Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the wrong thread for this but Steeve Lebon has posted a video tutorial on how to install US firmware on a European H Plus, and vice versa. The commentary is in French - but the pictures are in English.

Reactions: Frontier and oliver
Possibly the wrong thread for this but Steeve Lebon has posted a video tutorial on how to install US firmware on a European H Plus, and vice versa. The commentary is in French - but the pictures are in English.
May I ask what is the benefit of installing US firmware in place of EU firmware? Thank you.

I'm not the person with the answer but I believe the built-in regulatory restrictions are different. Also if a firmware update should render your drone unusable then it might be a temporary fix to install firmware from another region.

Reactions: Frontier
The number of wifi channels are smaller than in USA / CHINA and the transmission power is lower. So in EU version, the C23 will search on the authorized band the best transmission with the strongest signal. It takes 1mn 30s.
In the US / C version, the channel is already allocated at startup, which saves time.

Reactions: Frontier
Same thing happens at Vimeo. 720 and 1080 goes online first with the 4k taking longer to resolve. It’s usually a good 5-10 minutes after the upload completes to see the 4k imagery.

Another short YouTube video to give me more video publishing experience...
Shot with all auto settings at 4K/60 fps. As I am posting this, YouTube has processed up to 1080P, eventually 4K/60 should also be available.
Nice, clean video, albeit the usual stuttering for me at 4k60 even on a 32Mbps connection. Was this a flying club where the tree canopy is littered with the remnants of lost loved ones? I would have been tempted to publish at 1080 using the 4k footage to zoom in to the dead thing.

Nice, clean video, albeit the usual stuttering for me at 4k60 even on a 32Mbps connection. Was this a flying club where the tree canopy is littered with the remnants of lost loved ones? I would have been tempted to publish at 1080 using the 4k footage to zoom in to the dead thing.

Perhaps what was needed was an H520 with an E50 to “get closer”.

[emoji27]

Yes, local flying location. We are lucky to have a county park specifically for RC and drone flying. The only negative is the line of trees on the northern boundary. On the other hand, it keeps the pilots alert :) . Don't know how many planes have been eaten over the years, but enough for one enterprising fellow to have a poster at the site describing his 'plane recovery' services :).

I published at 4K because I was curious what Cyberlink PD16 would do with a 'lower resolution' digitally zoomed clip or two that needed to be upscaled to 4K. The results came out better than I expected.

Another short YouTube video to give me more video publishing experience...
Shot with all auto settings at 4K/60 fps. As I am posting this, YouTube has processed up to 1080P, eventually 4K/60 should also be available.
Looks great! Very smooth; no sign of stuttering in 4K/60fps on my system. Auto settings make it a little overexposed and flat colors but that's easy to correct in post. Only problem I saw was in the final scenes where you were flying into the sun and prop shadows crossed the lens. The best looking shots will be at about 90-deg to the sun. The deep contrasts that produces should be easy for the C23's wider dynamic range to handle. Keep up the good work.

Nice suspension bridge footage by Ville Skyscape Luoto in 1080/25. Cognitive therapy for anyone like me who suffers panic attacks on bridges…and even watching videos of them.

Reactions: rdonson
Nice suspension bridge footage by Ville Skyscape Luoto in 1080/25. Cognitive therapy for anyone like me who suffers panic attacks on bridges…and even watching videos of them.

Beautiful bridge shots.
Did you notice the anti-aliasing jiggle of the vertical bridge suspension cables? Distracting. I wonder if that would still be noticeable in 4K.
I'm sorry, but now that I've seen good 4K video, 1080p stuff has to be exceptionally interesting for me to enjoy it.

Yup, and if it isn't 4K/60 fps jittery motion can be annoying :) .
I've seen plenty of 4K/60 videos on YT that aren't jittery.

The jitters sometimes come from a slow feed from YT. I've come to believe that different Hosts on YT feed the video at different bit rates. If you don't like the one you get initially, exit out of the video and reload it. That usually works to get a different Host which, 9 times out of 10 (oddly enough), will provide a higher bit rate. Disclaimer: I'm not sure about the relationship between Host and bit rate, this is just my observation.

If you still see jitters, it is likely the result of the videographer not using a high speed microSD card in the camera.

Actually, my point was not YT induced jitters. I was referring to the fact that I find car motion on most 30 fps videos (4K or otherwise) to be very annoying to me. Also, panning, except very slowly drives me nuts as well. I guess I am just super sensitive to this type of motion artifact. I have run these tests on the H+ for myself and raw video from the C23 at anything less than 60 fps is a problem for me...

Actually, my point was not YT induced jitters. I was referring to the fact that I find car motion on most 30 fps videos (4K or otherwise) to be very annoying to me. Also, panning, except very slowly drives me nuts as well. I guess I am just super sensitive to this type of motion artifact. I have run these tests on the H+ for myself and raw video from the C23 at anything less than 60 fps is a problem for me...
Ah, yes. I agree.
Panning at 24-30 fps has to be VERY slow to be smooth. Jittery car motion has a lot to do with how close the car is to the camera.

YouTube Academy member, Freddie Wong, says that the viewer probably won't notice any benefit from 60fps in slow-speed landscape footage - which I suspect accounts for the big majority of drone video.

Assuming the viewer can play it, 60fps does make fast action sharper, he says - albeit the much-admired "movie look" stems from 24fps and a lot of motion blur (which is lifelike in terms of the human eye's perception of speed). But apart from car chases, street fights and possibly high-speed low-altitude drone footage (which don't figure prominently in most drone videos), it appears to be overkill for most videographers. And annoyingly, YouTube's viewing settings don't seem to offer a choice of fps unless you drop the resolution down to 480p.

And, for sure, 60fps puts many viewing rigs under pressure, resulting in dropped frames and loss of smoothness; so I question its value for most drone videography.

He also uses this video to illustrate the difference between 60fps and 24fps. Both are smooth but the 24fps motion is more blurred - and therefore arguably more lifelike. But the 60fps footage obviously produces a clearer still image - albeit one which perhaps doesn't convey so well the fact that it's a still image of a moving ball.

All in all, 60fps is a big overhead which pushes the C23's bitrate and the SD card's capabilities to the max as well as YouTube's allocated bitrate - and then can't be viewed smoothly in HD by many people. It also takes much longer to process. As a publisher wanting to reach the largest possible audience, I would never upload a 4k/60fps video - at least, not without uploading a 30fps version too.

All in all, 60fps is a big overhead which pushes the C23's bitrate and the SD card's capabilities to the max as well as YouTube's allocated bitrate - and then can't be viewed smoothly in HD by many people. It also takes much longer to process. As a publisher wanting to reach the largest possible audience, I would never upload a 4k/60fps video - at least, not without uploading a 30fps version too.
4k/60fps, qualified agreement. 1080/60fps, not so much.
For my car and kart racing videos, I use 1080/60fps. For scenery, I use 4k/30 and slow pans. If/when I get a 4k/60fps rig, that's probably what I'll post on YT. The viewer always has the option to view at lower resolution.

Reactions: rdonson
Perhaps the whole thing is just people wanting high end camera performance from low end cameras. We are charged a lot for them but they just aren’t what they should be for the money spent. Most like to be able to justify the price with performance but in the pre-packaged multirotor world that’s pretty hard to do.

The best real direct comparisons between 1/2" and 1" sensor drone cameras that I've seen is with the new Mavic 2 Zoom (1/2" sensor) and Pro (1" sensor). Several video comparisons have been posted on YT. The advantages of the 1" sensor are pretty hard to see in most shots. About all that I can see is slightly better dynamic range. Otherwise, the video from the Zoom looks as good, and in some cases better than the Pro. The zoom feature, of course, is another subject.
Then there's the Evo. Bo Lorentzen found it's 1/2" sensor to have exceptional dynamic range. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49