Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unbelievable

see
I strongly suggest removing the camera until you have confidence it the Q to perform properly.
Oh that is already off and in the box where it can stay for awhile. Much thanks to you and everyone else for the help and advice. Except for that one guy this forum is great. Will report how it goes tomorrow.

I wanted to suggest a couple things. Remove the o ring on the motor that lost prop and then another from a different motor. Compare the two carefully to be sure there is no size or deformity. If you have the prop that came off, be sure they are all in the correct place. I know it’s a simple check but &$&& happens.
Hope your in the air soon, and do it first without the camera

Update, took it out after the repair work. Took off and just stayed at a hover at 10 feet or so. Was a bit unstable but there was a little wind and I have no previous experience on how it should handle it.

Did pulled the orings and they look identical. I might have to go get some calipers to make sure though

Did pulled the orings and they look identical. I might have to go get some calipers to make sure though
If they are round and not squashed, flattened or torn they should be good.
Was a bit unstable
How many sats were showing on the display? Also, did you recalibrate the compass and accelerometers? After a crash this needs to be done.

If they are round and not squashed, flattened or torn they should be good.

How many sats were showing on the display? Also, did you recalibrate the compass and accelerometers? After a crash this needs to be done.

12 satellites. I calibrated the accelerometer when it was hooked to gui. I didn't do the GPS, will do that tonight. Not looking good for flying it tomorrow though. 25+ mph winds all day

Reactions: Steve Carr
My experience with my Q for the most part is very stable even in light winds. It handles 25 mph winds but watch your battery life when flying when it’s windy. Take offs and landings especially can be tricky. If you take off with light throttle especially in turtle mode, I usually give it full throttle and get at least 25 feet in altitude. Any less makes it seem a little unstable. Maybe that is what you experienced

If you take off with light throttle especially in turtle mode, I usually give it full throttle
Exactly right. I have always launched the Q in Rabbit and full throttle up to about 15', then hover to test the sticks. I still do the same with the H.

Reactions: biltno
This happened to a friend of mine years ago when we first go our Q500's. I used the wrench to tighten my props. I asked him if he did and he said nah I used my hands, they're tight. He was lucky. He flew around with no problem until the low battery warning. He came in and landed. The second he touched the ground and released the throttle one of his props flew off. I used to have it on video. I was videoing his landing with my Q500. So yes if they are not on tight they can fly off do to the quick changing rotational force of the props.

I had the same thing happen on landing. However, I was distracted when installing the props by missed tightening one prop.
The tool is for removing the props, not installing them. Using both hand when tightening the props is perfect. Using the tool can result in damage to the props or motor threads.

Reactions: biltno
Finally got a non windy day took it out and first calibrated it then took it up for a test flight. It was stable, responded to everything the controller input to it. All in all good flight. Still need to change out the body and the battery door doesn't like to stay shut so I've got to do something about that as well but happy to fly! I'm leaning towards I didn't get the prop seated properly, I was so worried about the warning of over tightening that even double checking I didn't get it quite tight enough. Lesson learned. Thanks to everyone for helping me through this! I'm sure I'll need some help when it comes time to do body swap too?

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm not going to start a new thread but I have a battery question. I'm pretty sure it's junk but I have the battery that came with the q, I get about 14 minutes until first low voltage warning(a bit windy day, rabbit mode with camera going), also picked up a second stock battery on ebay(sold as new). The second battery is identical to first and no wear marks from loading but I charged to 12.55v and took off . In less than 2 minutes I get low voltage warning and immediately land. Controller said 10 7v, turned offmotors controller said 11.9v. put on charger(passport ultra p2) and battery read 12.2? Im confused but thinking it's a bad battery and should dispose of for safety right? And where is the best place to get the gift 7500? Thanks in advance!

What are the IR (internal resistance) readings of the batteries?

Do you balance charge the batteries at a 1C rate?

What are the cell voltages for each battery?

I'm not going to start a new thread but I have a battery question. I'm pretty sure it's junk but I have the battery that came with the q, I get about 14 minutes until first low voltage warning(a bit windy day, rabbit mode with camera going), also picked up a second stock battery on ebay(sold as new). The second battery is identical to first and no wear marks from loading but I charged to 12.55v and took off . In less than 2 minutes I get low voltage warning and immediately land. Controller said 10 7v, turned offmotors controller said 11.9v. put on charger(passport ultra p2) and battery read 12.2? Im confused but thinking it's a bad battery and should dispose of for safety right? And where is the best place to get the gift 7500? Thanks in advance!

I am going to give a contrarian opinion here... if it is not showing signs of swelling, do not dispose of it. Mark it for non-flight ops only... FW updates, calibrations, sitting to download the GPS almanac. That way your other batteries will not have flight time eaten away by these other secondary functions.

Dr
What are the IR (internal resistance) readings of the batteries?

Do you balance charge the batteries at a 1C rate?

What are the cell voltages for each battery?
The internal resistance on one is 4/4/4
On the other questionable ione its 4/5/7
I balance charged them at 3 amps
The voltages of the bad one charged in storage mode is 3.97/3.96/3.99
Good one is 3.82x3

Last edited:
You spin the prop on until it grabs the o-ring, and then 1 1/2 turns, I use that procedure religiously, don't see any damage to anything, never lost a prop or even noticed one looser than the others upon removal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li