Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Understanding the antennas

I have been playing with different antenna orientation over the last few flights and I have found for me at least that if I have them pointing at 90 degrees up I get the most stable connection with no losses at all,tried a few flights and stable as a rock then changed orientation and video loss occured as before.
Yup, that is the orientation I used. I got more than 6200 feet (1.18 miles) out of the stock antennas of the ST16 of the Typhoon H Pro.

I was actually shocked how well the antennas work, given the limited range of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz WiFi.

Reactions: yuneec53
Yup, that is the orientation I used. I got more than 6200 feet (1.18 miles) out of the stock antennas of the ST16 of the Typhoon H Pro.

I was actually shocked how well the antennas work, given the limited range of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz WiFi.

I definitely think the orientation of them makes a huge difference in there performance,90 degrees up is defiantly the best option. That's a nice video good work!

I shall go try at 90 tonight as I was holding it flat, at about 800 ft my video sucked but I cant believe I just saw a ideo of a stock h going 6100 ft out that's wild. I would be happy with half of that.
Is there any difference on the pro as far as the antennas go?

I definitely think the orientation of them makes a huge difference in there performance,90 degrees up is defiantly the best option. That's a nice video good work!
It wasn't about gathering good-looking video, it was a range experiment -- I just let the Typhoon document the journey and turned around when I got to the ocean. I don't intend to fly beyond LOS in the future but I do want to understand the limitations of the system.

Also, I didn't max out the altitude on that flight. I probably climbed to about 300 feet, but the terrain slopes down so at the beach the Typhoon was probably closer to 400 feet AGL.

Last edited:
Well new to Bloging just spent 23 years in the Navy .... Could not find anything about factory twist on the CG03 Ant. Wanted to test out some After Market ones for the 16 but I'm guessing poalerazation matters.... Using my H for Recon on solar panels on Nodes above the canopy... Now if I could just get it to Wash the Poop off them......

That's funny, someone telling me its not a good fit. I forgot that ray ray was born with all the knowledge he has now and never had to learn. Everyone has to start somewhere so I see your comment assures me that I'm in the right place.

Anyways I have watched the video and read the post quite a bit. My stock antenna looses video and telemetry about 1000ft with a clear shot so that's what I was looking to improve.

Does the telemetry go through the 2.4 or the 5.8ghz?
I didn't see that info in the post.

Thanks John

Hey ray ray check out the below thread and let me know if I'm still in the wrong hobby

Cool Videos...

Hello everyone,

the ST16 with 3 antennas has a good patch antenna similar to Spironet Mini Patch.
So you get a good and stable connection, it is not really necessary because to get another.

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

german translate:
Hallo alle zusammen,

die ST16 mit 3 Antennen hat bereits eine gute Patchantenne ähnlich der Spironet Minipatch.
Damit bekommt man eine gute und stabile Verbindung, es ist eigentlich nicht notwendig, sich da eine andere zu holen.

Gruß
Fan Tho Mass

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval