Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video: Yuneec H520 - Test Flight "E50 Quality & Industrial Inspection"

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi

We have another video, that meaner people, they just make us jealous :D

and a review in german, the translation of the subtitles on youtube is not very good........

Only one question if anyone has the answer. What was the stand off distance when they shot the ladder?

OK, how about something which demonstrates the dynamic range of the camera instead of these middle of the day samples.

Only one question if anyone has the answer. What was the stand off distance when they shot the ladder?

FOV on the E50 is 58 deg vs 98 deg on the CGO3+. Based off some quick math, that camera is going to show the middle 50% of what the CGO3+ shows.

If that ladder is 16" wide (standard) it looks like the camera shot is 64" wide, so they're probably about 5 feet off the ladder?

I could be way off base here, my knowledge of camera geometry could be flat wrong. But I would be interested to see sideby side performance of the E50 and CGO3+

Perhaps a tri- level comparison with the E90 in the mix would be of benefit for those having to make a camera decision.

Perhaps not 100% accurate but if the E50's field of view is 58 degrees and the ladder is 24 inches from side to side as in the pic below; the total distance in the screen shot from left to right is about 65 inches and that would put the camera's sensor is about 58.5 Inches away from the wall. Add back in perhaps 24 inches that the ladder back safety hoop is out away from the wall and about 14 inches for the H520 body and props ahead of the sensor and the minimum clearance between the back of the ladder and the front props would be around 20 inches. In that German video above, I thought he said the field of view is 41 degrees but perhaps he was saying is a 41mm equivalent view. Either way, its certainly better than the CG03+ which could not take that picture.

Scale.jpg

The relative position of the 520 is a critical piece of missing information for those currently performing inspection work. We need to establish whether or not we can position the aircraft further away from the subject to obtain shots with good detail while increasing the safety factor.

A three view comparison between the CGO3, E50, and E90 cameras shot from the same relative position, with that position reference documented, would help many make good camera selection decisions. For me, the only thing hindering placing an order is the camera selection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers