Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uncontrollable

Reaction score
I was flying my breeze and all of a sudden it just started flying sideways and into a tree. The only damage was I had to reconnect two of the landing legs and the top part of the body has a crack. The next time I flew it the breeze hovered at 3 feet on takeoff then all of a sudden took off sideways for about 30 feet and crashed. This time the bottom cover popped off. Now that I can see the circuit boards inside, I noticed that the compass is plugged into a wiring harness but is not connected to anything else. So it is just sort of floating in there. Again, it is connected to the wiring but is it supposed to be mounted somehow or is it typically just loose in there?
BTW, I did not recalibrate it between wrecks.

Attachments

• IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 49
The compass certainly should not be loose inside the machine. There must be someplace where it mounts, I just don't know where. It would have to be close to wire connection. If you can find the right spot then you can do the calibration.

Hi
Have you found out the problem?
I had some similar problem. My breeze took off and rapidly hovered sideways and crashed to a wall and I don't know why. Luckily it didn't crash to anyone or anything that can break. Have you try contacting yuneec?

Hi
Have you found out the problem?
I had some similar problem. My breeze took off and rapidly hovered sideways and crashed to a wall and I don't know why. Luckily it didn't crash to anyone or anything that can break. Have you try contacting yuneec?
Contacted them and they said to send the flight logs which I have done. Haven't heard another word for over a week.

I know this is a little old, but I just got mine and had the same thing. I wrote to Yuneec support and haven't heard anything yet. The application showed that I had 19 satellites locked on but the drone took off on its own anyway. Right into a tree.

I know this is a little old, but I just got mine and had the same thing. I wrote to Yuneec support and haven't heard anything yet. The application showed that I had 19 satellites locked on but the drone took off on its own anyway. Right into a tree.

It's really frustrating! And no one can explain why! Im never trusting yuneec again. All that money to the bin

It's really frustrating! And no one can explain why! Im never trusting yuneec again. All that money to the bin
What's bad is; I bought this drone to sort of learn the ropes a little bit with the safety of the automated features. I was doing okay in manual mode and it didn't freak out until I attempted to use one of the tasks. I watched so many videos to show me the correct way to fly this thing and complete tasks and still had it take off on me.

I also had a dead battery out of the box which is also frustrating. I finally got an email back from yuneec support asking me for all the same information that I put in the complaint. In the exact same order. Hopefully they will fix it soon as I am ready to fly.

Attachments

• drone damage.jpg
    drone damage.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 27
any update?
I got my brand new Yuneec Breeze yesterday, did the compass calibration just in my house garden then had a 5-6min flight and it was great. I had another flight today, I was not sure about when to go for a calibration so I did it again. Started flying and recording a video, loved it, then while it was hovering in the air at about 2m height I rotated it to face back to me and before I could do anything else it started drifting sideway to its left until it crashed on the wall of our house. Two landing supports popped out, my heart froze as I feared it was the engines but luckily only the feet and I could click them in place.

I have the video recording that proves that I had my thumbs off my phone when it started drifting out of control.

I have tried sending the logs from the app but it says "upload to server failed".

Shall I return my breeze and get a refund???

Shall I return my breeze and get a refund???
Hate to say this, but yes, I would suggest returning it or exchanging it. Yuneec support seems to be a hit and miss operation right now. I hope they get things straightened out soon.

Hate to say this, but yes, I would suggest returning it or exchanging it. Yuneec support seems to be a hit and miss operation right now. I hope they get things straightened out soon.
Do you think it is a reliability issue with individual units or a generalized problem with ALL Breeze drones? Should I buy a new one after the refund or just completely drop the Breeze family itself?

Do you think it is a reliability issue with individual units or a generalized problem with ALL Breeze drones? Should I buy a new one after the refund or just completely drop the Breeze family itself?
Wow, that's a tough question for me. Even though it's classified as kind of a beginner model, it still takes some technical know how to get it working well. I think part of the difficulty with flying it may be the lack of a complete users manual. It appears there should be more information that answers many of the questions I've seen posted in this forum.
So it's really a matter of what you're looking for an how much time you wish to invest in making it do what you want it to do.

Wow, that's a tough question for me. Even though it's classified as kind of a beginner model, it still takes some technical know how to get it working well. I think part of the difficulty with flying it may be the lack of a complete users manual. It appears there should be more information that answers many of the questions I've seen posted in this forum.
So it's really a matter of what you're looking for an how much time you wish to invest in making it do what you want it to do.

my question is different. When I flew a non self controlled Syma X8W drone, I had to keep it in place using the sticks on the RC, if it was drifting sideways it was my fault and I could correct it anytime or worst case pull the throttle down and let it crash on the ground.

With the Breeze my understanding is that it is different, as long as I do not click/slide/act on the controls and I am in PILOT mode, it should simply hover still in place in the air. If after I rotated and then pulled my thumbs off the phone it started drifting sideways, it sounds as if the hover mode went rogue and it lost control. This is really scary.

So my question is: is this sudden sideways drift a normal behavior (I bet NOT) that I shall accept and live with or is my Breeze a defective one (maybe bad sensor somewhere) and I should have it replaced?

thank you

That uncontrollably drifting away from hovering is a far too often reported mishap to solely reduce it to user fault. Here in Europe Yuneec is really good in exchanging/repairing such a breeze provided you send them the flight log. Unfortunately only yuneec knows exactly what happens in such a fly away. They are not ready to disclose such information. Because there must be some combination of user input, GPS strength, firmaware and some other factors that causes disaster.
On the other hand I've been flying my breeze for nearly a year before my breeze went away sideways. So I would recommend to have the breeze exchanged/repaired. Still the breeze is the best value for money. A quick glance in other forums (like DJI to name just one) will show that other drones are also prone to fly away, fall out of the sky....

Reactions: agallo
That uncontrollably drifting away from hovering is a far too often reported mishap to solely reduce it to user fault. Here in Europe Yuneec is really good in exchanging/repairing such a breeze provided you send them the flight log. Unfortunately only yuneec knows exactly what happens in such a fly away. They are not ready to disclose such information. Because there must be some combination of user input, GPS strength, firmaware and some other factors that causes disaster.
On the other hand I've been flying my breeze for nearly a year before my breeze went away sideways. So I would recommend to have the breeze exchanged/repaired. Still the breeze is the best value for money. A quick glance in other forums (like DJI to name just one) will show that other drones are also prone to fly away, fall out of the sky....

Thank you, very useful info!

Do you think that flying close to my house may have had an impact?

How can I disable the GPS and fly with IPS outdoor? most of the time I would be happy to use the height and position stabilization only but not selfie/orbit/follow modes. So just like in indoor.

Any report of this drift away in indoor mode?

The first post by dspring showed a small circuit board loose inside the Breeze. He thought it's the compass.
The 3rd, 4th, 5th posts by Stanley showed where that circuit board should be mounted.
If it's the compass and the compass is loose, the Breeze would go crazy flying.
wun go w prowadnice pod wlacznikiem breeza
put it in the guides under the breez switch
prowadnica pod wlacznikiem glownym
guide under the main switch

I opened a working Breeze to look. I saw that small circuit board secured under the power board just like in the pictures posted by stanley. but it could fall out for some reason to cause the drift.

Last edited:
The first post by dspring showed a small circuit board loose inside the Breeze. He thought it's the compass.
The 3rd, 4th, 5th posts by Stanley showed where that circuit board should be mounted.
If it's the compass and the compass is loose, the Breeze would go crazy flying.
wun go w prowadnice pod wlacznikiem breeza
put it in the guides under the breez switch
prowadnica pod wlacznikiem glownym
guide under the main switch

I opened a working Breeze to look. I saw that small circuit board secured under the power board just like in the pictures posted by stanley. but it could fall out for some reason.

thanks, I'll open it and double check. Good point!

I have read about doing the calibration in plain open field while I did mine near my house walls out in the garden. Will try again at the local park.

thank you, very useful comments!

Right. The compass calibration should always be done in an open area away from buildings, metal or electric wires.
Drift can also be caused by not having enough satellites in view. Confined areas are a bad choice to fly any copter. Normally the Breeze should hover in place when every thing is working properly and you are flying in a good location. If you fly indoors the floor has to be a material that the down sensors can see and you need to stay low enough for it to work. Maybe 10' max.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval