Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video file corrupted

Reaction score
I have an odd situation. When sitting on the ground I get a playable video file (MP-4) but when airborne I get a corrupted file. Any ideas?

Are you making sure to stop recording before powering off? This scenario will result in a corrupted file, but it can many times be recovered by putting the sd card back in the camera and cycling the H power on and off.

Good to hear... lots have done it once... then you remember... at least until you do it again. :eek:

Reactions: LWS Drone Freak
That should work. Wish I’d known that when I started. Some of my best work got lost to file management errors. We could have a class on labeling and data storage as I’ve got terabytes of footage and naming to find later is tricky. Plus making back ups of your work as I’ve had drives go and loose stuff also.

That worked! Thank you. Apparently I did not turn off the camera before I landed

Just so there isn’t any confusion... no need to stop recording before landing. Just remember to stop recording before powering down the H.

One technique I employ so I don’t forget, is to take a still after stopping video recording. Don’t need to switch the camera mode; just stop video the press the single photo button.

Jeff

That should work. Wish I’d known that when I started. Some of my best work got lost to file management errors. We could have a class on labeling and data storage as I’ve got terabytes of footage and naming to find later is tricky. Plus making back ups of your work as I’ve had drives go and loose stuff also.

Understand how that works. I’ve resorted to date of flight, subject name, and flight sequence added if more than one was done for the subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital