Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unbelievable

Dr

The internal resistance on one is 4/4/4
On the other questionable ione its 4/5/7
I balance charged them at 3 amps
The voltages of the bad one charged in storage mode is 3.97/3.96/3.99
Good one is 3.82x3

I second Eagle Eye’s opinion! You can even do short flights with it (to bring it back down below Storage level around 10.8 V). The cells are showing some mismatched IR, but you are still in single digit milliohms so it is well worth keeping. Keep a log on your batteries and watch the IR readings each time you charge/discharge them.

Storage charge should put the cells at 3.75 to 3.85 Volts per cell all within 0.02V. So from 11.25 to 11.55 Volts on the whole pack. Storage level that close to 4V per cell is too high.

An easy guide for charging at 1C is to convert your mAh rating on the battery to Ah and charge at the resulting level. If your battery is 5100mAh that is 5.1Ah so 1C is at 5.1 amps.

Last edited:
Everything you described in your post about the battery is typical of what we see regularly from a bad battery.
I wouldn't put that battery back in use for anything more than ground testing at best.
Looks good until you put the battery under a load and then it discharges fast.It's done.
DON'T Trust it.
JMO.....

Thanks guys! That was kind of my thought process but being new to all this I figured I better ask more experienced people. I'm going to look for a couple gift 7500mah and swap them out.

Thanks guys! That was kind of my thought process but being new to all this I figured I better ask more experienced people. I'm going to look for a couple gift 7500mah and swap them out.

The one that has all 3 cells at 4 milliohms is fine and should not be a problem at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li