Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updates Needed?

Reaction score
Greetings. I have an H, new to the forum. Is it necessary or recommended to update the firmware etc of my drone? Just got it 8 days ago. Does not have real sense. Thanks.

Greetings. I have an H, new to the forum. Is it necessary or recommended to update the firmware etc of my drone? Just got it 8 days ago. Does not have real sense. Thanks.
Have you flown it?

If you want the new features yes you need to update. If you have flown it and no problems tgen just decide for yourself. I think people who have updated seem to have minimal to no problems

Bill W.

I have flown it a few times and seem to have no problems.
I'm not even sure what the updates are really for.
Do they enhance the features, make it work better somehow?

I am still trying to figure out how to set-up the CCC. Any good explainer vids you can recommend watching? Thanks!

I have flown it a few times and seem to have no problems.
I'm not even sure what the updates are really for.
Do they enhance the features, make it work better somehow?

I am still trying to figure out how to set-up the CCC. Any good explainer vids you can recommend watching? Thanks!
Well i know on youtube there are plenty of videos for ccc. I created a video showing how to use an app that was made by a guy on here named tuna. It allows you to setup ccc without flying it 1st.

Bill W.

If I was in the OP's position I would go to the Yuneec site and download the update files and save them to my computer. That way I would have the current updates in case I needed them.

Next, I would review and note the firmware versions currently installed on my H and compare with the files saved to computer to see if they are or are not the same.

Next I would spend some time getting to know my new H, how the controls work, how it flies and handles, practice shooting videos and photos, and learning the camera controls. I would learn about all the features it has and determine if what it has satisfies my needs and desires.

After all that I would review saved firmware "What's new" documentation and decide if there's a need to update. If I was happy as is I'd just fly it as is but I would continue to download and save future firmware updates just in case. To have them but not use them is one thing, to need them but not be able to obtain them is another. The above is pretty much how I've dealt with the last couple firmware updates. I didn't upload the b23 updates and previous autopilot update until last week. But I had them just in case. I've downloaded and saved the 10/28 upgrade the same way.

In short, go have some fun and worry about the firmware version later. If it all works perfectly don't sweat an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was in the OP's position I would go to the Yuneec site and download the update files and save them to my computer. That way I would have the current updates in case I needed them.

Next, I would review and note the firmware versions currently installed on my H and compare with the files save to computer to see if they are or are not the same.

Next I would spend some time getting to know my new H, how the controls work, how it flies and handles, practice shooting videos and photos, and learning the camera controls. I would learn about all the features it has and determine if what it has satisfies my needs and desires.

After all that I would review saved firmware "What's new" documentation and decide if there's a need to update. If I was happy as is I'd just fly it as is but I would download and save future firmware updates just in case. To have them but not use them is one thing, to need them but not be able to obtain them is another. The above is pretty much how I've dealt with the last couple firmware updates. I didn't upload the b23 updates and previous autopilot update until last week. But I had them just in case. I've downloaded and saved the 10/28 upgrade the same way.

In short, go have some fun and worry about the firmware version later. If it all works perfectly don't sweat an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said.....

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval