Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video glitches after new v3.03 firmware update!!

I have that same issue. The video that records directly to the controller is messy only at the start though then it evens out. The video on the ad card is fine. Annoying but not a reason to call yuneec I think. Now if it were that way on the card, **** might break loose.
Call Yuneec you might have to send in the ST16 to be fixed

The video quality of a wifi based 720p image in real time at your ST16 is subject to glitches all the time. It's irrelevant as the important image is being recorded on the card in the camera. Image drop in flight is only a problem if you are trying to fly through the monitor only and have no VLOS (which is basically illegal) and then crash or lose the drone. The video quality of the CGO3 camera has not changed and actually is better now with the additional camera controls added with latest firmware updates. Perhaps you don't understand how HD video works?

They are replacing the ST16 unit, I'm in IT I understand a lot more than HD videos and how they work, genius!!!!!!!

i think yuneec needs to fix this ASAP . it was not a problem before firmware update and it looks bad when playing back video to a client in the field .
i should not have to explain to a client that the firmware on the controller is borked and that there video will come out ok .

i do not believe this is a hardware problem as it did not exisit for lots of people before updating to latest firmware .

i think yuneec needs to fix this ASAP . it was not a problem before firmware update and it looks bad when playing back video to a client in the field .
i should not have to explain to a client that the firmware on the controller is borked and that there video will come out ok .

i do not believe this is a hardware problem as it did not exisit for lots of people before updating to latest firmware .
I second this, Video on the ST-16 is glitchy and splotchy when playing back, also on UAV toolbox. Before the software upgrade it was smooth and nice.

I also have twitchy, pixelated video that the ST16 records from the live video stream, the SD card from the SGO3+ is fine.
This occurred after the march update to the ST16 and Typhoon H.

I think with everyone here having this problem after the installing the March update, but not before, it's pretty obvious that Yuneec changed the recording speed and bps of the live video stream with the March update.

Yuneec needs to change the recording of the video stream on the ST16 back to what gives a good recording.

The need for a good recording is to determine when and under what conditions the video stream reception became corrupted.
If the recording is corrupted after having been received it's not possible to determine when there was a weak video link.

Trying to determine and note when this occurs in real time can result in unnecessary crashes (like there is ever a necessary crash ?).

After updating the ST16 and Typhoon H with the March 2017 update I have the same problems of pixelated, jumpy frames, and smeared images that everyone else on this thread has had.

It is pretty obvious that the cause of this is the coding in the March update, it's not a hardware problem that suddenly broke after the March update.

The reason it is necessary to have an honest and accurate video recording by the ST16 of what it has received is to determine when and under what conditions the video link becomes corrupted (out of range or obscured).
If the ST16 software doesn't faithfully record the video link it's not possible to determine if or when the actual video link was corrupted, or if it was corrupted at all.

As it stands now the ST16 video recording is useless as it shows the video link is corrupted with the Typhoon sitting on the ground 20' away from the ST16.

hmmm, the previous message didn't show up as being posted until I posted this one, after all this typing I'll leave both up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech