Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video on card corrupt

It does take nice pics when you can see them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-08-22-00-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-08-22-00-57.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
I think i may have fixed it! I was thinking there may be something up with the CGO3 firmware. I tried re-installing it, but I was doing it wrong. The CGO3 will not recognize the update on the card if the version in the camera is the same as what you put on the card. Sooo.. when you put the file on the card you have to rename it. The current version is 2.4.0.0, so i put 2.4.0.0 on the SD card and named it 2.5.0.0 and Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! It took it and installed it!
I set up in the house due to it being dark and -10 deg and recorded 15 minutes worth of video. Of course it broke it up into 3 five minute files, but they all played. I then deleted the video files from the DCIM folder without re-formatting the card and did it again. I took 3 pictures and redorded 12 min of video. All the pictures were viewable, and all 3 video files played. 2 of them 5 min in length and 1 of them 2 minutes!
Hopefully being able to re-install the firmware did the trick! The test will be next flight! Still got fingers and toes crossed!
great . you don't have to re format the SD card after every flight just delete the files from the card .

Reactions: Firefly
Thanks NRRTRAINS.
Hopefully that cures the problem. Soon as i get the chance to fly again I'll know!
Fingers crossed!

What is your connecting

index.php

or

YUNQ500132_2.jpg

I'm wondering if you know where I can get that connection cable from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea. Mine doesnt have that cable. The connection to my Q500 is in the gimbal mount. It makes the connection when you slide it onto the quad.
Any parts I need i get from a friend of mine who sells Yuneec through his Hobby Town store.

Reactions: Army_DR0N3R
I have no idea. Mine doesnt have that cable. The connection to my Q500 is in the gimbal mount. It makes the connection when you slide it onto the quad.
Any parts I need i get from a friend of mine who sells Yuneec through his Hobby Town store.

Does he have an email address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reformat the SD card. also use a class 10 SD card , a brand name like Sand Disk Ultra ,don't use a cheap SD card from china you will have corrupt files , i know this as a fact .

SanDisk...Sand Disk makes your videos grainy

Sooo... my last 3 flights have been without crash! I am having an issue with the files the CGO3 writes to the card! Some of the MP4 files will play, and others will not. I get a message saying they are corrupt! Most of the pictures are viewable, but the videos are not. When opened in real player I get a message saying component of this file in unfound. If you have deleted it would you like to delete the rest of the file. Corrupt media encountered during playback.
I have tried 2 different SD cards. The original that came with the quad and a sandisk U3. Any ideas?
Try formatting the card using the transmitter

Hi Firefly.

I am having the same problem with my CGO3 cam. Did updating the firmware fix the problem?
I was in contact with Yuneec and was asked to do a ground based range test. I got over 200m with the ST10 and and the video recorded fine. When I tried the same with the Iphone app I lost vedio contact for a while, but it still recorded all the video.
It's when the copter is flying that I get lost video files, (files show up as 0mb on the pc). It's annoying not knowing if you will get the shot you want or not..

Makes me wonder if a vibration when the Q is running might be causing a loss of power to the camera.

Hi Jafo. That thought has crossed my mind, but I'm not seeing any dropout on the video coming into the controller. I'm guessing that if I lose power to the camera (even for a split second) it would take a little while to start up and connect to the st10 again?

Hi Jafo. That thought has crossed my mind, but I'm not seeing any dropout on the video coming into the controller. I'm guessing that if I lose power to the camera (even for a split second) it would take a little while to start up and connect to the st10 again?
Yep. Those are good thoughts.
I'm guessing your using a good quality SD card and it formats okay ?
You remember to end the recordings before turning off the Q ?
Try reloading the camera firmware.
Keep us updated.

I'll try a firmware update and let you know what happens
the sd card is a Samsung pro 32gb, that was said to have a read speed of 95 MB / s and up to 90MB / s write speed. It has no problems in a gopro at 4K.
I've even tried just recording at 1080p / 30 but with the same results. Say for example I record 12 mins of video, I might get the first 5 mins and the last 2. the 5 mins of video from the middle shows as 0MB.
One other thing I have tried is a demo of a file recovery program. That did find the missing videos but been a demo it would only recover one file. I could just buy the full program, but it would be better to fix the problem at its roots.

Hi guys Just a quick update. I did a firmware update on the camera and all seems to be working fine now. 4 flights and all video files are readable.

Thats awesome. Thank you. The owner of the hobby shop where i bought my bird is a friend of mine. I'm hoping maybe he has a little insight as to whats going on. He's out of town till tomorrow afternoon. I have never seen such a thing. I cant figure out why it would write one file just fine and the next one not. Even in the same flight. IDK just frustrating.
Thank you for your help Trapper!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech