Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

venom battery for h plus and h520 coming online

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on their website but I have been known to miss things in the past.

I wonder do they plan on distributing to Europe? Lots of revenue going begging if they dont. Looking forward to seeing a review to see if it prolongs the flight time.

FWIW, $179 is the cost for the stick H+ 5,250 mAh packs. The H520 packs in fancy orange are $199. So $179 for a pack with 40% more capacity is a total winner in my book.

Wait to see reviews, don't run so much because surely the weight of the battery has also increased and therefore decreases much that 40% of which you speak.

It will certainly weigh more, and how that will affect flight performance remains to be seen. But the point remains, the pack cost the same as the stock H+ and $20 less than the H520. Venom has a long history in the lipo world and they generally make a good product. I'll likely try a couple to see how I like their performance.

If the battery has 40% capacity (of what) mass, so to fly longer?
The engines will work harder to offset the weight, by that energy will be consumed a faster rate. At what rate? 40% doesn't mean you get 40% more flight time.
It would be interesting to see how much more flight time you get with 40% mass. Once you have those figures you can determine the difference of the 40% mass and % of flight time.

No idea on the differences in weight now. I don't recall seeing weight specs. Weight however is not generally a linear relationship with capacity. The weight increase is usually slightly less than the capacity increase. For instance, I have packs with 50% more capacity (same cell count and C rating) that weight about 40% more to get that 50% increase in capacity.

I'll still give them a try, see how it goes.

EDIT: the 7,300 mAh Venom packs are listed at 584 grams. I don't have the weight of the stock 5,250 mAh pack to compare it to.

Reactions: BigAl07
No idea on the differences in weight now. I don't recall seeing weight specs. Weight however is not generally a linear relationship with capacity. The weight increase is usually slightly less than the capacity increase. For instance, I have packs with 50% more capacity (same cell count and C rating) that weight about 40% more to get that 50% increase in capacity.

EDIT: the 7,300 mAh Venom packs are listed at 584 grams. I don't have the weight of the stock 5,250 mAh pack to compare it to.

There are more factors that affect flight time, not only the weight and capacity of the battery, in this case also, if you increase the total weight, the performance of the engines and the ESC. More weight can produce an increase of consumption of the engines being counterproductive. Or not ............. and as we have a lack of real technical details of what mounts our H520, it is best to take a normal battery, another of these new, same place, wind, etc. and try with different types of flight and both batteries :D

Ummm... That point has been made already. There is no disputing that flight times will increase, the question is by how much. It will not match the increase in capacity, that is certain.

The motors and ESCs will have to work harder to lift the increased weight. Does anyone know off-hand what the H+/520 ESCs are rated at?

So the motors will work harder, get hotter and potentially last a shorter time. How much less? Who knows? The MTBF for these little motors is usually not known so it will be hard to evaluate this.

Ummm... That point has been made already. There is no disputing that flight times will increase, the question is by how much. It will not match the increase in capacity, that is certain.

The motors and ESCs will have to work harder to lift the increased weight. Does anyone know off-hand what the H+/520 ESCs are rated at?

So the motors will work harder, get hotter and potentially last a shorter time. How much less? Who knows? The MTBF for these little motors is usually not known so it will be hard to evaluate this.

I don't know what they have been "Rated" to lift but we use ours to lift items for Search & Rescue and have lifted a box (for about 100 yrds) that weighed approximately 2lbs. You could DEF hear and feel the increased motor RPMs but it handled the weight very well. It was just one flight there and back so we didn't record any loss of endurance but it makes sense there would be some reduction.

Adding more batteries etc gets to a point of diminishing returns but I don't think that the difference from the standard capacity pack to the extended pack comes anywhere reaching that level.

I'm anxious to hear some real-world write ups about them.

They've been taking out battery models for some time and we only look at the total capacity, but then when it comes to the truth they don't mean much improvement, except if we look at the price, which is usually lower than the originals. There is no other reason that the price of the originals is very inflated and therefore it is not difficult that third brand batteries are cheaper. And it's very inflated because they're normal lipo batteries encapsulated in plastic. They are not intelligent, nor charge indicator or anything.

Reactions: BigAl07

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I put the stock 5250mAh pack on the scale, it weighs 570 grams.

Reactions: arruntus
Perfect. So if the Venom specs are real there is only an 14 gram (0.49 ounces) increase in weight to get 2,050 mAh increase in capacity. Seems like weight will not be an issue.

Reactions: arruntus
Perfect. So if the Venom specs are real there is only an 14 gram (0.49 ounces) increase in weight to get 2,050 mAh increase in capacity. Seems like weight will not be an issue.

That only means one thing, that they have opted for a battery with more capacity but less C, or discharge capacity.

I'll explain, in the batteries have to take into account another factor, are the C. Both charge or discharge. Normally to load the batteries we can load them to 1 C, that is to say if the battery is of 5 amps we can load them to 5 amps or 1C. Normally in all of them it is usually like this although there are batteries that admit 4, 5 even 10 C of load, or more.

The other C is the discharge, which is the ability of the battery to discharge continuously and suddenly a certain amount of energy. They are measured in C (which is the nominal amperage of the battery). It is not the same a racer that uses batteries of 50 C for above, because they need a lot of energy and of blow, for that reason they last only 10 minutes the flights, that a drone like our H520 that are "to walk" and not to run neither to make inverted maneuvers, etc. The more C of discharge a battery has, the more weight it has. Therefore and by a rule of 3, if they have put more nominal capacity by necessity has lowered the C discharge that gives that battery.

14 grams is a ridiculous difference to have a 40% nominal more capacity. Somewhere weight has been saved and in my opinion is in the discharge capacity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy