Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update Euro to Usa version

Hi friends,
I update to euro version to standart, in the update I don't have problem with this.
This afternoon fly and tomorrow tell you if the range wifi is better or not.

Sorry for my english

Reactions: Maik
Made a quick movie of my upgrade from E to A. It looks like it went successfully. Made a quick flight this afternoon and the wifi range seems to be improved compared to E version. Also no more loss of video in close range.

Hi friends,

Yesterday fly with new version (standart),
and the range is similar, it is posible than the conecction is more strong and not loss and cut early than the europe version,

This weekend do mor flights and says you my experience

Sorry for my english :(

Reactions: Christian
Hi friends,

I tried to update the A to E and back, and tried to do to roll back to the old version - everything is successful. My Typhoon accepts any version of flies as well. Only I did not check the distance on E version

I tried to update the A to E and back, and tried to do to roll back to the old version - everything is successful. My Typhoon accepts any version of flies as well. Only I did not check the distance on E version
How did you do that? When I try to update with A, then there is only a message "Firmware update successful" and I have the old E version installed.

If you tell the truth - I do not know how I did it. I bought Typhoon Ali, he came to me from the factory in Hong Kong (if you look at the return address). Perhaps I have the standard version, which allows you to put any firmware. It is also possible for the European version comes with other software, for which there is no possibility to put the firmware A.

Put E firmware, I flew immediately noticed a serious limitation on the height and distance. I'll pass on the firmware A and again check for changes in the flights.

I updated my european thyphoon h to the last european firm and all correct but now i want to update to standard version to travell to USA and its impossible it update succesfully very quick and i still havin european version no Standard. How can i install standard version in my european?
To my understanding, you can only update to US version when next version is out for update, because when you try to update to US version the system detected you already have the latest version.

To me even you're in Europe you should also install standard version,why? Because it have more reliable connection signal, you yourself control your freight distance and height so why not install standard version

Get a dbs itelite and don't worry about distance anymore. I fly 5000 ft 1500 meters without problems.

To my understanding, you can only update to US version when next version is out for update, because when you try to update to US version the system detected you already have the latest version.

That seems to be correct. I tried to update to A from E version before the new firmware version came out with no success, only decompressing package and then immediately after that "firmware update successful" and after reboot still on E version.

With new firmware no problem at all to change/upgrade from E to A version.

For you guys having the E version and problem changing region, try to rename the firmware file to a higher version and replace the A to E and see if that makes a difference, ( e.g from TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin to TyphoonH_Ver2.16_E.bin )

And start with firmware for your TH first then the ST16. And do the upgrade from the SD card.
Hope that helps. Mine is better after switching region.

Do you mean better in distance or other things....
No more loss of video signal at close range (30 to 50 meters) which occured quite often before and took about 1 minute to get video signal back again, very annoying. Have not happened again after switching to A region.
Also total startup time to video on screen was reduced from 2m down to 0:45 ( but that was fixed in the new E version as well)

Hi friends,
I update to euro version to standart, in the update I don't have problem with this.
This afternoon fly and tomorrow tell you if the range wifi is better or not.

Sorry for my english

Ciao Torres,

excellent job, i would also change from european version to standard version hoping to have more range but specially no wifi disconnections. Do you have to install standard version of the Drone and then again the updated (unique) version on ST16, or just the standard version on the Typhoon H? thank for your help

my self-indulgence with different firmware, apparently affected the range - the video signal is cut short at 800 meters, and the height climbed to 324 m and the counter continued to show, did not rise from the above -this expended battery. Apparently firmware traces remain like that are making adjustments in the program. Perhaps me need to roll back to the original factory settings, and the standard version of flash again.

I heard that firmware version is related to geographical position (GPS).
Btw I did reach 1000m without any loss, with a presales version. Probably I could go more far, but did not dare as it was not mine. Should try range with the new one and new firmware. I upgraded with EU version.

I heard that firmware version is related to geographical position (GPS).
Btw I did reach 1000m without any loss, with a presales version. Probably I could go more far, but did not dare as it was not mine. Should try range with the new one and new firmware. I upgraded with EU version.

The firmware has nothing geografisk position (GPS) to do. If it were so, then it was probably with one firmware and not two firmware.

The firmware has nothing geografisk position (GPS) to do. If it were so, then it was probably with one firmware and not two firmware.
Yes, you say is true. It remains a little insight into how the firmware impose restrictions on the course. I think the company is doing in vain, trying to make friends with the law program of countries and regions. I think the rule of law, is a matter of the individual rather than the company. Well, if they understood it, as DJI competitor is limited only by the height of 500 m, and the distance can be more than 5000 m without loss of video link.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital