller GPS good) never goes true. Without that signal you will not be able to launch.

You need to have both aircraft and controller in an open area long enough to get the GPS Ready. At that point you should be able to arm the motors.

Thanks for taking a look at the logs. I have one of the batteries fully charged and drone and ST16 are on outside.

Thanks for taking a look at the logs. I have one of the batteries fully charged and drone and ST16 are on outside.
@Intelien , Did you ever get GPS Ready? It has been about 1:15hrs since your last message.

Sidenote:
@h-elsner , you may want to take a look at the FlightLogs in this thread. The RemoteGPS logs have some really high values in the accuracy column. May help in figuring out the units. I’m thinking they represent centimeters.

@Intelien , Did you ever get GPS Ready? It has been about 1:15hrs since your last message.

Sidenote:
@h-elsner , you may want to take a look at the FlightLogs in this thread. The RemoteGPS logs have some really high values in the accuracy column. May help in figuring out the units. I’m thinking they represent centimeters.

Not yet. I just checked and still not working. It has been outside for a couple of hours and can pick up 20 Sats. I may have to go out and turn it off and try something else battery on ST16 was at 40%

One thing I did notice was the clock was an hour off. I dont think it could be causing it but who knows at this point.

One thing I did notice was the clock was an hour off. I dont think it could be causing it but who knows at this point.
The GPS time is used when connected to the aircraft, the satellites do not use daylight savings time. Time displayed was an hour slow, correct?

Please locate the Remote, RemoteGPS, and Telemetry .csv files for this latest soak session and copy them to a new folder, zip it and upload it to the thread. We are seeing long gaps in the telemetry at times. Plus we need to see if the ST16 ever gets an accurate enough fix to have the c-gps signal go true.

Last edited:
The GPS time is used when connected to the aircraft, the satellites do not use daylight savings time. Time displayed was an hour slow, correct?

Please locate the Remote, RemoteGPS, and Telemetry .csv files for this latest soak session and copy them to a new folder, zip it and upload it to the thread. We are seeing long gaps in the telemetry at times. Plus we need to see if the ST16 ever gets an accurate enough fix to have the c-gps signal go true.

Will do, I am heading to get it.

about an hour into it I noticed the clock on the ST16 was off an hour. I started looking at the clock and set it to the closes city. which for me is Portland.

But the drone and ST16 where on for at least 2 hours.

I also noticed the time stamps were missing some time after that. But I did not change the time.

about an hour into it I noticed the clock on the ST16 was off an hour. I started looking at the clock and set it to the closes city. which for me is Portland.

But the drone and ST16 where on for at least 2 hours.

I also noticed the time stamps were missing some time after that. But I did not change the time.
From my earlier post the GPS is used for time when connected to the aircraft and will be an hour slow when we are using daylight savings time.

From my earlier post the GPS is used for time when connected to the aircraft and will be an hour slow when we are using daylight savings time.

From what I could tell the time on the ST16 really doesn't matter for being able to use it. Seems to be unique to the H as people have said on the ST10 this was not an issue.

I can see from the telemetry that you never got GPS Ready.

At any time during that 2+ hour period use the option to turn off the GPS and attempt to arm the motors?

We would like you to create a new model with a unique name and bind the aircraft to it. Then go to a more open area and have it powered up for about 20 minutes. If you get GPS Ready, see if you can arm the motors. To disarm them just hold B1 until they shutdown (about 3 seconds).

Upload the new flightlog from that.

I can see from the telemetry that you never got GPS Ready.

At any time during that 2+ hour period use the option to turn off the GPS and attempt to arm the motors?

I have tried that a couple of times while troubleshooting. Motors still will not come on. However they will turn on when I hook it up to my GUI.

We would like you to create a new model with a unique name and bind the aircraft to it. Then go to a more open area and have it powered up for about 20 minutes. If you get GPS Ready, see if you can arm the motors. To disarm them just hold B1 until they shutdown (about 3 seconds).

I had to rebind everything when I updated the firmware. Drone still had the original firmware before I started. It now has the latest version and still has the same exact issue. When I try to start the motors I get a 3 descending tone and right stick beeps repeatedly at me. Both tones come from the drone. Drone light flashes three times with a one second delay.

Upload the new flightlog from that.

When you did the firmware update, did you clear the user data? Did you also perform an Accelerometer calibration and a Compass calibration after the update?

Would still like to see an attempt in an area more open than your home. My Michigan residence is horrible for getting GPS Ready and once gained will drop out with ease.

If you are in Angle mode you will get purple flashes 3/sec until you get GPS Ready then go solid purple.

If you are in Smart mode you will get green flashes 3/sec until you get GPS Ready then go solid green.

In both modes once the Aircraft and the ST16 have good GPS the solid color LED will get a white flash about every 2 seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem