Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uncontrollable

my question is different. When I flew a non self controlled Syma X8W drone, I had to keep it in place using the sticks on the RC, if it was drifting sideways it was my fault and I could correct it anytime or worst case pull the throttle down and let it crash on the ground.

With the Breeze my understanding is that it is different, as long as I do not click/slide/act on the controls and I am in PILOT mode, it should simply hover still in place in the air. If after I rotated and then pulled my thumbs off the phone it started drifting sideways, it sounds as if the hover mode went rogue and it lost control. This is really scary.

So my question is: is this sudden sideways drift a normal behavior (I bet NOT) that I shall accept and live with or is my Breeze a defective one (maybe bad sensor somewhere) and I should have it replaced?

thank you

I happened to run across this while researching info for another thread. There is a switch when flying in the automated modes that will allow you to fly the Breeze by tilting the phone/pad. I’m thinking it may be getting accidentally switched on and causing the odd flyaways.

The next time I can fly in a very open area I’ll try using that control mode and see what results I get.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I happened to run across this while researching info for another thread. There is a switch when flying in the automated modes that will allow you to fly the Breeze by tilting the phone/pad. I’m thinking it may be getting accidentally switched on and causing the odd flyaways.
The next time I can fly in a very open area I’ll try using that control mode and see what results I get.
Great thought. I had not considered that as a cause.

0C0DFF8D-0CE0-4368-A168-FE1AC2C91299.png
To DoomMeister. Where is the 'switch' located you refer to?

I have to correct my earlier post in this thread. I thought it was in the auto flight modes (selfie, orbit, and follow) that the tilt control could be enabled, but it is in pilot mode that gyro mode can be enabled.

The gyro control switch is on the right side just right of the right joystick control. I’ll try using it when I am in an open area not in my courtyard surrounded by concrete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
This is an update to my earlier posts in this thread. I finally got to an open area to test using the gyro control method while in pilot mode.

I found that you have to hold the gyro control button to use gyro control. You can’t just tap it and have gyro control enabled. Gyro mode only works for the pitch and roll functions (I only tested in mode 2 configuration). If you release the gyro control button the Breeze will hover in place.

After using the gyro mode, I would say it is possible it could have contributed to ‘uncontrollable’ behavior, but not likely so. I find the soft sticks or G3 controller to be better for controlling flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio