Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Vibrations again, I'm desperate

I answered one of these problem in the forum somewhere before... Mine had the same problem. It was wobbly. Then one day...I went to Yuneec for another issue with my camera not responding at all so Yuneec replaced it with a brand new camera and gimbal. I flew it after and instantly I noticed that the shake was gone on my video. So, I looked at the gimbal mount and see what was different with it. The rubber dampers that came with the new gimbal was the CGO2 rubber dampers and not CGO3+. So, now my H has no wobble effect on my videos. If you have terrible jello/vibration on your videos I recommend changing the rubber dampers from CGO3+ to CGO2.

Here's what CGO3+ dampers look like:
Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Rubber Dampers 8 PC

Here are CGO2 dampers that came with my new camera and gimbal from Yuneec
YUNEEC Rubber Dampers for CGO2-GB Camera (8-Pack)

Also, my last tip is to flip the knob up to "F" in Pan mode whenever you are not using the 360 pan dial.

Hope this helps you all!
Well, they're out-of-stock on the 3's, so they probably had to use the 2's on your repair?

I'm not saying those balancing props are doing it wrong, but are you balancing the hubs as well as the blades?

The hubs ??? what is that (I'm french!)

Le moyeu est la partie centrale des lames. La personne sur cette vidéo fait les lames horizontalement avec du ruban adhésif et le moyeu verticalement avec un pistolet à colle .

Hope it translates OK.

If you have enough vibration to translate to the camera, you would see it while hovering right at eye level.

That is always part of my "pre-flight". After all other checks, and initial lift off, hover at about 6', and test yaw and rudder in both directions, and hold the hover for about 10 seconds and observe the landing gear and camera (this is on my Q500 4k).

I got around to checking the props for balance on my H. Out of the 8 left (2 gone after an "altercation"), only 2 required very slight balancing. I found them overall to be very well balanced.

OK, since a few days, I have some vibrations on my videos.

Eric, is that a replacement lens in there? or have you refocused yours...I can't remember all who have or haven't...maybe the vibration is coming from the lens not seated correctly in the mount?

**** that looks bad guys Yuneec sure went backseat to quality control

here is a sample of my cgo3+

Interesting...
1) My sdcard is a PNY Class 10 UHS-3, so let's eliminate this.
2) Why only sometimes ?
3) Why only sometimes ?

BobW55 is right. That doesn't look like a physical vibration from the drone. That looks like an anomaly in the camera electronics (bad solder joint, bad image sensor, maybe even mild electrical interference).

On most motors there is a c-clip holding the shaft on the bottom of the motor. If there is end-play that can cause vibrations in the z axis. It could be a bent shaft. It could be a lot of things that introduce vibration.

Balancing may not be the problem if an arm is not secured. When I replaced a motor/arm, I checked all the screws holding the arms to the body to make sure there was no side play (wiggling) of the arm. The slightest vibration, or just spinning of the motor could cause the arm to shake. However, the copter's IMU requires vibration at a low enough level to allow it to even fly.

It's interesting even in high wind my H seems to produce decent results. Unless there is some serious mechanical issue causing high vibration, IMO minor imbalances in the props/motors won't be enough to transfer to the gimbal. If the H logged vibration levels it would be simple to see, but even still if vibration was excessive it can cause the copter to crash let alone create poor video.

What settings are you using when doing your videos? I'm finding out that certain settings can create what appears to be jello or even shaking. I agree with others it could be a problem with the camera itself, like an encoder or something.

Today we went to about the only public stretch of beach on Lake Huron that allows horses. My daughter wanted her senior pictures done with her horse on a beach, period. After the photographer was done we had a little fun with the H filming her getting the horse into the water and such. It was quite windy and though he will go swimming with her in lakes, he didn't like the noise and waves. Most horses (nearly everyone I've had) think a small puddle is a bottomless pit and will die if they step in it :)

Being a rank amateur, I'm still learning how to use the camera settings. In the following video, I did it in raw to experiment, but forgot to lock the white balance, and also didn't calibrate the gimbal after accel calibration and had horizon tilt. I did 3 videos and forgot to set something correctly on each one, but it was a fun day.

This video is raw, no processing. ND4 Polar Pro filter used. 3840 x 2160 30 FPS, 1/250 (IIRC....didn't feel like landing and trying ND8) and wish I set to natural or gorgeous. Some day I'd like to get a 4k monitor.

P.S. I brought the P4 but wouldn't have even attempted to fly in that wind.

Reactions: banned user
As I already mentionned, till now, I was satisfied with my H, I made this video and I'm happy :
No raw, just gorgeous mode, 3840 x 2160 30 FPS and no filter, manual mode iso 100 shutter speed depending on the scene I was making.

Now I have these vibrations, I made many experiments in order to find out if the problem comes from the bird or from the camera.
Today i got an interesting observation. Playing with wizard, during the landing the video starts shaking, and even after the motors are stopped, you can see that the trees are stll shaking. this would tend to prove that the problem comes from the cgo3+ itself and not from the bird. Here is the short video :

PS : i have been trying to join Yuneec Europe by email for 6 days.... No answer... Holidays ???

You're not the only one facing this problem, i already send my typhoon to yuneec for repair .
I'm not ready to spend time to calibrate the propeller or the camera, this is should be done by yuneec in the first time. I don't have time neithet the skill to do it .

I have not seen this issue with my H. Perhaps you can try the Lexar or Sandesh Extreme 3U micro sd card. The original sd card from Yuneec is crap!

I also agree it may be a faulty gimbal too. Try a high speed 4K capable sd card first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy