Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video and post production for Apartment Complex

Reaction score
I was able to do a video and post production for Marden Apartment Complex here in Apopka, Florida
Over 54 minutes of video and ended up with 1 minute 37 seconds. The music is redundant but nice. My decisions on music and all video. They liked it so well I will be doing other complexes for them now.
They have now posted this on their web site showing on YouTube.

Nice job. That's a good promo.
Thanks, lot of hours went into this, they finalized it today.
It's my first on on this scale. I was once video production TV editor (2" tape) back in the early 80's before I headed off to college.

I was able to do a video and post production for Marden Apartment Complex here in Apopka, Florida
Over 54 minutes of video and ended up with 1 minute 37 seconds. The music is redundant but nice. My decisions on music and all video. They liked it so well I will be doing other complexes for them now.

Really nice work, and the music goes just right with the video.
I have done a lot of videos in the past with and without the H but haven't placed any music to them yet. I did a lot of green screen work in the past
and hope to have some nice videos to share on here soon. Again nice job, keep it up

Ditto. Curious tho, why did you upload at 720p?
I uploaded a larger file but they were unable to download it, so I sent them a smaller file for review 47 MB. I guess they were content using it. But thanks for pointing that out I will send them a 1920x1080 95MB
Thanks all.

Nice! Did the apartment notify the tenants and ask that they stay indoors? I'm setting up to shoot some lake front condos but I was hired by the construction company that built them some years back. There's only a group of 10 condos and have permission from the property manager. I'm wondering about notifying the tenants.

It looks really nice. Food for thought.....create a Dropbox account, then upload the files you want them to have there with a link for them to retrieve them from. I like to have either a link that expires or a password.

Reactions: Wingshooter
Nice! Did the apartment notify the tenants and ask that they stay indoors? I'm setting up to shoot some lake front condos but I was hired by the construction company that built them some years back. There's only a group of 10 condos and have permission from the property manager. I'm wondering about notifying the tenants.
Yes they did notify the tenants, and they suggested me to shoot the video during the week rather on weekends.

It looks really nice. Food for thought.....create a Dropbox account, then upload the files you want them to have there with a link for them to retrieve them from. I like to have either a link that expires or a password.
I have dropbox and I have more issues using it. Some reason I can't grasp it. o_O

I have dropbox and I have more issues using it. Some reason I can't grasp it. o_O
Yes AH-1G, Dropbox works differently than Google Drive. Dropbox will create a local directory in your computer's hard drive where all the files you upload to your profile will be stored and synced. Google Drive on the other hand doesn't use your local resources for storage purposes. Each system has advantages and disadvantages.

For Dropbox:
PROS:
*Faster access to your files from your computer because they are synced/copied to your HDD.
CONS:
*It will consume your HDD Storage quickly depending on how big your HDD and Information are. Fast if saving CGO3 videos in 1080p@60fps or higher!

For Google Drive, Dropbox's PROS become CONS and vice versa.

My preferred system: GOOGLE DRIVE.

I would say: Use online storage systems such as Dropbox or Google Drive if you can NOT physically take the video to the client yourself. If it is possible, I would suggest investing in a USB 3.1 Flash Drive from known brands such as Samsung or SanDisk. Those brands are known to provide devices with very high read and write speeds. That will make sure you can deliver large amounts of data to your clients in a short period of time. For storage capacity, consider 256GB. 128GB as minimun. Why? Because chances are you will want to keep the videos from past customers in that flash drive for probably a month after you deliver the final product to them. That way if for some reason they lose, damage, or somehow make the original video disappear (it happens) from his/her computer, you as a good customer service provider can stop by and leave another copy right away!

Reactions: AH-1G
I would say: Use online storage systems such as Dropbox or Google Drive if you can NOT physically take the video to the client yourself. If it is possible, I would suggest investing in a USB 3.1 Flash Drive from known brands such as Samsung or SanDisk. Those brands are known to provide devices with very high read and write speeds. That will make sure you can deliver large amounts of data to your clients in a short period of time. For storage capacity, consider 256GB. 128GB as minimun. Why? Because chances are you will want to keep the videos from past customers in that flash drive for probably a month after you deliver the final product to them. That way if for some reason they lose, damage, or somehow make the original video disappear (it happens) from his/her computer, you as a good customer service provider can stop by and leave another copy right away!
Yes I do all the above saving on flash and SD's and personal delivery:)

Did you use Curved Cable Cam or UAV Tool Box or just flying off the seat of your pants?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval