Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H will not start GPS stuck on acquiring

Also when the drone is hooked up to the GUI it says it is ok

And the motors do turn on when testing in the GUI

And inside the house I am picking up about 14 SAT in the GUI

Last edited:
Might as well turn GPS back on while you do the soak. I assume you are headed for work, and then do some sleeping. About what time do you expect to be back on the Forum?

Also when the drone is hooked up to the GUI it says it is ok
Yeah, the GPS is OK. I just suspect it doesn't have the information it needs to make a calculation. It is a common problem with units that have been stored awhile. It may get GPS lock when it's been powered up awhile. But it will loose the stored information each time you shut down the drone, and will take forever to acquire GPS each startup until the GPS battery is recharged. Which REALLY takes forever.

Might as well turn GPS back on while you do the soak. I assume you are headed for work, and then do some sleeping. About what time do you expect to be back on the Forum?

Off to bed actually then shift work.. I can check the forums at work and I will do some more research.

I have kept the drone on for awhile maybe an hour or two while I troubleshooting.

Yeah, the GPS is OK. I just suspect it doesn't have the information it needs to make a calculation. It is a common problem with units that have been stored awhile. It may get GPS lock when it's been powered up awhile. But it will loose the stored information each time you shut down the drone, and will take forever to acquire GPS each startup until the GPS battery is recharged. Which REALLY takes forever.

I will stick a battery in it and leave it on for awhile. I am picking up 12 SAT at my desk will that be enough?

I did notice it said distance says NA. If I remember right you have to be at a certain range from drone to start it????

Range from drone does not prevent the motors from starting.

What is a must is, if in Smart Mode, the controller must be at least 26 feet from the H before attempting take off. If not, the drone will attempt to get away from the pilot to create the “safe circle”.

Many a new H owner has posted of the unfortunate demise of their new aircraft because of a failure to understand Smart Mode.

Jeff

Last edited:
I will stick a battery in it and leave it on for awhile. I am picking up 12 SAT at my desk will that be enough?
If the Rear LED goes solid after awhile, then it is probably enough. Note the GPS battery requires 72 hours to go from flat dead to fully charged. It may not have been flat dead, and it can begin to function at about half charge, so how long until it begins to function normally is anybody's guess.
The ideal is outside with a great view of the sky. But the real world is seldom ideal. If sitting on the desk is what you have, then it may be enough. It just may take a good bit longer to get a fix.

well still no luck. GPS still says Acquiring. I had left the drone on for about 2 hours last night.

My Firmware is v1.28 I think I will try and update both the drone and ST16 this weekend after I have a chance to see if there are any other options. I do recall issues people have had with trying to update.

well still no luck. GPS still says Acquiring. I had left the drone on for about 2 hours last night.

My Firmware is v1.28 I think I will try and update both the drone and ST16 this weekend after I have a chance to see if there are any other options. I do recall issues people have had with trying to update.
This can help you in upgrading if you choose to.

Last edited:
As patR says you will need to leave it sitting outside for the almanac information to be updated and GPS in a house/building is not 100% so fully charge the battery turn on st16 and the H without props on and leave in the garden see what happens

As patR says you will need to leave it sitting outside for the almanac information to be updated and GPS in a house/building is not 100% so fully charge the battery turn on st16 and the H without props on and leave in the garden see what happens

Is the Alamanc on the drone or the ST16? I have been thinking it was the drone. So I have been leaving that on.

They both use a similar chip and the almanac needs to be built on both for accuracy.

All GPS devices work pretty much the same. If they have been unused for awhile it takes them awhile to regain positional accuracy. That data is from the almanac. Most smart phones gain accuracy faster by using a cellular system to get triangulation of your position until GPS comes up to full accuracy.

It's stored in the GPS module in the drone. Are you seeing any progress at all?

No luck yet. I work shift work so this is the first time I had a chance to look at it again. I will turn it on and leave it under my porch. Raining atm so I can leave it out in it.

had the drone and controller on for about an hour. Says it is picking up 20 Sat but still stuck on acquiring.

Firmware all updated and still no luck. I may be at the point where I will have to send it in somewhere. Screenshot_2020-05-05-19-09-09.png

@Intelien,
There is another thread running today addressing a similar issue. That thread is moving faster, and has reached items we have not addressed in your thread. You may want to review this other thread, and see if it provides any items you may want to pursue before sending for repairs.
"H motors not starting"

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss