Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoints too far away message

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased a h plus second hand. I’m coming from dji and still in the learning phase of the h. My question is when I turn everything on I keep getting this message (First waypoint too far away 34272 meters,900 ma) I have never set waypoints up on it. When I got it I wiped the remote to factory reset and reinstalled everything, all firmware is up too date. I have no issues with it working properly but am concerned about this message that pops up. Any information about this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks67F9D640-7B5E-4447-9E2F-2B9D83A81830.jpeg

Mine (h520e) does this when there is a mission loaded into the drone and I'm far away from the location. It is looking for the first waypoint of the loaded mission. The mission is loaded into the drone, not the controller.

Mine (h520e) does this when there is a mission loaded into the drone and I'm far away from the location. It is looking for the first waypoint of the loaded mission. The mission is loaded into the drone, not the controller.
How do you clear a mission from the aircraft?

@Outfoxed , you might try doing an SD card downgrade/upgrade of the firmware in the aircraft. See attachment 30 in this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev81-pdf.26203/ for instructions in doing so.

Attachments

• clear mission.jpg
    clear mission.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 12
I don’t have data pilot downloaded, it did have uav tool box but I deleted that. I did clear the missions before deleting it. I may try to redownload toolbox and see. I appreciate the help. P.s while on the subject do you recommend data pilot over uav? Thanks

I don’t have data pilot downloaded, it did have uav tool box but I deleted that. I did clear the missions before deleting it. I may try to redownload toolbox and see. I appreciate the help. P.s while on the subject do you recommend data pilot over uav? Thanks
DataPilot is for use with the H520 and DataPilot 2 is for the H520e. While they and the H Plus are built on the same basic airframe and electronics, the FlightController in the aircraft is different and the H Plus cannot use DataPilot to fly.

DataPilot can be used to create a mission then have UAV Toolbox convert it to a CCC mission, but to my knowledge CCC missions are not persistent and have to be loaded for each flight.

Reactions: 7cyclops
That's correct. Unlike the H520 where DataPilot (.plan) files are uploaded to the drone, CCC files are executed on the ST-16 controller and are not uploaded to the H480 (ST-16s for the H Plus).

Last edited:
DataPilot is for use with the H520 and DataPilot 2 is for the H520e. While they and the H Plus are built on the same basic airframe and electronics, the FlightController in the aircraft is different and the H Plus cannot use DataPilot to fly.

DataPilot can be used to create a mission then have UAV Toolbox convert it to a CCC mission, but to my knowledge CCC missions are not persistent and have to be loaded for each flight.
So would you have any idea why I get that message before every flight if the missions aren’t persistent? I re downloaded uav toolbox and didn’t see any missions in there. Should I just do the firmware downgrade then re update it? I’m just worried one day I’m gonna get a flyway because of this. Thanks

Thanks for the photo. You are running the right firmware/software and everything is on the same version (build 822). On your original photo that has the "First waypoint too far away" message, there is an entry, "Mission #0 loaded, 3 WPs, curr: 0." Resetting the controller should have cleared this. Is it possible that when you did the controller reset that you did not delete all of the associated data on the ST-16s? Have you already opened Task Mode to be sure that there is not a CCC route recorded? That would normally be labeled a "Route", but someone could have chosen to name it "Mission #0" in case that has remained after the reset. That may be redundant, but trying to think of things that you can try.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for the photo. You are running the right firmware/software and everything is on the same version (build 822). On your original photo that has the "First waypoint too far away" message, there is an entry, "Mission #0 loaded, 3 WPs, curr: 0." Resetting the controller should have cleared this. Is it possible that when you did the controller reset that you did not delete all of the associated data on the ST-16s? Have you already opened Task Mode to be sure that there is not a CCC route recorded? That would normally be labeled a "Route", but someone could have chosen to name it "Mission #0" in case that has remained after the reset. That may be redundant, but trying to think of things that you can try.
When I did the controller reset I did delete all the associated data. If task mode is the icon on the bottom left of the controller screen no ccc routes are shown. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me try to figure this out. Is there a folder somewhere on the controller that maybe stores that info?

I'm not at home. Once I get home, I will be able to look more closely at the file structure on the controller. There are others on the forum that may be able to share their thoughts sooner.

OK Outfoxed, I finally got back to my drones, but we had several days of rain, so sorry for the delayed response. I created a brief CCC and labeled it "Mission#0" as yours is labeled. Reportedly, the CCC files are "hidden" on the controller, but I found it with the following sequence via the internal storage directory:

Android/data/com.yuneec.android.h520c/files/mapWaypoints

If you find a file "Mission#0.dmw" that's the file you need to delete. If you do find more residual .dmw files, you might want to delete them as well.

Let us know what you find out.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop