Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here is my amateur attempt at a YouTube video taken with the H+ at 4K/60 fps. I thought this was an interesting view,. Be gentle :). Liming a Field.
Congratulations! So far, I'm only seeing 1080/60 but it's good, clean footage. I was tempted to ask for a colour boost but I guess the colours are pretty lifelike.

Congratulations! So far, I'm only seeing 1080/60 but it's good, clean footage. I was tempted to ask for a colour boost but I guess the colours are pretty lifelike.
@YuKay , yes, the colors seem to be pretty accurate. I should have mentioned in the YouTube info section that the sky was overcast so everything seems a little dull.

@YuKay , yes, the colors seem to be pretty accurate. I should have mentioned in the YouTube info section that the sky was overcast so everything seems a little dull.
How about creative licence? Is it the videographer's job to faithfully record what Nature is giving, or enhance it?

I would think that’s dependent on what kind of story the author is trying to tell. Are they after fact, or fiction?

@Barton I watched the 4K video on my 5K monitor and it looked very clean.

I'm glad I wasn't anywhere near that cloud of lime. :D

I would think that’s dependent on what kind of story the author is trying to tell. Are they after fact, or fiction?

Not a single photograph by Ansel Adams looked that way in the view camera screen. Every photo was meticulously burned and dodged... and fully mapped out so they can be accurately reproduced to his original specifications.

@Barton I watched the 4K video on my 5K monitor and it looked very clean.

I'm glad I wasn't anywhere near that cloud of lime. :D
Thanks Ron. I wanted to minimize inadvertent processing artifacts since it appears that those on this forum are more interested in the native capabilities of the camera.

Lime cloud: Yes, that is why I stayed above and to windward :).

OK, here is my amateur attempt at a YouTube video taken with the H+ at 4K/60 fps. I thought this was an interesting view,. Be gentle :). Liming a Field.

I thought it was a fine first video and I see some natural talent in your video capture and editing, good flying and music score.

When it comes to video making and sticking to the rules. . . . I think Captain Barbosa said it best;)

Reactions: Rubik
Thanks Ron. I wanted to minimize inadvertent processing artifacts since it appears that those on this forum are more interested in the native capabilities of the camera.

Lime cloud: Yes, that is why I stayed above and to windward :).

Yes, I want to see what the camera can do natively. I know how I can use my video tools to get where I want to be but that's useless if the base product of the camera is $%$%^&

I thought it was a fine first video and I see some natural talent in your video capture and editing, good flying and music score.

When it comes to video making and sticking to the rules. . . . I think Captain Barbosa said it best;)

@Ty Pilot , Thank you! Your comments are very much appreciated.

To be fully transparent, this is my first UAV/drone video. I have posted a few windsurfing speedsailing videos to my YouTube channel but the capture process was definitely different :) .

Ah okay, I was seriously impressed if this was your first video and am no less so now and as I mentioned, the flying looks very good. A lot of aerial videos do not let the viewer see the subject or in fact have no subject or; are a constant barrage of new subjects being thrown at the screen. Your video allows the viewer to see and understand what they are looking at and the title connects.

Reactions: Barton
Hmmmm... who came up with the idea to market a “professional” drone that limits the professional user? Until now that was a *** concept.

They have to follow the law if they want to sell drones that people can use in their country
For example in my country the limit for hight is 147 feet and the distance is aroound 1312 feet
So i have no problems with limitation and NFZ

In Europe next year we will have again more restrictions with the implementation of the new Europeeen drone law.

Marnix

A small video from today's flight with rather strong gusts (3 Beaufort and more).
Shot at 1080p@120fps, rendered at 1080p@60fps for slow motion effect.
Gimbal in world mode.

Reactions: rdonson
A small video from today's flight with rather strong gusts (3 Beaufort and more).
Gimbal in world mode.

Nice smooth pan! Could you explain the benefit in rendering at 60fps rather than 30fps? Have you compared the resulting videos?

Nice smooth pan! Could you explain the benefit in rendering at 60fps rather than 30fps? Have you compared the resulting videos?
Initial rendering was done at 1080p@30fps but I did not like the result: I felt the pan was jerky, probably because my focus is on the sea where I could notice un-natural surface movement. 60fps render fixed that.

Reactions: YuKay and rdonson
Gimbal in world mode.

Very nice. It's amazing that at half speed, wave and flag action looked perfectly natural. Interesting pixelation on the distant horizon at 1:15 to 1:30. I wonder if 4K/30 rendered at 1080p/30 would look like that also?

Very nice. It's amazing that at half speed, wave and flag action looked perfectly natural. Interesting pixelation on the distant horizon at 1:15 to 1:30. I wonder if 4K/30 rendered at 1080p/30 would look like that also?
The pixels stripe you mention (the area between the island on the back and the coast) does not appear when I play the file from my computer, only on Youtube appears that way :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie