Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H WILL NOT UPDATE REVERTED BACK TO V1.28

Reaction score
Hello folks, hope all is well with you. I have spent some time viewing the site and others for a resolution to my problem. but to no resolve. I see it has been touched on but have yet to find a solution that works.
TH had been giving issues and decided to update the TX and RX. I have the tx on b30 and have a connection to the drone and camera via 5.8 and 2.4. I am trying to update the firmware to the newest version from yuneecs site.
This has not been successful when I attach the USB cable it, it auto-selects com3 and begins the update till about 1% and stops dead. the update icon button goes black from a grey out display. I will then select the update button and it begins the update and stops again at the same point. I have also tried the wireless version using the TX and it failed also. It would begin to update and then stopped at one point saying something about Http.
Formatted sd card inserted into the camera and connected USB, began autorun and stopped, using GUI.
Tried using the TX wifi setup and failed also.
Have downloaded the files from the us and uk sites and tried both. FAILED.
Each time I then need to revert back to the 1.28 fw which installs without issue and drone comes back to life.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if I have touched on a topic that has been dealt with, I apologies in advance and hope you can point me in the right direction.

kind Regards
Skydive

Hello folks, hope all is well with you. I have spent some time viewing the site and others for a resolution to my problem. but to no resolve. I see it has been touched on but have yet to find a solution that works.
TH had been giving issues and decided to update the TX and RX. I have the tx on b30 and have a connection to the drone and camera via 5.8 and 2.4. I am trying to update the firmware to the newest version from yuneecs site.
This has not been successful when I attach the USB cable it, it auto-selects com3 and begins the update till about 1% and stops dead. the update icon button goes black from a grey out display. I will then select the update button and it begins the update and stops again at the same point. I have also tried the wireless version using the TX and it failed also. It would begin to update and then stopped at one point saying something about Http.
Formatted sd card inserted into the camera and connected USB, began autorun and stopped, using GUI.
Tried using the TX wifi setup and failed also.
Have downloaded the files from the us and uk sites and tried both. FAILED.
Each time I then need to revert back to the 1.28 fw which installs without issue and drone comes back to life.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if I have touched on a topic that has been dealt with, I apologies in advance and hope you can point me in the right direction.

kind Regards
Skydive

Have you tried putting the update files on the memory card, putting the card in the camera, and attempting the update that way.

I have yet to read of anyone updating an H via a USB cable. Not saying it isn’t possible; just saying I do not recall an update via USB as an option.

There are plenty of threads detailing how and when to put each firmware file on the card and then in the camera. They do not go on all at once, if memory serves.

Good luck!

Jeff

Have you tried putting the update files on the memory card, putting the card in the camera, and attempting the update that way.

I have yet to read of anyone updating an H via a USB cable. Not saying it isn’t possible; just saying I do not recall an update via USB as an option.

There are plenty of threads detailing how and when to put each firmware file on the card and then in the camera. They do not go on all at once, if memory serves.

Good luck!

Jeff
Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply, I have tried different ways of updating the fw. I watched the yuneec video on youtube and they basically have it that the new file ve 3.04 has all the firmware for the drone the controller and the camera in one and loads each during its update.
I have tried the wifi way and the GUI way vis us to the drone and neither work they try there best to install but fail about 1%.
I then have to revert back to the 1.28 t bring it back to life.
Any thoughts or where I get some of the older files and maybe install in fw stages one by one till I get to the latest version. 3.04
maybe i have a faulty file but i did load from both the us and uk sites?

Many Thanks....

You should have downloaded two files from this link: Downloads - Yuneec
The file for the controller is ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec
The file should be copied to an sd card and installed in the ST16 to update the controller.

The file for the aircraft is: TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin
This file should be copied to an sd card and installed in the camera to update the H and the camera.

If you are installing the EU or UK firmware you should download the aircraft firmware ( TyphoonH_Ver3.04_E.bin ) from this site:

From your description it appears you are attempting to install the recovery firmware (TyphoonH-FC_V1.28_24_9_2016.yuneec) using the GUI. That is an old file and is no longer being used.

This is the method to update the firmware:

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply, I have been doing exactly what you describe and it failed so many times, the 1.28 file was to reconfigure the boot loader etc on the controller and this worked each and every time I had to do it. anyway, it has eventually taken the new file. the issue seemed to be the controller was not displaying the file version information on the tx screen, it was displaying NA in each section. the TX and RX were paired and I could control the camera and various other settings ie LEDs etc. I read that going to the camera setting on the TX and selecting it again and selecting ok would resolve this and it did. The TX would then display the file versions and allowed the update to proceed.

Many thanks for all the replies.....

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me