Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Want to help make a better manual?

Bob, I can't get any of the links in this discussion thread to work for me. I have V 1.2 of the PDF manual and could send it to you via WeTransfer if I had your email. Just message me your email. Actually the PDF is 5.8MB if your mail can handle that directly.
Ron
I just tried the link on page 1 and it seems to open ok..... 26 pages.

I’ve been a little busy with classes to work on it. But I have been checking suggested changes and approving or dening

Reactions: Steve Carr
I also have another one from another website and author named USER MANUAL RS-Vcho 9/15 with 75 pages and includes a lot more.

Typhoon H manual - cleaned Up and updated (70pgs)

I've just been on a hunt since getting my TH480 sucking up as many YouTube videos and info I can find on this aircraft. The TH480 is my first drone and I was woefully ignorant and I did what I could to arm myself with info. My previous RC experiences were with RC sailplanes. Sailplanes are a tame world compared to hexacopters.

Ron

Last edited:
Bob, I can't get any of the links in this discussion thread to work for me. I have V 1.2 of the PDF manual and could send it to you via WeTransfer if I had your email. Just message me your email. Actually the PDF is 5.8MB if your mail can handle that directly.

Ron

Thanks Ron, but I have that version already.

I also have another one from another website and author named USER MANUAL RS-Vcho 9/15 with 75 pages and includes a lot more.

Typhoon H manual - cleaned Up and updated (70pgs)

I've just been on a hunt since getting my TH480 sucking up as many YouTube videos and info I can find on this aircraft. The TH480 is my first drone and I was woefully ignorant and I did what I could to arm myself with info. My previous RC experiences were with RC sailplanes. Sailplanes are a tame world compared to hexacopters.

Ron

Wow Ron. Thanks for those links!

I downloaded the pdf in this thread, but the interface has changed with the H Plus. Is there a an extended version of the basic manual I can download? It would be nice to have a reference I could read without having to power up the controller.

I downloaded the pdf in this thread, but the interface has changed with the H Plus. Is there a an extended version of the basic manual I can download? It would be nice to have a reference I could read without having to power up the controller.
I don't think anyone has posted an updated manual as yet. I presume you have downloaded the Plus manual from Yuneec.
There are a number of helpful posts on the H Plus How-to page. Typhoon H Plus "How To"

This is already filled with garbage edits.
I suggest that you:
1) Roll back any 'anonymous' edits.

2) Roll back any changes that do not explain WHY the change was made.
For example, what is up with the strikeouts on page 8?
Was it moved? Removed? No more "i did x" edits.

This is already filled with garbage edits.
I suggest that you:
1) Roll back any 'anonymous' edits.

2) Roll back any changes that do not explain WHY the change was made.
For example, what is up with the strikeouts on page 8?
Was it moved? Removed? No more "i did x" edits.

Which document are you talking about?

Which document are you talking about?
My apologies, Ron
I was looking at the original post, none of the cleaned up ones.
The latest one looks great.

Maybe you could edit the first post to always contain the latest document?

Do you want things one at a time or in a digest?

EG: Page 25 Col 1 Paragraph: "As you fly higher/lower..."
Fix with: "This is do to impart the aircraft..."
Suggested: "This indicates that the aircraft lost one satellite and acquired a different one."

Also: Is it worth adding a note that you get better GPS reception on the south side of a building in the northern hemisphere and the south side in the southern?

Do you want things one at a time or in a digest?

EG: Page 25 Col 1 Paragraph: "As you fly higher/lower..."
Fix with: "This is do to impart the aircraft..."
Suggested: "This indicates that the aircraft lost one satellite and acquired a different one."

Also: Is it worth adding a note that you get better GPS reception on the south side of a building in the northern hemisphere and the south side in the southern?

I think that editing the first post will require the original poster or a Moderator to make the changes.

I've decided to start an editable document for everyone to help contribute information for a better manual.

The first stage will be completely open for all to help. Second stage will close for only a select few to actually edit, but everyone can make comments for things to be added or changed.

Anyone who helps is welcome to leave a note on the last section!

Please Please Please don't troll.

Link to the document is here:
Typhoon H manual

EDIT: Posted wrong link
I remember someone on the forum doing something like this but I cant remember if it was a Typhoon H Guide or a Typhoon q500 4K manual.

Yeah their manual sucks! I learned more from You Tube videos than from their manual! How pathetic! Like the fact that you HAVE collision avoidance, but ONLY AFTER you reach 12 ' off the ground! Nowhere in the manual does it say that. AND it says in the manual when you are calibrating the accelerometer, that you have to keep the drone hovering! You don't have to hover it at all! You can do it without the propellers turning at all-learned that on a you Tube video too! And the QUICK START GUIDE doesn't tell you much! No calibrating info at all, Very little ST16 info-might as well! Burn that thing!

Reactions: Pharrow
I noticed when i unboxed mine I read all the directions first and they seemed scattered in different manuals and there wasn't anything mentioned about pairing with the remote anywhere, i had to go on YouTube to find out how. A step by step instructions on unboxing and setting up would be helpful for new users.

Something glitchy with the google doc? Looks like the Wizard status graphic is on every page...

Has this manual ever been finished? I like what I see but would like to know if it ever got completed. Last date i see is over four years ago.
Thanks for any responses,

Has this manual ever been finished? I like what I see but would like to know if it ever got completed. Last date i see is over four years ago.
Thanks for any responses,

Try this one instead:

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval