Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon Q500 4k Battery

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the new upgraded battery from Yuneec from 5400mah to the new 6300mah.
Apparently they have a batch which have been labeled incorrectly, they are 6300mah but have the old
5400mah label.
I have ordered some of these incorrectly labeled batteries as they will increase in price.
JV

Does anyone know about the new upgraded battery from Yuneec from 5400mah to the new 6300mah.
Apparently they have a batch which have been labeled incorrectly, they are 6300mah but have the old
5400mah label.
I have ordered some of these incorrectly labeled batteries as they will increase in price.
JV
hi
unless i am reading your post wrong and Yuneec has a new battery .
the way we all understand the battery mah mystery is it the original batteries have always been 6300 mah and for some reason Yuneec labeled them 5400 mah . a real big deference would be the same size battery at about 7500 mah that would fit into the Q 500 battery bay . that it would give us a longer flight time .
fly safe

Hi NRRTRAINS, the original battery has always been 5400mah and the new one is 6300mah but apparently they labelled a batch of the new 6300mah with the old 5400mah label
so there are some Typhoon batteries out there which are labeled 5400mah but in fact are 6300mah.
I hope this is clear I know it can be confusing.
When the new production batteries come out they will be labelled 6300mah as should be.
Cheers, JV

Hi NRRTRAINS, the original battery has always been 5400mah and the new one is 6300mah but apparently they labelled a batch of the new 6300mah with the old 5400mah label
so there are some Typhoon batteries out there which are labeled 5400mah but in fact are 6300mah.
I hope this is clear I know it can be confusing.
When the new production batteries come out they will be labelled 6300mah as should be.
Cheers, JV
hi
the original batteries have always been 6300 mah and for some reason Yuneec labeled them 5400 mah .
go on line , ask questions or call Yuneec and find out the truth , there are a lot of videos on you tube that cover this topic .
fly safe

That is correct NRRTRAINS. They are all > 6.3k, from day one.

You can safely charge them at over 1C as well in my experience if you have an after market charger. I burn through at least three charges on the average day though, about four times a week so I continue to charge at 1C for a 6300mAh battery most of the time. My field chargers are limited to 6 amps anyway, so I can't exceed 1C until I get home and I've usually only got one to charge while I hit the edit bay so I extend it's life by charging it more slowly too.

Fly safe!
KF

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
That is correct NRRTRAINS. They are all > 6.3k, from day one.

You can safely charge them at over 1C as well in my experience if you have an after market charger. I burn through at least three charges on the average day though, about four times a week so I continue to charge at 1C for a 6300mAh battery most of the time. My field chargers are limited to 6 amps anyway, so I can't exceed 1C until I get home and I've usually only got one to charge while I hit the edit bay so I extend it's life by charging it more slowly too.

Fly safe!
KF
That is NOT correct!
hi
view this video on you tube if you don't want to look at the full video advance it to about 20 min , then after you watch the video look at the date it was made this should convince you of the mah of the original batteries .

fly safe

Hi NRRTRAINS, STILL NOT CORRECT
I have seen that video a long time ago and he only states that you can POSSIBLY get more than the stated MAH which is correct but that is not accurate and I am
talking about the official mah cappacity, so if you use the theory on the video then one should get about 7000mah out of a 6000mah stated battery but that is whishy whashy.
I am stating that officially Yuneec will go to a labeled battery which will have 6300mah (not the current/old 5400mah) and if we get more out of them then we are all in front
but I doubt the extra that's why manufacturers stick to the official mah which is what I do (it is also risky to rely on extra).

TECHNICAL DATA SAMPLE
VENOM 6000mah 3s /11.1v / 66.6wh
YUNEEC 5400mah 3s / 11.1v / 59.9wh
MORPILOT 6300mah 3s / 11.1v / 70.0wh

The above is what one should use for accurate battery capacity and any plus will be a bonus.

Cheers, JV

Last edited:
hi
how many people do you think manufacture this type of batteries that all look alike ( except for the shell color ) and fits into the Q 500 battery tray , its only a label that makes it different with graphics from the manufacture .
personally i don't care if it's 5400 or 6300 mah in all my batteries , i charge the batteries to the what the mah is stated on the label but you believe what you want but most of us know what more knowledgeable people on this forum and others have tested and know to be true , please don't reply let's just leave it and move on . no offence to you or anyone.
fly safe

Checked mine about a month after I got it. Charged at 8 amps, discharged at 14. Batt 1 was over 6,500 and batt 2 was over 6,400. Need to retest as it seems Batt 2 is slowly going south on me.

Checked mine about a month after I got it. Charged at 8 amps, discharged at 14. Batt 1 was over 6,500 and batt 2 was over 6,400. Need to retest as it seems Batt 2 is slowly going south on me.
hi
why do you charge your batteries at 8 amps if they are 5400 or 6300 mah , the 1c should be 5.4 or 6.3 . are they warm after your done charging and how many charges do you have on the battery , the charge rate could be the reason your battery is going south .
thank you
fly safe

Hi Ed M, You should charge your battery according to the MANUFACTURERS LABEL on the battery and this is where you need to know the MAH stated by the maker and
you then select the setting on your charger such as 5400mah and your charger should then automatically select the correct amps (5.4amph).
It is also recommended you fully charge your batteries as there is a slow drainage of power which keeps the two chemicals active and will cause them the least damage.
It is also recommended (like a car) you run in new batteries which is a 10 minute flight then recharge and do this Ten (10) times this allows the battery to settle in, draining a
battery to it's limits does a lot of damage and it will not last. I have some Yuneec batteries which have been charged 25 times and they are fine (after running in from new)
I also recommend not setting to the full amps charging when new for the first Ten times it is best to set as follows: 5400mah normal charge setting 5.4amh set to 3.0amph
it will take a little longer but you will end up with a longer lasting and reliable battery also recommend ONLY balance charge (a good balance charger is important).
Cheers, JV

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
You guys wouldn't believe the C rate I use to charge some of my race packs or how long they last. I used 8 amps because that just happened to be what the charger was set at when I got the right charge lead. I normally charge my Yuneec batteries at 1 C but have been known to use 2C if in a hurry. Battery is just slightly above room temperature. Normally I do balance charge. And in case you didn't know, sometimes batteries just go bad early.
And no, I'm not going to log my use, or my test results. Gave up on that over 20 years ago.
Oh, and if your batteries only have 25 charges on them I would not even consider them broke in yet.

I made my original post just to show that testing shows batteries to have over 6,300 mAH.

You guys wouldn't believe the C rate I use to charge some of my race packs or how long they last. I used 8 amps because that just happened to be what the charger was set at when I got the right charge lead. I normally charge my Yuneec batteries at 1 C but have been known to use 2C if in a hurry. Battery is just slightly above room temperature. Normally I do balance charge. And in case you didn't know, sometimes batteries just go bad early.
And no, I'm not going to log my use, or my test results. Gave up on that over 20 years ago.
Oh, and if your batteries only have 25 charges on them I would not even consider them broke in yet.

I made my original post just to show that testing shows batteries to have over 6,300 mAH.

hi
i just wanted to know why you charged your battery at 8 amps that's all and you answered "I normally charge my Yuneec batteries at 1 C " that's it , done . we all understand that batteries will go bad way before they should . thank you for the post on the 6,300 mAH test .
thank you

hi
view this video on you tube if you don't want to look at the full video advance it to about 20 min , then after you watch the video look at the date it was made this should convince you of the mah of the original batteries .

fly safe

Sorry to leave anybody hanging without sources. It was epic flying weather.

A little note from Horizon:

Description: YUNQ500105 Yuneec USA 6300mAh 3S 11.1V 3C LiPo Battery: Q500
NOTICE: It has come to our attention that during manufacturing we mislabeled the flight battery (YUNQ500105) for the Yuneec Q500. All first-run batteries have a label that states 5400mAh when the battery is actually a 6300mAh capacity pack. There is no need to worry as there have been no changes made to the Q500 battery and it has always been 6300mAh.
5500x6300mah.png

Hi Headless Monkeyman, I thank you and to others who doubted it "I rest my case".
Thanks again for letting us know.
Cheers, JV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval