Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typical New Forum Guy (I broke my drone) thread

The input range of the voltage converter from the gimbal has a wide range for power supply. It's not critical when you use an external power supply. I would like to know what current will be flow with 12V input. What I have measured was depended from what camera sees. Seems the video processor load plays a role.

I have used my CGO3+ with 2S, 3S and 4S LiPos without problems (~8V, 12V, 16V). With 8V the current is higher.

br HE

Well, first measurements and observations:

16v, 0.33A
12v, 0.54A
8v, 0.58A

I started taking voltage readings, but the gimbal board is running so warm that it's uncomfortable to hold by the edges while trying to take measurements (I've not disconnected anything from the board). Is that typical?

Reactions: h-elsner
Is that typical?
Unfortunately, very typical for a damaged board. I call them "hot boxes". I have never recovered a single board with that problem.
This is the problem that brought me to the Forum. The "hot" is probably coming from two chips shown in this post. I do not know if the chips are the problem, or if they are just being driven by some other problem on the board.

Reactions: Vettedrmr
Unfortunately, very typical for a damaged board. I call them "hot boxes". I have never recovered a single board with that problem.
This is the problem that brought me to the Forum. The "hot" is probably coming from two chips shown in this post. I do not know if the chips are the problem, or if they are just being driven by some other problem on the board.
Well, I'll take it as good news. I've learned enough to know that it's most likely beyond salvaging, and y'all have already pointed me at Yuneec Skins.

Now comes the hard part, figuring out how much I want to invest time-wise into this hobby. Like I said, this Typhoon was given to me by a friend, who had no use for it (it was his Dad's who had passed away). It had obviously already been crashed at least once since the pig-tail was being used to connect the camera and fuselage. I've also got to figure out care and feeding of batteries, etc.

Thanks again for all your help, and have a good one,
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval