Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 update problem

Reaction score
Q500 update problem

I have a problem updating files every time I do step 17 I get info that the file does not exist. I repaired the instrument cluster ( it was corrupted i.e. icons appeared and disappeared after a while ). After fixing the fault the drone connects to the camera, there is a picture but no possibility to turn on the motors.
In the pictures you can see the files on the card and the info about the missing file.
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you for a quick reply.

Ryszard

Attachments

• Karta - pliki.jpg
    Karta - pliki.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221010_213139.jpg
    20221010_213139.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Na pierwszym zdjęciu wygląda to tak, jakby rzeczywisty "update.zip" został rozpakowany. Aktualizacja nie będzie działać w ten sposób.
Jakiej wersji instrukcji aktualizacji oprogramowania sprzętowego używasz?
Jeśli nie próbowałeś tego zestawu instrukcji, może być przydatne użycie ich zamiast wersji fabrycznej:
(Jeśli już używasz tej wersji instrukcji, możemy potrzebować więcej informacji).

W skrócie, na karcie SD nie może być nic więcej niż:
Jeden folder o nazwie "Firmware"
Jeden plik o nazwie "Update.zip", (nie folder o nazwie "Update").
Plik PDF jest tam normalnie i nie powoduje żadnych szkód.
SD Card .jpg

In the first picture, it looks like the actual "update.zip" has been unzipped. The update will not work that way.
What version of the firmware update instructions are you using?
If you haven't tried this set of instructions, it may be useful to use them instead of the factory version:
(If you are already using this version of the instructions, we may need more information).
In short, there must be nothing more on the SD card than:
One folder named "Firmware"
One file named "Update.zip", (not a folder named "Update").
The PDF file is there normally and does not cause any damage.
SD Card .jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
Unfortunately nothing helps, I did as you wrote and still the same thing i.e. the same message that the TXT file does not exist. The problem arose when I repaired the camera because the icons appeared and disappeared ( it was difficult to capture them ) and now the drone unfortunately does not want to start - the motors do not turn on. I don't really know what to do next as the drone reportedly started to break down during flight and landed with great difficulty losing 1 propeller. There is no indication of any error just nothing happens when I press the START button ( I have already swapped the ST10 apparatus but that didn't help either ).
Is there any idea yet?

Attachments

• 20221014_220043 (Medium).jpg
    20221014_220043 (Medium).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221014_220124 (Medium).jpg
    20221014_220124 (Medium).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221014_220415 (Medium).jpg
    20221014_220415 (Medium).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi.
Unfortunately nothing helps, ....
Is there any idea yet?
I think we need to clarify some of the problem descriptions.

I repaired the instrument cluster...
Please clarify what you mean by "instrument cluster".
( it was corrupted i.e. icons appeared and disappeared after a while ).
What were the icons?

The problem arose when I repaired the camera....
What did you do to repair the camera?

- the motors do not turn on.
What color and flashing pattern do you see on the drone rear main LED? On the arm LED?

( I have already swapped the ST10 apparatus
Does this mean you tried using a different ST10?

For what reason you want to do an update? You have the latest version on the ST10+. Camera is bound to ST10 but is the drone bound? Doe you have status, voltage and so on at the screen? If yes done is bound too.

Next step is to check if GPS fix is reached. As long as GPS status is still 'Acquiring' motors can only be started if GPS support was switched off. Is there a sound when you try to start motors?

br HE

Hello.
The problem has been solved, after disassembling the drone it turned out that the drone was previously disassembled and the antenna wire was simply soldered, I also replaced the GPS module with another one and everything is OK ( below is a photo of the mentioned components ). Thank you for all your suggestions.

Attachments

• 20221029_115917 (Medium).jpg
    20221029_115917 (Medium).jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: h-elsner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval