Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What aided your decision into purchasing the H over the rest?

Reaction score
Here is the article I had read that ultimately was the cherry on top info wise as to why I chose the H.
I was reading up on Drone Fly away, and that's how i stumbled upon this..

Last edited:
My decision was a bit more nostalgic, it was the first Drone I ever saw in operation and just fell in love with it!

• Love
Reactions: Mechanic
Here is the article I had read that ultimately was the cherry on top info wise as to why I chose the H.
I was reading up on Drone Fly away, and that's how i stumbled upon this...https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-yuneec-typhoon-h-floated-away-on-me-but-its-184035769.html
Kind of partial to Yuneec. I have 2 Q500's and 1 H...

Yuneec is unique,that is for sure.I have a Q500+ and an H pro. Also 5 other toys up through the years. I can take any of my hubsans out or mycheerson cx-35,,worst drone ever made,but it's a blast just to keep it in the air.But there is something about Yuneec,keeps me coming back for more. I think it is a Fear factor thing.Like everyone else on here we are hooked. Keith C.

Stability in very high winds, camera turns 360 continuously, 5 motor mode redundancy ( 4 blades ,loose one you got a rotating rock ) and above all it looks an awesome mean machine in the air after you lift the legs up. Had heaps of others still the best stable drone out there. The price is great for what you get. I think that is enough to start v with. Johnno Hennessy.

ilove my H i chose it because all the reviews were top notch and i wanted to start a video journal of my vacations it seemed the most reliable.

I fell in love with the look, and with features like 360 4k camera, integrated tablet display controller, it was a hex not a quad, i.e. redundant motors, and price. I was seriously debating getting the Inspire 1 at the time but settled on the H and have never regretted my decision.

Never having had an Inspire, I never felt I could weigh in on the comparisons. I don't want to start a flame war and it's water under the bridge since both have been discontinued, but...

With the recent price drop, I recently did purchase a refurbished Inspire 1 V2.0 because I always wanted one but honestly, now that I have one, I can't believe people weren't comparing the Inspire 1 and Typhoon H head to head back in the day. Maybe it was due to the price difference but despite the hype, they are very similar. Granted the Inspire 1 is a tank in terms of build quality but IMHO not enough to justify double the price. All this talk about how great lightbridge is, yet to be honest, I prefer the near real time frame rate of the H. The frame rate of the Inspire on the tablet is really disappointing. Seeing side by side video of the Inspire 1 shooting from the Zenmuse X3 and the CGO3+, comments in terms of quality between the two, went both ways. Personally I think the H video is smoother. The Typhoon H also handles wind better and is better at holding position in wind. All that said, I think I will like my Inspire.

I never regretted my decision. Had I gone with the Inspire first, I really think I would have had regrets.

Reactions: Mechanic
I fell in love with the look, and with features like 360 4k camera, integrated tablet display controller, it was a hex not a quad, i.e. redundant motors, and price. I was seriously debating getting the Inspire 1 at the time but settled on the H and have never regretted my decision.

Never having had an Inspire, I never felt I could weigh in on the comparisons. I don't want to start a flame war and it's water under the bridge since both have been discontinued, but...

With the recent price drop, I recently did purchase a refurbished Inspire 1 V2.0 because I always wanted one but honestly, now that I have one, I can't believe people weren't comparing the Inspire 1 and Typhoon H head to head back in the day. Maybe it was due to the price difference but despite the hype, they are very similar. Granted the Inspire 1 is a tank in terms of build quality but IMHO not enough to justify double the price. All this talk about how great lightbridge is, yet to be honest, I prefer the near real time frame rate of the H. The frame rate of the Inspire on the tablet is really disappointing. Seeing side by side video of the Inspire 1 shooting from the Zenmuse X3 and the CGO3+, comments in terms of quality between the two, went both ways. Personally I think the H video is smoother. The Typhoon H also handles wind better and is better at holding position in wind. All that said, I think I will like my Inspire.

I never regretted my decision. Had I gone with the Inspire first, I really think I would have had regrets.

gwhuntoon All the dji models I looked at all seemed to be "toy" like in appearance... Typhoon looked sinister spider like compared to the rest....

Thanks for the replys everyone, its interesting to see what the selling points were for everyone.

Not sure is anyone here watched Jonny Quest when they were younger, but there was an episode called the robot spy which had a black 4 legged spider like robot with a red eye. The H flying with the gear up always reminds me of that.

Not sure is anyone here watched Jonny Quest when they were younger, but there was an episode called the robot spy which had a black 4 legged spider like robot with a red eye. The H flying with the gear up always reminds me of that.

Your gonna love this then...http://www.rogerevans.tv/jq_cut_08.html

Stability in very high winds, camera turns 360 continuously, 5 motor mode redundancy ( 4 blades ,loose one you got a rotating rock ) and above all it looks an awesome mean machine in the air after you lift the legs up. Had heaps of others still the best stable drone out there. The price is great for what you get. I think that is enough to start v with. Johnno Hennessy.
Pretty much sums it for me too.and the big controller, because I have big potentially clumsy hands with small controllers.

I love my TY -H 480
Keith Kuhn

gwhuntoon All the dji models I looked at all seemed to be "toy" like in appearance... Typhoon looked sinister spider like compared to the rest....

Thanks for the replys everyone, its interesting to see what the selling points were for everyone.

I fell in love with it too.
Till Death Due Us Part.
Keith Kuhn

Interest/curiosity fueled by being a fan of YouTuber Casey Niestat. Was just randomly browsing just before my birthday and and saw video and reviews of the H, a few days later saw an add on Facebook Marketplace for for what seemed like a good price and near where I lived. I tend to be drawn to things that are a little different, so the 6 rotor was appealing. Decided to buy as a birthday present to myself, despite having zero experience. Had it for several weeks before trying to fly, watching every video I could find, and discovering this forum which has been so helpful. That was 5 months ago. Still learning, but loving it! Of course I didn't really research, so didn't know it was not supported and parts are somewhat hard to get, nor had any idea of the FAA restrictions on drones. Impulse buy, but no regrets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss