Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upgrade Firmware or not?

My update improved the camera connection so it will connect by the time I walk back to the controller.
However, it displays that the obstacle avoidance is not available after I get up in the air and try to switch it on.
What's up with that? Can I just reload the update or will that not work if it is the same?

Is your landing gear up? OA won't work unless the landing gear is raised.

I guess I did not get that memo! lol

I thought I had used it in the past but then maybe sometimers is kickin in.

thanks

After the upgrade OA for me now only works in angle mode (landing gear up), I did swap to the A firmware though and not really bothered as I don't use it.

What do you mean the "A" firmware, I only saw one up to date firmware listed.

Guess I better go back and look at that.

Did the full firmware upgrade on the H and the ST16. Took the kit to the Oregon coast and did all the calibrations (compass, gimbal, accel) out on the beach far, far away from any RF/magnetic sources (left phone behind at house). Did a manual re-bind with both systems. Had to do the compass dance twice before I got the green light. Overall, flew great. Seems somewhat smoother, especially at turtle speed which I use a lot for photography. Tested all advanced modes, no problems. RTH with alt set to 150 feet: worked perfect. Few it out to 2500 feet on on the stock gear, that's about where the video got a bit choppy but did not disconnect. Used the Itelite range extender and flew it out to 4000 feet (!!) before I got too paranoid about it. Came right back. Video looks great, stills (I shoot in RAW/DNG) looked great, I can't see any difference in camera performance. Tried the screen cap modes, super cool. Only negative I noticed was stock sonar obstacle avoidance seems LESS sensitive, I could almost walk right into during a hover, but when it did activate, I do like the range warnings on the display. I don't use the RealSense (yet). So in my case, I have seen no problems. So far, so good, flew great, controls seemed by the numbers. Here's a pic! Happy flying!

Attachments

• BeachDunes.jpg
    BeachDunes.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Rayray
Good news, Cap. Do you have the Pro but just not turned on the RS or is that a future thing?
Around your area I know there are many great drone photo sites. Kindly share your stuff from time to time. OH--what's the little green monster-thing on that pic, lol?

RayRay, I'm flying a stock H setup except for the Itelite DBS antenna (which is easy to switch out). The speck is my son (age 9) and he was wearing his very very teal jacket while playing in the sand. Altitude was maybe 200 feet? Anyway, a good day of flying.

After the upgrade OA for me now only works in angle mode (landing gear up), I did swap to the A firmware though and not really bothered as I don't use it.

OA has never worked unless the gear is raised. Has nothing to do with the firmware. You could never use it without putting those up. i:)i

BTW I skipped that previous update but did do this latest one. Everything went well.

OA has never worked unless the gear is raised. Has nothing to do with the firmware. You could never use it without putting those up. i:)i

BTW I skipped that previous update but did do this latest one. Everything went well.
The first firmware that came with the H allowed it.

The main reasons that I have updated my firmware is all the new goodies that come on the ST 16 but it's your choice.

Interesting. Pretty sure it was up as it sounded the sonar ticks but now I'm going to retest.

Thanks for posting your update captain.
Got my Grandkids this weekend but I'll get mine done asap.
Did a low level watch me of a boat at 35mph last weekend and got a bit of a toilet bowl effect.
Can't post the vid yet. I'm trying to sell it.

Jim ( Flypic )

Here's that film with the slight toilet bowl effect.
I've tried a few times since and can't get it to repeat it.
Just done firmware updates to the H & St16 ( Had to copy the ST16 firmware over to the ST16 )
I've got a 128GB micro sd and the ST16 can't read it.
I've spoken to Yuneec and they say max of 32GB and format in FAT32 ( not exfat )
Going to the shops to buy a 32GB card now.

Enjoy my film.

Jim ( Flypic )

My Brother has updated his H
I'll wait & see how he gets on.
So far I'm really impressed.
I've tried the Return home & landing, Curved cable cam, Watch me, Follow me, Orbit me, Journey, Point of interest.
All I can say is - - - - WOW !

My old drone is a Phantom 2 with a GOPRO 4k Black.
The H is just fantastic.
If the connectivity gets improved I'll be quite a happy chappy.

By the way, we're based in Poole, Dorset, England.

Cheers.

Jim

Hi Jim. I flew my H down at Eype when we were there in the summer. Such beautiful views. You are a lucky chap! Enjoy. Cheers, Chris.

Cheers Chris.

I know how lucky i am to live here.
But i know a lot of prople take it for granted and don't seem to care about looking after it all.

Yes indeed there are some beatiful views. I need to get out a bit more often.

Jim ( flypic )

Reactions: Christoph

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital