Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Vertical Height Limit?

Reaction score
I just got finished with upgrading my firmware for my "Brand New" Typhoon H/Real Sense for the controller and Typhoon. Of course I had to follow a video on YouTube since I wanted to be sure and get it right.

I have been cruising the Yuneec Pilots forum today and got a little confused on the H's height limit? I have read that it seems to be around 8,000 feet? Am I wrong and the 8,000 foot limit is a Vertical Limit? If not, then what is the Vertical Limit for this unit?

All of the DJI's I have and own, have a height limit the only one that does not is the Phantom 2 and it will go as high in the air as it can before running out of battery power. My original Phantom 2 HD-3D, I flew to over a thousand feet straight up in a cow pasture, cows did not seem to mind in the least. LOL. :) However, the resident Bull finally took notice and as he began to move towards me, I began to head for the fence and landed the P2 on my side of the fence. Brahma's have no sense of humor.

This Yuneec is my first and have yet to take a Virgin flight with it. Tomorrow I hope to change that. Nothing fancy, just fly around and get used to the response of the control's, etc..

In closing, any suggestions on how to set up Way Points with the "H".
Thanks for any and all responses.

Early firmware limited the motor start function to 8000' above sea level elevation. Yuneec provided a firmware patch for those who needed to fly at higher altitudes. I'm not certain that limit is built into the latest firmware. It is not longer listed as a limit in the specs and I have seen posts of owners flying up to 12,000'. Perhaps some of the mountain flyers will catch this and post with an update.

The default height limit for AGL is 400', but that can be modified using the GUI.

Early firmware limited the motor start function to 8000' above sea level elevation. Yuneec provided a firmware patch for those who needed to fly at higher altitudes. I'm not certain that limit is built into the latest firmware. It is not longer listed as a limit in the specs and I have seen posts of owners flying up to 12,000'. Perhaps some of the mountain flyers will catch this and post with an update.

The default height limit for AGL is 400', but that can be modified using the GUI.

I am not familiar with AGL or GUI, could you clarify them for this old man. Thanks

I already downloaded and installed the above files. What I would like to be able to do is remove the height limitations so will need some real guidance on that issue. Believe me, I already know all the things surrounding going over 400 ft. I have watched since 2014 all the debates such concerning height, the governments getting into the debates, the FAA's response and such, one thing I learned is that if you elect to go pretty high in the sky, you need to keep it to yourself.

Need more words...?

Download and install GUI.
If you start GUI and there is no H connected it will tell you what to do.

Power up the H (no need to power the controller ST-16).
Connect the H (the drone, not the camera) to computer.
Start the GUI, the program will find the H automatically (you can also first start GUI and then connect H).
Look into different menu-items and you will find settings for altitude and geofence.
Change as desired, save changes.
Quit GUI.
Disonnect H.
Reboot H.

Go fly angle mode.

(or maybe you want to check if new values are implemented, then repeat the above.)

Reactions: AURORA 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech