Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

We need expos for the sticks on ST16s

DJI learned all these, because our roots was in flying 3D helis. Here is our humble beginnings. Flying for Century Helicopters, is an equivalent to Yuneec. I am not a Yuneec sponsored pilot. But Yuneec takes me back to the days, when Century Helis could be great, but failed to listen to its customers, and the first DJI was first pitch to the owner of Century, who did not believe in the future, and failed to listen to young pilots.

IRCHAHeliJamboree2006_049 copy.jpg

Because I could not get it to aligned that is why I keep compensating, and I am sorry to say this, no offense, your orbit on a subject is not a true orbit. You have to lock on your target from start to finish. Again, I can fly the same maneuver with my P4P and Inspire, without any problems.

And YES!! I am familiar with your post. I made a decision in purchasing the H+ because my son, who is my part time VO when he visits me from Hawaii, linked me to your channel and we both watched your review, and now I'm here. KUDOS! Man.

It is not the gimbal, or it could be, but for those who are into aerial cinematography, and from what @Peggy and I has discovered, it needs an exponential/curve.

No worries, when I did that shot I was not trying to get a perfect orbit, I was just getting b-roll for the video. I am charging now and will go out if the weather cooperates and do some test flying.

DJI learned all these, because our roots was in flying 3D helis. Here is our humble beginnings. Flying for Century Helicopters, is an equivalent to Yuneec. I am not a Yuneec sponsored pilot. But Yuneec takes me back to the days, when Century Helis could be great, but failed to listen to its customers, and the first DJI was first pitch to the owner of Century, who did not believe in the future, and failed to listen to young pilots.

View attachment 11845

Though I wasn't into helis, I do remember that brand. Here is me and one of my birds. Man I am getting old.

Me and TriStar.jpg

Basically, to take the jerkiness out of the equation the right stick needs to be held very precisely - and the only way to do this with a human hand is to pin it to the top of the gimbal - then use the rate slider to dial in the correct speed.

I am late to this discussion, but I have been using that technique almost from the beginning. Although unorthodox, it is really good. Better then the 480 was with my expo adjustments, and it feels natural quickly. The rate slider allows very fine granularity over the first half of sliding up; then it begins to speed up considerably. Considering unorthodox, so is letting go of the sticks to self center, take the hands off the controller, and the bird just sits there. Hmm.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Though I wasn't into helis, I do remember that brand. Here is me and one of my birds. Man I am getting old.

View attachment 11846

Wow, very nice looking bird! Certainly a few dollars and hours in that build. Here is an oldie from about 1986-87. I was sponsored by Miniature Aircraft for their Excel line. Back then, to fly inverted we set the left stick so that center stick was neutral pitch. Bringing the throttle down gave negative pitch. Just a single mechanical tail gyro, no electronics on the birds back then. Talk about feeling old now!...
Heli & Me.jpg

You aren’t that old, you could have been flying with people like Larry Jolly in the early days of RC helis trying to improve themselves and Hirobo stuff before the advent of gyros, or Bob Bouchet with his monster stack of NiCd batteries working hard to get 3 minutes of electric powered flight time. The folks doing the initial experimentation with FPV were using large RC planes to carry a big camera, had a pile of equipment with cables everywhere, and buried their heads under a large cardboard sun shield attached to a tube style TV to see the imagery. Back in the 70’s the benefits of miniaturized electronics and small computers was still a few years away.

As for the manual orbit issue, perhaps having a feature like POI would relieve a lot of them.

Does anyone know of any precision knobs for the joysticks? I have found some for DJI but I am not sure if they will fit the ST-16 joysticks.

View attachment 11846

I used to build as well, after my father past away, I let it go, too much memories, but I love the smell of balsa, glue, sawdust and ironing on the monokote lol

Nice, plane TY [emoji41][emoji41]

H520 owners(also ST16s) have been looking for exponential on the primary controls for about a year now and still nothing from Yuneec, remember the old H480 had all this as standard so there should be no excuse

[QUOTE="In addition, I will just put it out there that there is something I am working on that adds a lot of functionality to the controller in regards to all of the above and more. ;)[/QUOTE]

Alright spill your guts! You are reminding me of a girl I dated when I was in Junior High School!....;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval