Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Stuttering

What id do is id run it from 4k to 1080p edit it and go from there. I mostly just splice an audio file with it. I dont care for all these "glamorous" looking videos and photos. Each to their own though. I respect the work one goes into making that

What software are you using? I use Premier Pro and get stuttering all the time when working on and viewing anything greater than 720. This can be got round by editing in Proxy mode which will allow you to work stutter free. Once finished editing it will convert back to full HD for your saved video.
ST16 often stutters when reviewing footage in my experience.
Yes, the editing software used can play a huge part in the quality of a rendered video particularly when your computer hasn't got the legs to support that software sufficiently. I particularly noticed stuttering on videos edited in Davinci Resolve. Interestingly I noticed that videos produced from source footage captured using a P2V+ rendered just fine without any stuttering while footage from the H480 suffered quite badly from stuttering (now why was that?). In the end I ditched Resolve in favour of Filmora (by Wondershare) which renders H480 footage quite nicely.

Incidentally, I edit my footage on an elderly laptop running an i5 processor with an nvidea Geforce-GT CUDA graphics card and the laptop has 8 gig memory. Certainly not the best for 4K footage but normally well capable of 1080 Full HD.

If the OP is experiencing "stuttering" on his computer I'm going to suggest he has a computer problem. having a slow computer and trying to play back UHD video and experiencing issues is a very common problem. If he wants he can download a video shot and processed in 4k that has zero stuttering issues to help determine if the problem is the video or the computer. I have a couple of car show videos that can be viewed on Vimeo, where you can adjust the video quality by using the gear icon at the bottom right side of the media window. If you experience "stuttering" change the video quality downward until the stuttering goes away. Both can be downloaded. Both possess a Creative Commons license with attribution and no derivative requirements. One was shot and processed in 1080with an H and CGO-3 and the other, longer video was shot and processed in 4k using a 920 and CGO-4 camera. Neither provides any level of "stuttering" unless either the internet bandwidth available during online payback is limited, or if the computer is too slow and lacks the graphics card and/or screen resolution necessary to handle them. Give them a go on your computer and see what happens.

Typhoon H/CGO-3, 1080 video:

920/CGO-4, 4k video:

Reactions: rdonson
The ST-16 only shows 720p and I only use it as a reference when flying. I never review video on the ST-16. I've not seen any stuttering in post (Apple Final Cut Pro X).

I have seen some video from people where they complained about "flashes" in their video. In every case I've seen it was because they were using auto white balance and what they saw was usually called "blooming".

Can you share how you've set up the camera for video?

If the OP is experiencing "stuttering" on his computer I'm going to suggest he has a computer problem. having a slow computer and trying to play back UHD video and experiencing issues is a very common problem. If he wants he can download a video shot and processed in 4k that has zero stuttering issues to help determine if the problem is the video or the computer. I have a couple of car show videos that can be viewed on Vimeo, where you can adjust the video quality by using the gear icon at the bottom right side of the media window. If you experience "stuttering" change the video quality downward until the stuttering goes away. Both can be downloaded. Both possess a Creative Commons license with attribution and no derivative requirements. One was shot and processed in 1080with an H and CGO-3 and the other, longer video was shot and processed in 4k using a 920 and CGO-4 camera. Neither provides any level of "stuttering" unless either the internet bandwidth available during online payback is limited, or if the computer is too slow and lacks the graphics card and/or screen resolution necessary to handle them. Give them a go on your computer and see what happens.

Typhoon H/CGO-3, 1080 video:

920/CGO-4, 4k video:
Pat, there are no links provided here. I'd like to see your videos.

Pat, there are no links provided here. I'd like to see your videos.

Right click on the each video's title... it is an active link.

I hoping to read if the OP experienced any stutter viewing either of those. If he downloads them to his SD card for playback they may help isolate his issues.

Its probably my resolution. Because i have a software called 5kplayer. It allows 4k videos to be played on my PC. My components aren't the problem. It is my monitors. I dont have access to a 4k monitor currently

I also apologize for the delay in getting back to the post. As i have been very busy these days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig