Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watching videos

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
I was trying to get some help on watching videos that have been recorder on the H. I tried to watch off of the sd card when I put into my LG Stylo(andriod) phone. It would show but did not play. After downloading many apps I was still unable to get a smooth playback. The most I got was a choppy playback to say the least. I tried on a 2010 MacBook pro and the same thing can someone please give me some info on how I can watch the videos besides on the st16? Software/apps I have to download/buy???? Appreciation in advance.
Thanx!

If you are trying to watch 4K video it will look choppy unless the device has the ability to play 4K. Usually 1080p will play well on most phones and laptops.

Thanx ya'll. VLC was one of the ones I tried no luck. I will keep trying.

With the ST16 powered down insert the SD card in the bottom. Power up the ST16 and go to Pad. Open gallery and the videos should be there. Mine play back pretty smooth on the ST16.

With the ST16 powered down insert the SD card in the bottom. Power up the ST16 and go to Pad. Open gallery and the videos should be there. Mine play back pretty smooth on the ST16.
I was referring to like a MacBook/ laptop/desktop. Love the ST 16 because that is the only place I have watched the videos.

I was referring to like a MacBook/ laptop/desktop. Love the ST 16 because that is the only place I have watched the videos.

Sorry misread. I'm a Windows guy so I open the file with Windows Movie Maker. MM loads the video into memory which takes a few minutes but the video will be played back smoothly. When playing back in MM the resolution is low so use the option to "save for high definition display".

You can then save the file as an MP4 or whatever and playback in HD with no screen freeze.

Sorry misread. I'm a Windows guy so I open the file with Windows Movie Maker. MM loads the video into memory which takes a few minutes but the video will be played back smoothly. When playing back in MM the resolution is low so use the option to "save for high definition display".

You can then save the file as an MP4 or whatever and playback in HD with no screen freeze.
I believe Movie Maker's highest resolution is 1080p. If so, then if you use it to export a video shot in 4K for publishing you lose the 4K resolution.

The profiles it has are also geared towards fairly low bandwidth Internet connections, so the bitrate is low. You can see that the Youtube video has many compression artifacts, and it normally does a very good job of preserving detail.

I believe Movie Maker's highest resolution is 1080p. If so, then if you use it to export a video shot in 4K for publishing you lose the 4K resolution.

Right, but i believe the OP's question was how to watch them smoothly, not necessarily export them.

Right, but i believe the OP's question was how to watch them smoothly, not necessarily export them.
You are correct and I assumed the OP was having an issue watching the videos when they were taken at a higher resolution. The OP did not even mention what resolution the videos were. Again, I assumed they were higher resolution due to only being able to watch them on the ST16+. If the OP is having an issue watching videos at 1080p and watch them from the SD card, I have had that issue also. What I have found helps with that situation is to copy the video(s) to the computer's hard drive and then try to watch them off the local hard drive. I have only found this an issue when the videos were recorded at a higher resolution.

LOng story short....The OP should try to watch the videos from the local hard drive and not off the SD card.

Please help, I can not transfer my drone footage to my laptop. Q500 do you have a link for a PC app? Thank You.

Please help, I can not transfer my drone footage to my laptop. Q500 do you have a link for a PC app? Thank You.
You must remove the sd card from the camera and put it in a USB card reader. After it's connected to your pc you can transfer the files.

Good Afternoon,
I was trying to get some help on watching videos that have been recorder on the H. I tried to watch off of the sd card when I put into my LG Stylo(andriod) phone. It would show but did not play. After downloading many apps I was still unable to get a smooth playback. The most I got was a choppy playback to say the least. I tried on a 2010 MacBook pro and the same thing can someone please give me some info on how I can watch the videos besides on the st16? Software/apps I have to download/buy???? Appreciation in advance.
Thanx!
GOMPlayer, download for free use on laptop or desk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval