Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UpdatePilot not compatible with ST16

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I am new to this forum - however got some experience with the Typhoon H an now with the H520. Having said that I encountered a strange problem. Several weeks ago I could install the UpdatePilot app pn the ST16S. Meanwhile I did an update on the android system and I Installed the Pix4 app - that‘s it. Now if I start UpdatePilot it wants to update from Version 0.29 to 0.30 - which I try to do. But this fails with an error saying tha another instance of this app would be present. So I deinstalled UpdatePilot and tried to reinstall it again on the ST16 from the play store. Looking for the app in the play store gives no hit. So I opened the play store on the browser and found the app. Trying to install it though results in an error saying it‘s not compatible with this device?!?
Did anybody encounter similar difficulties - or does anybody have an idea what I could do?
Many thanks for any help
Best regards
Thomas

What I found out: the build in tablet of the ST16S ifentifies itself as Yuneec ST16S if I look at the settings (android) - however the play store does not identify the tablat as such. Thus it says there is no suitable device to install the app.?!

These are problems that we've been having a lot of since the beginning. Don't think you have something wrong with you or that it's just you. The solution? install whatever you need by hand. Just like in any other android device.

I wish I could, bit unless the Play store identifies the correct device there is not even a chance to download the app package [emoji53]

Tom,

What Arruntus is telling you is to download the update packages from the applicable Yuneec download page, then install each update manually.

Forget the Play Store for now, until the revision checking, old OS revision issues, or whatever is balking with the proper app downloads is resolved.

The Yuneec download pages usually include instructions, or a how to documents inside the packages.

You may also find some tips and tricks in the H520 help forum.

I have successfully updated, manually. It can be done.

Jeff

Reactions: arruntus
Thanks Jeff. That‘s obviously the only way. I am well aware of how to do this and I hoped that the Updatepilot app would be a really smart solution (which in theory it is). Anyhow let‘s do it the old fashioned way [emoji1]

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Thanks Jeff. That‘s obviously the only way. I am well aware of how to do this and I hoped that the Updatepilot app would be a really smart solution (which in theory it is). Anyhow let‘s do it the old fashioned way [emoji1]

Hey Tomki!

Just checked the U.S. Yuneec H520 download page.

The UpdatePilot APK, version v0.0.30 is now there. I believe this is the workaround to the PlayStore issue.

We should now be able to install the latest UpdatePilot manually, then let it do its thing.

Have not tried it yet as I just noticed it.

Jeff

Update: have since tried it. Good news! It works!

See my new post dedicated to the availability of the UpdatePilot v.30 APK.

Last edited:
I am having a bit of an issue. I updated my Camera (E90), Gimbal and Datapilot software under the old software first. Then I found out how to download the apk file to update the unit. I did a gimbal calibration and notice it is not responding to the controller. It just sit and spin, I can see the image on the controller. Should I re-bind the camera or I have another issue going on?

I am having a bit of an issue. I updated my Camera (E90), Gimbal and Datapilot software under the old software first. Then I found out how to download the apk file to update the unit. I did a gimbal calibration and notice it is not responding to the controller. It just sit and spin, I can see the image on the controller. Should I re-bind the camera or I have another issue going on?

I recommend that to rule out old saved application data interfering with the new application you delete the application cache and set everything from 0.

I recommend that to rule out old saved application data interfering with the new application you delete the application cache and set everything from 0.

Thanks, I will try that. I had a video shoot yesterday and had to use my Yuneec Q500+ it did the job that I was doing but I missed my H520... :O(

@arruntus

I am running into issues getting the ST16S firmware to up. I tried this proceedure on Yuneec US website, but it does note work.

DESCRIPTION ST16S Firmware Update
FEATURE UPDATES
Update your ST16S transmitter to the latest firmware release to take advantage of the latest feature updates available from Yuneec. Pix4Dcapture requires this latest release for full functionality. This update required the DataPilot application.

• Copy the 'update.zip' file to root of the SD card and insert it to the ST16.
  • Download DataPilot app from PlayStore.
  • Open the DataPilot app. Go to 'Vehicle' tab under Settings, and click on 'Update Firmware'.
Any help?

update.zip?

What exactly is inside the update.zip? it's got to be decompressed anyway.

Pix4Dcapture requires another application, I uploaded it in the other thread that talks about the topic, download and install it. In any case, decompressd :)

update.zip?

What exactly is inside the update.zip? it's got to be decompressed anyway.

Pix4Dcapture requires another application, I uploaded it in the other thread that talks about the topic, download and install it. In any case, decompressd :)
Thanks, I got it to work. What you have to do is on the St16S controller go into Setting. Then stroll down to about and in there is an update by microSD card or Wireless. Press the by MicroSD Card and make sure the Update.zip is in the root directory of the controller internal memory. Once it update it will update the controller and update the Updatepilot. Then when you use the Updatepilot it will begin to update the camera, gimbal, and datapilot.

Reactions: arruntus
My ST16S came with UpdatePilot app installed. Two days ago I run it, it told me to update some firmware and software and did it without a single problem.

I did not start my UpdatePilot app manually though. There is a link(or button) in DataPilot for checking updates, When I clicked on it it started UpdatePilot app and did all these updates..

My ST16S came with UpdatePilot app installed. Two days ago I run it, it told me to update some firmware and software and did it without a single problem.

I did not start my UpdatePilot app manually though. There is a link(or button) in DataPilot for checking updates, When I clicked on it it started UpdatePilot app and did all these updates..

Wingman, Arruntus and I were talking about updating the ST16S controller, yes mine came with updatepilot as well. But the controller has a firmware update as well. On Yuneec website it tells you how to update the controller, but it doesn't work. So I posted the instruction on how I got it to work for me...

I believe I was talking about the same. The UpdatePilot app checks for any updates when it runs. I have found it much easier to do it comparing with looking for new versions of software/firmware on two major yuneec websites(UK and USA) and doing it manually. I am not even sure where I should get updates from considering I am in Australia. The last time I run Update Pilot I updated drone firmware, camera firmware and my DataPilot app. I cannot recall though if it updated my ST16s firmware but at least it did those three updates I mentioned above.

I cannot see any reason why UpdatePilot should not update ST16S firmware considering it does it to everything else.

I have just started UpdatePilot app to check what it can update. I can see it checks for updates for Remote/Flight controller. I believe that's for ST16S firmware. There is also gimbal and camera updates as two separate options as well as just firmware(believe it is for a drone) and DataPilot. I guess it can update everything that needs to be or can be updated.

Last edited:
The problem is that it does not always work properly for everyone, which is the case we are talking about. The simplest solution? update by hand :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss