Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Card Requirements

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots! I had previously posted a question about Jumpy Video while viewing my videos from my Q500. Someone suggested using a FAT32 format. I was not able to select FAT 32, so I used the default settings. That greatly improved my results. However, when I pan the camera left or right I still get jumpy playback. I played the same footage on two other, less powerful, windows 7 computers and the video was much worse. So now i'm thinking my video card may not be up to 4K requirements. BTW, I have shot lower quality video on the two other drones I have and both have played back fine on all of my computers. The computer I'm using is a HP p6404y QuadCore with AMD Phenom II X4 820 Processors. The video card is an upgrade from the factory card to a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630. I spent about 30 minutes speaking with the Geek Squad but they could not be of much help. Any suggestions?

Yes, that's going to struggle with 4K footage. People often underestimate how powerful a machine they need to be able to view and edit that. For people with lesser machines awaiting an upgrade, the best you can do in the meantime is transcode 4K down to 1080P before editing, with Laplacian sharpening in something like free app Handbrake, which gives you 4k-like levels of detail in a much more manageable file size and playback data rate.

CBR

Reactions: SkySpy
Yes, that's going to struggle with 4K footage. People often underestimate how powerful a machine they need to be able to view and edit that. For people with lesser machines awaiting an upgrade, the best you can do in the meantime is transcode 4K down to 1080P before editing, with Laplacian sharpening in something like free app Handbrake, which gives you 4k-like levels of detail in a much more manageable file size and playback data rate.

CBR
Thank you! Good advise. What sort of upgrade should I consider?

It depends on how portable your system needs to be. Laptops are considerably more expensive than a tower or desktop computer.

You need a system with at least a quad core CPU (Intel i5 or preferably i7), 8GB of memory, and a hardware accelerated GPU like an nVidia with 2GB or more of video memory, and a 4K video monitor.

A good way to shop is for a good gaming computer for playing 3D graphics intensive games.

Reactions: SkySpy
It depends on how portable your system needs to be. Laptops are considerably more expensive than a tower or desktop computer.

You need a system with at least a quad core CPU (Intel i5 or preferably i7), 8GB of memory, and a hardware accelerated GPU like an nVidia with 2GB or more of video memory, and a 4K video monitor.

A good way to shop is for a good gaming computer for playing 3D graphics intensive games.

Thanks for your reply. This will be very helpful as I start shopping. Meanwhile, I'm going to shoot lower than 4K to see how my computers handle that footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy