Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

uav toolbox

Reaction score
Im having a problem with uav toolbox mission planner, what i do is create a new simple mission, mark my start point, mark point A say 50ft, point B say 100ft, point C say 75ft, go to right lower corner and save the mission under a name, exit out, put the H in a hover, select CCC, tap list and select my mission, slide start, then the H heads out to point A, once at point A it highlights and the H stops and hovers and stays there, if I move the left stick in all directions nothing happens(right stick works fine for the camera), I have to cancel CCC and fly it back, if i go back and view the CCC route i created it only shows point A as saved, anybody want to beat me up on this, sorry but i searched and didnt find the answer

Im having a problem with uav toolbox mission planner, what i do is create a new simple mission, mark my start point, mark point A say 50ft, point B say 100ft, point C say 75ft, go to right lower corner and save the mission under a name, exit out, put the H in a hover, select CCC, tap list and select my mission, slide start, then the H heads out to point A, once at point A it highlights and the H stops and hovers and stays there, if I move the left stick in all directions nothing happens(right stick works fine for the camera), I have to cancel CCC and fly it back, if i go back and view the CCC route i created it only shows point A as saved, anybody want to beat me up on this, sorry but i searched and didnt find the answer
Use Eric here CCC editor for typhoon H - by Eric EMMANUEL first then Tuna with his UAV

Madatame,

Just curious... have you tried creating a simple CCC route by flying a simple route and saving as a CCC? If so, are you able to get that to work as expected?

As for starting a saved Curved Cable Cam route, the only stick movement respective of the aircraft travel is the throttle stick. Pushing Up should initiate travel to the next waypoint. Pulling back is supposed to reverse course. Side to side should do nothing.

Once one initiates travel, the H should follow the path with no further input required. However, in my routes, pushing the throttle up several times gets me to max speed. In Tuna's UAV Toolbox, this tends to be around 11 mph. I don't recall top speed in an ST16 recorded CCC route. Never looked let alone done much once Tuna made it so easy.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Madatame,

Just curious... have you tried creating a simple CCC route by flying a simple route and saving as a CCC? If so, are you able to get that to work as expected?

As for starting a saved Curved Cable Cam route, the only stick movement respective of the aircraft travel is the throttle stick. Pushing Up should initiate travel to the next waypoint. Pulling back is supposed to reverse course. Side to side should do nothing.

Once one initiates travel, the H should follow the path with no further input required. However, in my routes, pushing the throttle up several times gets me to max speed. In Tuna's UAV Toolbox, this tends to be around 11 mph. I don't recall top speed in an ST16 recorded CCC route. Never looked let alone done much once Tuna made it so easy.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
well i think its a simple route, i have tried this 6 different times with different routes, only take off, 3 points to fly, i assume its saved route because when i use the ccc the saved route is there, i select it and fly, i did move the left stick forward backward and side to side, nothing happens, only goes to point a and hovers alt 75ft out about 200 ft

never mind, pilot error, push the stick forward 1 time quick and its very slow, bump it a few times and picks up speed, sorry for my mistake

I do have another question, I did a search with no answer, when you open uav toolbox, create new mission the current location is grayed out, only the last known location is allowed to select, current location only seems to work if my home wifi is on, no wifi no current location, play store does not work, google maps keep saying waiting for location, so how does this current location work

I do have another question, I did a search with no answer, when you open uav toolbox, create new mission the current location is grayed out, only the last known location is allowed to select, current location only seems to work if my home wifi is on, no wifi no current location, play store does not work, google maps keep saying waiting for location, so how does this current location work

It should use your current GPS location, but this does not work with most ST-16s at present. I hope to have a fix soon, but it's dependent on some information from Yuneec.

Thanks tuna, that's kinda what I thought, with wifi it does seem to work better, by the way program is really cool

Paging Tuna-

Hello- I am resurrecting this thread a bit. Today I downloaded UAV Toolbox and played indoors with it for some time. I created a very simple orbit route as described by the other user, then drove to the site for which I planned it for. Upon takeoff, my H took off slowly in the opposite direction, and made no attempt to climb. I quickly aborted the flight plan, and flew the rest of the flight. My questions will most likely result in my purchase. My H flies routinely and with no issues.

Questions:

1. My thinking for my issue was I planned the flight indoors with little GPS lock on my ST16- is this correct?

2. Is there a better tutorial available for your software somewhere other than your web site? I really don't know if I have to climb manually to the first altitude or what to expect out of your software.

Thanks!

Paging Tuna-

Hello- I am resurrecting this thread a bit. Today I downloaded UAV Toolbox and played indoors with it for some time. I created a very simple orbit route as described by the other user, then drove to the site for which I planned it for. Upon takeoff, my H took off slowly in the opposite direction, and made no attempt to climb. I quickly aborted the flight plan, and flew the rest of the flight. My questions will most likely result in my purchase. My H flies routinely and with no issues.

Questions:

1. My thinking for my issue was I planned the flight indoors with little GPS lock on my ST16- is this correct?

2. Is there a better tutorial available for your software somewhere other than your web site? I really don't know if I have to climb manually to the first altitude or what to expect out of your software.

Thanks!

Brahma,

I’m sure Tuna will chime in, but in case you are impatient, I can give you my experiences.

1. Planning a mission while indoors, in the comfort of your recliner with a beverage of choice at your side, is one of the selling points of UAV Toolbox. GPS is not needed, but the ability to download an accurate map, with your intended flight location is is required.

As for flight execution, I find it best to take off and get my H close to the expected starting point and altitude, but not necessary. Getting away from any obstructions is the main objective.

If your H went somewhere unexpected, it would likely the first waypoint was NOT where you expected it to be.

Try creating a new, simple mission first. Two or three distinct points at most. If that flies, then move on to a more complex mission after your confidence in your technique is higher (your technique confirmed.)

Good luck! Will see what Tuna says as well.

Jeff

Thanks for replying. This was a simple 6 point circle. I set it to fly at 60 feet, and I took off starting in the center of the circle. Hovering at 15 feet, I told the ccc plan to start, and it went the opposite direction of the first waypoint, and made no attempt to climb to 60 feet. It was flying towards trees so I aborted. Pending results of that flight, I made a grid pattern flight but did not proceed. :)

My compass calibration seems to be fine, and the GPS sats were at least 14 per....

I take it you need to "start" the ccc at the intended altitude? In retrospect this sounds like the safer approach.

Thanks for replying. This was a simple 6 point circle. I set it to fly at 60 feet, and I took off starting in the center of the circle. Hovering at 15 feet, I told the ccc plan to start, and it went the opposite direction of the first waypoint, and made no attempt to climb to 60 feet. It was flying towards trees so I aborted. Pending results of that flight, I made a grid pattern flight but did not proceed. :)

My compass calibration seems to be fine, and the GPS sats were at least 14 per....

I take it you need to "start" the ccc at the intended altitude? In retrospect this sounds like the safer approach.

You don’t have to (start at starting altitude)... just my best practice to get near starting point, just in case what you experienced happens. Safety margin, in other words.

Last edited:
You don't need to plan onsite, nor do you need GPS lock whilst planning. The waypoints you set are with respect to the map you see - so take care that the map is correct for your area. It usually is, but sometimes things like hedges, trees and other landmarks may have changed over time, so your positioning may not be quite where you expect it to be.

The altitude you set for waypoints is relative to your takeoff point. The Typhoon resets it's altitude to zero when you start the motors, and then tracks it with a barometric pressure sensor. The sensor is relatively accurate, but can drift over time, which is why UAV Toolbox has a fairly conservative minimum height for waypoints. You can check for drift by seeing what altitude is reported on the ST-16 as you're flying. Remember that the altitude is relative to the takeoff point *only* so if you're flying over a slope, the Typhoon will not change its altitude to compensate.

Finally, GPS accuracy is usually within about 3 feet once you have acquired 12+ satellites - however it can occasionally be worse at the start of a flight as the system settles. You should find that routes are followed fairly closely.

As a check for all this, you should be able to review the route you designed in mission planner, and compare it to the telemetry of your aborted mission. If the two don't match, let me know and I can take a look at the files to see if there's an obvious cause.

You can also try a 'normal' CCC route to confirm you are able to repeat a previous manually flown mission using the standard Typhoon software - this should help you build confidence in the behaviour of CCC flights.

I hope this helps a little.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I hope this helps a little.

Thanks for getting back!

The flu has kept me benched and I'm not sure of the time-bomb you have for the trial. I plan on taking the H480 to a larger field to see what I did wrong, before I complain anymore. :)

A couple other questions;

1. I didn't see any easy way to delete old test CCC files- how is this done?

2. What is the standard planning method? Since it requires wifi to get the map cached, do I connect to wifi, open the app, zoom out on the map to get the map cached, zoom in and plan the flight, power down, then drive to the site and fly?

3. Do you have to be at altitude before you start the CCC file? At altitude and at the first waypoint?- I'm unclear on this.

4. I see another user talks about some time-lapse feature on his camera- am I missing something? Does the H480 pause at a waypoint, take a shot (when set to "camera", not "video"), then resume flight to the next waypoint?

5. How does one know when the flight has been completed? Does the H480 just stop and stay at the last waypoint?

Sorry for the basic questions... Again, the H480 took off in the opposite direction of the first waypoint, never climbed to altitude of the first waypoint, once I started. I aborted before it went into the trees.

I planned another mission for the H in a bigger field and will try again this weekend. I figured out how to delete mission files...

I checked out the CCCeditor. Says you can load it into Google Earth in 3d. However when i save it for doing so it will not open or even open the app??

What are you saving, and how are you trying to open it?

When i go to the CCC site and plan a route when you save it, it gives you 2 choices. One of them indicates you can open it up in google earth in 3d.

I was hoping to look at it in 3d to understand the waypoints and see if and when you do an altitude change, if it was a slope from A to B or an altitude change after reaching waypoints.

Along with angling to camera relitive to elevation and distance...

HOORAY!

MAN! UAV TOOLBOX IS AWESOME! Way to go Tuna!

My missions worked flawlessly! So flawlessly, I have no idea what happened the other day!

I started with a small, pre-planned, 15-point mission at 150', flew it once, the on site, made a much larger 18-point mission at 350', and flew it once! Very awesome! I paid and unlocked my copy as soon as I got home!

I see now that the camera pans and tilts perfectly. At first, I was under the impression that it automatically took a picture at each waypoint, but got the hang of it quickly by doing it as it passed over.

The big thing now is understanding how to initiate movement to begin with- Yuneec's explanation is very unclear- each mission I fumbled around with the joysticks until it just plain started moving- I have no idea which did the trick.

My procedure was the following-

1. Take off manually.
2. Climb to 50 feet.
3. Select my mission in CCC and tell it to "Start".
4. The H ascends to altitude while flying to the first point.
5. But when it gets there, it just stays.

I messed with both joysticks and got it to move, but don't know how. The manual states it's with the lest "Thrust" joystick-

Do you have to hold it one direction for a certain amount of time to initiate movement?

Once moving, I could "pause" and "resume" just fine...

Thank you Tuna!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder