Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waiver Request Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Some info for those of you that desire an NFZ or height restriction waiver.

If you are an amateur operator you will need to request a waiver request from from Yuneec and return it either snail mail, or preferably as a completed, scanned document to Yuneec using a reply to the e-mail that provided you the form. As an amateur there will still be a height limitation if you are flying within an NFZ location.

107 or 333 operators need to send two documents using the same methods to Yuneec. One is the waiver request while the other will be a copy of your 107 card or 333 authorization. As a professional, licensed operator you will have NO restrictions. If you fail to provide the license info you will have the same height restrictions as the amateurs. Proof of your professional license status is mandatory.

Remember that it is YOUR responsibility to contact the FAA to obtain permission prior to operating within federally restricted airspace. The same applies to amateurs.

If you have more than one H you will need to submit a waiver request for each machine you desire to use within an NFZ as either an amateur or professional.

Every time the H and -16 firmware is updated the waiver authorization software needs to be installed again afterwards. Save the files you are provided when your waiver is granted. Do not share them with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's because of crap like this that people are getting away from drones. A few people have done "stupid" things with their drones, and now everyone is "paying the price". Similar to motorcycles, "It's the few who give the many a bad name." Because of "the few", the FAA decided to "stick their noses" into what's supposed to be a hobby, and now we have a "government-regulated" hobby.

What's next? Will they limit in-air time, applicable to drones, planes, and helicopters? Will the DOT start regulating on- & off-road RC vehicle speed limits? Maybe the USCG and/or EPA will start regulating maximum RC boat lengths?

The whole thing of the FAA getting into regulating drones was all because a few idiots (probably less than 0.001% of all done flyers) just 'had' to go do some stupid things. 'Big Brother' isn't so-much "taking over" because they "choose to"...'Big Brother' is "taking over" because idiots keep freely giving them reasons (ie. the "ammunition") to do so.

It's because of crap like this that people are getting away from drones. A few people have done "stupid" things with their drones, and now everyone is "paying the price". Similar to motorcycles, "It's the few who give the many a bad name." Because of "the few", the FAA decided to "stick their noses" into what's supposed to be a hobby, and now we have a "government-regulated" hobby.

What's next? Will they limit in-air time, applicable to drones, planes, and helicopters? Will the DOT start regulating on- & off-road RC vehicle speed limits? Maybe the USCG and/or EPA will start regulating maximum RC boat lengths?

The whole thing of the FAA getting into regulating drones was all because a few idiots (probably less than 0.001% of all done flyers) just 'had' to go do some stupid things. 'Big Brother' isn't so-much "taking over" because they "choose to"...'Big Brother' is "taking over" because idiots keep freely giving them reasons (ie. the "ammunition") to do so.
Soon After they Develop a Cure for Stupid, we won't have these Issues any more.....;)

Reactions: h-elsner

Did you ever think that one of the main reasons we have tighter control of our air space is because of the rise in very large RC aircraft? The damage that one of those large aerobatic or scale aircraft/helicopters with all the nitrated fuel on board could be immense. Could you imagine if it hit an airliner. Don't get me wrong I've being flying scale and aerobatic RC models since 1980 and loved it, but these very large scale models are just getting out of hand.
Regards.
Mike

I don’t understand a thread almost 4 years old was resurrected. The horse has been beat on in threads a lot newer than this one.

Glad that you mentioned this it is not the only one that "reappeared", I have notices some other threads also, one back as far as 2016, unable to remember the subject

Glad that you mentioned this it is not the only one that "reappeared", I have notices some other threads also, one back as far as 2016, unable to remember the subject
I think part of it is the new software having the function of showing similar threads below the thread you are viewing. People respond to them without seeing the date of the original post.

The similar thread function is good when searching for answers to a problem someone is having with their UAS, but for many things it just dredges up silt.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I don’t understand a thread almost 4 years old was resurrected. The horse has been beat on in threads a lot newer than this one.
I think a lot of old threads are popping up below as options on a particular subject,and some members are replying to these. I almost did that the other day until I realized how old it was.Just caught up in the progression of things I guess

I want even accessing via the website, or using any "similar threads" filter...I'm accessing via the TapaTalk app. I admit, I didn't check the post date...but, for whatever reason, it showed up on my list of recent posts. I can't explain it. Over the past almost two years I've been using TapaTalk, I can only recall one other time this has happened.

Nevertheless, the fact that there are other threads covering similar subjects, combined with the fact that (essentially) all these other threads are also getting replies, is period enough that it's a "problem". As Mike commented on, yes, some of these hobby aircraft can damage airliners...but, that is EXACTLY the "stupid" I was talking about. It doesn't take much brainpower to comprehend the fact that one shouldn't fly these things around commercial airspace. In pointing out the "reaction" (RC drone/plane/helicopter colliding with a commercial airliner), one should NOT blame the "reaction". Instead, you look to the "action" that caused it (someone being an idiot).

I'm in agreement that drones, when handled improperly, can be dangerous. I'm also in agreement with some form of restrictions being put in place...but, those restrictions shouldn't be designed to remove the enjoyment of participating in the hobby. The restrictions could have been designed to permanently remove those causing the problems from further participation in the hobby. I know what I'm about to say might sound "extreme" to some...but, of you seriously think about it, it's not as extreme as it might first appear.

Currently, people with drones over a certain weight are required to get FAA "registration", which is a simple matter of filling out the form, and posting the fee. There's nothing in that 'qualifying' a person's ability to fly, not qualifying a person's level of ability. Yes, there's the Part 107 certification, but that's at the "higher end of the spektrum", so-to-speak, assumed at commercial flying. The thing is, people can still buy drones, without ever obtaining the currently-required "registration". There's nothing forcing them to do so. If a person wants to purchase a firearm, they must first apply for a permit, and then go through a background check. Only once the background check is complete, and they are issued a permit, are they allowed to purchase a firearm. Likewise, in order to obtain a driver's license, one must take a test (or several tests, in the case of a commercial license), as well as pass an on-road driving test. Instead of having all these highly-restrictive restrictions in place for flying drones, but NOTHING actually enforcing them (thus making the current restrictions, essentially, useless), why couldn't the FAA have done something similar to the requirements for obtaining a firearm permit and/or driver's license? The test(s) could be on the simplified side, and a hands-on test for proving one's ability to properly handle a drone.

There could have been a "basic" permit (for hobbyists), and a "commercial" permit (similar to the current Part 107). Manufacturers would have installed a chip on the mainboard of all drones over the weight-limit (which, realistically, would have only added a few dollars to the manufacturing cost). Consumers would have provided proof of their permit before being allowed to purchase a drone. And, most importantly, each permitted owner would have had to register their drone, under their permit number, before the drone name operational. Accountability and enforceability. The restrictions could have been considerably less then they currently are...and, should you violate them, your drone automatically becomes non-operational. A second violation (or third, depending on the severity of the previous violation(s)), and your permit is revoked for a specified period of time. Once the permit is reactivated, a further violation would permanently revoke the permit.

Obviously, with any similar type of matter, there are ways of "beating the system", just as there are unregistered firearms on the streets, in the possession of those without permits, and there are drivers on the roads without a driver's licence. Such will always be the case, as there will always be "stupid" people. But, taking this in the right direction (which, obviously, the FAA didn't do) would have been something that a LOT more hobbyists would have accepted.

That's my "two cents worth". I am finished...and, I'm selling my Typhoon H (the last of my drones).

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
The new site software shows up on Tapatalk also. Where recent threads used to show up, it now displays "similar threads" and is titled as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval