Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Understanding turns - for the newbie

That's what I was saying when technology fails, you are in the deep do do.
If you totally reliant on technology you are asking for trouble.

Get cheap helicopter and learn to hover on one spot.

Yes, I understood what you were saying. Even a $30 or less copter to practice.

Since there is no way to switch out of GPS mode, once the H becomes a victim of GPS glitching, the pilot must helplessly watch his $1300 investment either recover or crash/fly away. The only other option is to cut the motors.

Since there is no way to switch out of GPS mode, once the H becomes a victim of GPS glitching, the pilot must helplessly watch his $1300 investment either recover or crash/fly away. The only other option is to cut the motors.

Then you are right , there's nothing which can be done .

I personally don't like the idea of tap to fly where the end user is totally reliant on the technology and doesn't know or have a clue what to do in a emergency it's all automatic.

That's what I was saying when technology fails, you are in the deep do do.
If you totally reliant on technology you are asking for trouble.

Get cheap helicopter and learn to hover on one spot.
With you there Peter, had a few of those over the years.....
Indoor only though, but no real test for the big outdoors!

I started out with a Syma X5-C I received for X-Mas. It took me a while to get it to do what I wanted and plenty of crashes. Lucky it could take a beating and cheap to repair.
I watched plenty of YouTube and learned to do banked turns. My first flight with the H seemed much easier with the GPS helping. I saved.. lots of money learning on the little quad.

Yes, I understood what you were saying. Even a $30 or less copter to practice.

I think with the latest update, we can now turn off GPS in-flight.

Thanks EVERYONE for the help and advice. You guys are GREAT!!! I had indeed been flying in smart mode, switching to angle mode made the world of difference on turns :)
Todays flight I got 380ft high and about .7 of a mile away...man the H is tiny from that distance, and it would be so easy to lose in the Sun if I had flown it that direction. Everyday is another great day of flying and learning. Thanks again, have fun and stay safe :)

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Thanks EVERYONE for the help and advice. You guys are GREAT!!! I had indeed been flying in smart mode, switching to angle mode made the world of difference on turns :)
Todays flight I got 380ft high and about .7 of a mile away...man the H is tiny from that distance, and it would be so easy to lose in the Sun if I had flown it that direction. Everyday is another great day of flying and learning. Thanks again, have fun and stay safe :)
Hi Seachange01, don't forget to use your "green arrow" for return guidance...

Reactions: Seachange01
Hi Seachange01, don't forget to use your "green arrow" for return guidance...
Ha!
The dreaded 'Green Arrow'
Drone Clone's arch nemesis.
I was able to play around with it the other day and found it works if you dont think about it too much. I yawed the craft until the arrow pointed in one of the major directions (up, down, right or left) and then pushed the right stick in that direction and home it came. Of course I was in an open field so I wasnt too concerned with height but it does work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet