Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uploading panorama 360's for public sharing

I have to edit the stitched pano image properties to get the 360 experience on Facebook, specifically, edit the camera type to RICOH and camera model to RICOH THETA S.

Is that necessary, or am I missing something?

I'm pretty new to this software, but I have done the following with each set of panoramic images i took with the Typhoon H.

- selected whether it's a multi-row or single row panoramic
- clicked on import and selected the actual images that were taken
- clicked align (it say no defaults set for focal length, set now? and i say yes)
- a dialog box comes up that allows you to select focal length and other options like quality of image. I set quality and hit align.
- then i hit the render button and set the output settings and click ok.
- when that's finished you can save as image to output jpg to Facebook or select create interactive image which will create a html file and all the supporting files and put them in a folder of your choice.

facebook automatically knows if it's a panorama when you upload the jpg. you will need a site to post the interactive files for everyone to see.

let me know if this works.

I'm pretty new to this software, but I have done the following with each set of panoramic images i took with the Typhoon H.

- selected whether it's a multi-row or single row panoramic
- clicked on import and selected the actual images that were taken
- clicked align (it say no defaults set for focal length, set now? and i say yes)
- a dialog box comes up that allows you to select focal length and other options like quality of image. I set quality and hit align.
- then i hit the render button and set the output settings and click ok.
- when that's finished you can save as image to output jpg to Facebook or select create interactive image which will create a html file and all the supporting files and put them in a folder of your choice.

facebook automatically knows if it's a panorama when you upload the jpg. you will need a site to post the interactive files for everyone to see.

let me know if this works.

Actually I would be interested to hear somebody confirm this, I know it seems like that is the way it should work. But my real world experience says it doesn't. As I stated, I can upload the jpg till I'm blue in the face, unless I edit the camera type and model, Facebook simply displays the jgp. Just as it looks when I load it in a standard image viewer.

I can upload to my wordpress website using the right plugin and it doesn't matter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval