Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Very disappointed with the Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am a proud owner of the Typhoon H, and with a few exceptions, I think its a great drone, so this is not a brand bash.
I just picked up a $149 Breeze kit from Walmart last night for my son. I see relatively good reviews on the Breeze and thought it would be a good step up from the toy drones he had flown. Honestly, I cannot comment on whether it flies good or not because NONE of my families' smart phones can find the WiFi from it. However, what a disappointment this thing is. The build quality is not much better than the cheap $49 chinese quadcopters. The instructions are junk. I thought the $149 Walmart package would be a good deal but I really don't think it is and I feel sorry for whoever paid more for it (but if I am ever able to fly it, I could change my mind).
Going back to the WiFi issue, why would Yuneec make it 5ghz? The only thing that was able to "see" the Breeze was my old iPad 2, but who wants to fly using a bulky iPad? Sorry folks, but Yuneec bombed on this one.
I know, I know....I should have done more research before I bought it. I did, but I guess I didnt do enough.
I really wanted to like this drone but at this point I will be returning it unless I can find a reason not to.
Is there any convincing out there to help me want to keep it?

Hi i have a galaxy s7 it connects i believe a lot of older phones did not include 5 ghz recently they have, yes its a bummer but if you can return it and get something else the breeze is mainly a selfie drone it does very good for what it is....

Reactions: Hgonz1369
Wow, I'm surprised you have so many phones that aren't dual wifi enabled. What model of phones are you using?

I have an LG Stylo 2 that i wasn't using so was going to give it to my son to specifically use for the Breeze. I tried other phones including a Galaxy S8 but even if that worked, it's my other son's phone and there's no way he is going allow his brother to use it. Besides, it shouldn't matter what phone it is. This Breeze is the only thing I have ever had a problem with connecting to WiFi. I think it was kinda stupid for Yuneec to do it 5gHz. What makes matters worse is there is nothing from Yuneec that says that it may not be compatible with all smart phones...we shouldn't have to rely on boards like this. There is nothing anywhere on the box or in the documentation that says it (unless you look at the specs, but who would normally think to look for that kind of spec? Plus you would have to bring the thing home and open it to read them)
The WiFi issue set aside, even before I started connecting it, I couldn't help but notice how cheap the thing looked and felt. I get that it is not marketed to "prosumers" and by no means am I an elitist, but this thing is a joke for what it originally sold for.

Just take it back, or sell it on this forum. Simple. It's a great buy @ $150 with batteries at $21.. can't beat that.

I plan on taking it back. Thanks for the "wonderful" advise. And no, it isnt that great of a buy @ $150. If it connected to my phone, I might think $150 would be an OK price, but there is no way it is worth more, let alone the original price. For those lucky enough to get the Walmart $150 deal AND works for them, it may suit them well, but current pricing other than Wal-Mart (and maybe a few other merchants...according to a Google shopping search)? For not much more $, you can get a MUCH better drone.

I plan on taking it back. Thanks for the "wonderful" advise. And no, it isnt that great of a buy @ $150. If it connected to my phone, I might think $150 would be an OK price, but there is no way it is worth more, let alone the original price. For those lucky enough to get the Walmart $150 deal AND works for them, it may suit them well, but current pricing other than Wal-Mart (and maybe a few other merchants...according to a Google shopping search)? For not much more $, you can get a MUCH better drone.

Yes, it was good advice, you are welcome, but many would have said the same. You seem grounded in your opinion - as you have no choice - it doesn’t work for you. Only hope the next one does and you are happy.

Reactions: DoomMeister
You get what you pay for. Don't have so high of expectations for a cheap thrill.:rolleyes:

Like everything, there are different price points which equate to additional features, quality of build, and on and on. We each make choices in these areas. The expectations for a $150 drone with $21 batteries would be minimal - yet the Breeze delivers exceptional performance and features for this price. The Task modes alone are found in drones for 3X this much. Understanding what you are getting for the price is always KEY to purchasing something. In this case the Breeze is really amazing. Sure, some will put it down, others will pay for a DJI Air / Spark at 4-5-6-7X the price, but for the money, the Breeze can't be beat - IF you know what you are getting and research your needs vs functionality of the Breeze. If those two match, you are getting a great deal.

Recall, this is a Selfie drone. It is meant to stay within 100 yards or so to take Selfie pictures. The Geo-fence is great. The performance for the price is great - the software works great. Are there every issues? sure, but as with any product, issues happen.

For anyone considering the Breeze, do your research, and if it meets your needs, get it quick as they will soon be gone at the $150 price. Considering all the NFZ's and limited airspace to fly - and only getting stricter, a selfie drone will always be a great purchase.

You get what you pay for. Don't have so high of expectations for a cheap thrill.:rolleyes:

You are correct. Perhaps $150 is a great price for it. However, as the owner of a Typhoon H, where the quality and technology is great, I was expecting better from Yuneec, especially if you consider what the original price (and what some retailers are still selling it for) was. If the original price was $150-ish, then I guess I would be fine with the quality. But, again, if i were one of the first buyers of it at the original price, then I would have something to complain about. Why do you think the price of these has been drastically reduced? I doubt it is the just WiFi issue that I (and others) had.

And before people get on my case and tell me to just return it if I'm not happy with it, I already did. That is not the point.

Reactions: Hiwa
Like everything, there are different price points which equate to additional features, quality of build, and on and on. We each make choices in these areas. The expectations for a $150 drone with $21 batteries would be minimal - yet the Breeze delivers exceptional performance and features for this price. The Task modes alone are found in drones for 3X this much. Understanding what you are getting for the price is always KEY to purchasing something. In this case the Breeze is really amazing. Sure, some will put it down, others will pay for a DJI Air / Spark at 4-5-6-7X the price, but for the money, the Breeze can't be beat - IF you know what you are getting and research your needs vs functionality of the Breeze. If those two match, you are getting a great deal.

Recall, this is a Selfie drone. It is meant to stay within 100 yards or so to take Selfie pictures. The Geo-fence is great. The performance for the price is great - the software works great. Are there every issues? sure, but as with any product, issues happen.

For anyone considering the Breeze, do your research, and if it meets your needs, get it quick as they will soon be gone at the $150 price. Considering all the NFZ's and limited airspace to fly - and only getting stricter, a selfie drone will always be a great purchase.

First, I did quite a bit of research and really believed that $150 was (and probably would still believe) is a good deal. However, I did not even think of researching the WiFi issue. One kind of expects WiFi is WiFi is WiFi and if you have a relatively current phone, it wouldn't be an issue.
I am not a brand loyalist and this is not a brand debate, but setting the Walmart $150 deal aside, you can get a DJI Spark for, at most, 2x more and it has far better quality and capabilities than the Breeze.

My Breeze connects to my old Samsung Galaxy S4 wi-fi just fine. My problem with the older phone is with the Bluetooth connection to the controller which doesn't work with the S4. Using my S7 Edge just great on both counts, though.

I don't know quite what the issue is here?? Is it that you are unable to connect via WIFI from the phone app to the Breeze? I own a Galaxy S7, an iPhone 6+ and an old iPhone 5, they all see and connect to the Breeze via WIFI. It really sounds to me that it is a board issue within the Breeze, not the fact its operating on 5Ghz frequency.
I picked up my Breeze at Walmart on Weds, and I can tell you that of all of the drones I have this is the best to fly. My friend has a Yuneec that cost him $900, I didn't have that kind of money. With the Breeze in pilot mode, it flies really well. I hope you give it another chance, this is a good drone.

His problem was that his phones were not capable of 5.8GHz WiFi which is needed to connect to the Breeze, and the packaging for the Breeze makes absolutely no mention of that fact. It leads you to believe if you have a smart phone you just download the app to your phone and fly.

For the price point and just learning to fly and great portability the Breeze is nice.

The whole problem was simply that Yuneec is not totally upfront with minimum requirements for using the Breeze on the package.

Reactions: AH-1G
I agree also, Yuneec is sketchy about information or lack of, it is always better to research then purchase.:)

My breeze has periodically become uncontrollable & crashed for apparently NO REASON. I am a skilled pilot of 5 years, with 6 other drones. Recently i discovered that my neighbor is a Ham Radio operator & some friends (a computer engineer & an electrical engineer) who were visiting, advised me that the radio waves from the neighbors ham radio broadcasting, were likely hijacking my drone!!! Hopefully this info may help others to understand the bizarre behaviour of THEIR Breezes that crash for seemingly no reason & perhaps find ways to combat it.
Fly safe, have fun!!!

Thanks for bring this to our attention!

I wouldn’t say hijacking so much, as it would be more like jamming. Could also make a large difference with the frequency he/she was operating on.

Flying near cell towers, high voltage lines, and radio broadcast towers can also make for unpredictable results.

I am super impressed with the Breeze and the video quality of an inexpensive drone. Not really fair to bash this drone, because you are unable to link it to your phone. The problem is with either your phone or what you are doing. I had zero problem linking it to my phone. I use an iphone 7 plus. Maybe you need a new phone.

Reactions: Skyjammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop